Suggest a Game Categories for iTunes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Coldar, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #1 Coldar, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
    Sorry if this subjects been already posted but researched and nothing came up. Considering all the more abundant games (and more to come) on iTunes, I'm finding myself sifting though a lot more games lately. Most of the games initial look at is the title and icon (normally I search through TA) and going by this can take me to some games I'm not too interested in (expl: childrens games) I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a bad idea to start putting games in some sort of categorial order along with a placement listing added to the icon. Like maybe shooter games under one listing and childrens in another, platform types, word/puzzle in another, etc. There just seems to be no organized structure within iTunes to find a particular game quickly and using the search within iTunes can bring up a variety of games/songs/applications and is not very user friendly imo. I think iTunes/iPhone/Touch are in the stages of birthing pains and need to expand or restructure. Be also nice if I just wanted to search for a particular type of game then could go to a category to find it. AppShoper/Apptism are two relative sites that are more categorized and think if iTunes implemented this type of structure it would be easier to locate just certain type of games of interest. Again, if this has been subject has been posted forgive me but had to write after spending some time going through games I wouldn't have cliked on if it was categorized.

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    There already is a categories section for games in iTunes.
    Scroll down some, and you'll see a games section/category.
    I admit it's not user friendly in that you have to scroll down to find it, but it's there.... ;)

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #3 Coldar, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
    Mr. Charley, Guess it shows how much I use the search areas of iTunes.....heh Appreciate the point out. I'am so used to using TA for my first look that I'd completely forgotten about that listing. What I'm really trying to say is that maybe TA could add a small category listing to the icon/title when it's presented? Just getting tired of clicking onto games I'm not interested in and the way iTunes loads (slow) it takes forever to find the true nature of the game. Though I do appreciate the direct link to iTunes.