Suggest me a good MMO?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Elemein, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Elemein

Elemein Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hi, got my iPhone 4 a couple hours ago and loving it! I upgraded from a 3G and now that I have the extra power (and a nice fat 6GB data plan), I'm looking for a MMO. I was hoping you guys could help me out, I'll try to privde enough info :)

The genres of MMO I like: Racing, Shooter, Action, RPG
    Traits the MMO should have: Easy on the battery, easy on the data usage, shouldnt be boring, should be based a lot on the community (I like MMOs with close-knit clans/guilds/crews), compatible with iPhone 4, Free

I do not need it to have very good graphics as I'm a community+gameplay > graphics kind of guy.

Thanks guys!

2. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    a lot of the MMOs that fit in your category are freemiums - the plague of the appstore. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Anyways, one that really had my attention for a while was Valor and kingdoms at war. it isn't much fun if you try to play alone, but if you join a guild and team up on other players, strategizing and conquering others can be a lot of fun(especially in valor. it actually gets so intense that it'll eat your life)

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    World of Magic by com2us is easy on battery, easy on data usage, can play over 3G/4G/WiFi, isn't boring (imo) as far as gameplay and overall, has a small file size, constant updates, graphics are anime (think ragnarok online), and the community is strong (cross-platform with iOS and Android users) & helpful from my experiences.

If your looking to go all out...get Order & Chaos Online by Gameloft. Think compacted, not as detailed, portable version of WoW. Large world, great colorful graphics, strong community, constant updates, fun gameplay, battery draining mmorpg.

4. Elemein

Elemein Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Mmm perhaps I shouldve been more specific...

Kingdoms at War and Valor are both those kind of "build an army/kingdom" type games that I dislike...

If I were going to go into a RPG, I'd want to be building around one character, such as in the PC games Ragnorak or WoW or Maplestory.

Ya' fee' me? :p

5. Elemein

Elemein Member

Jul 27, 2012

I was looking at this game before, but I was kinda iffy about the community integration... I think I'll take a peek :O

Also, I dont mind paying a bit of money, but a monthly fee is a nono in my books :/ So Order & Chaos is not possible :/

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Yeah I don't blame you on the monthly fee. What made me ultimately stop playing O&C was by end-game, the updates weren't coming quick enough for my liking and I was left with just PvP (I'm more of a PvE gamer). Gameloft does update the game so it is constantly growing, but by then it was too late...

World of Magic then became a better choice for me because it feels more like an on the go MMO that I can play anywhere and have the freedom of not having to carry chargers anymore for my Android or iOS devices which is a relief in itself. No fees, it's free to play, and you won't feel like you have to pay to win or get ahead. I can pop in for quick sessions with fast load times and most of the time no lag which I like, or longer sessions on any of my other devices when time permits and pick up right where I left off. Definitely worth the download.

7. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    For Order and Chaos Online it costs about six dollars a year to play and you get yourself plenty of updates. My experience with IMO: World of Magic is the updates don't come at a pace that is enjoyable.

8. Elemein

Elemein Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Its not so much the AMOUNT of money (as 6$ a year is miniscule), but moreso just because of the fact that its pay per month... Id rather pay once for life...

Also, good to year the world of magic support :)

9. Varking

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    The thing though, is with a subscription based mmo like Order and Chaos, you know they are making the money to keep updating the game. You don't have to worry about it falling apart. A game that you pay once for and never again may stop getting updates because the developer didn't feel the financial support from the players.

My problem with Order and Chaos is that you pay for the app, pay for a subscription ( the app comes with 3 months when you buy it ), but then there are in app purchases as well. The game is addicting though, I quit just after the one year mark.

10. Elemein

Elemein Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow I'm playing TWOM now and... It lats horribadly. Any other ame thats similar but doesnt lag so... Horrendously?

11. Varking

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Try Pocket Legends.

12. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sorry you lagged...I seldom do.