Universal Subway Surfers (By Kiloo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

Announcing Tesla Tubes

Hey guys,

I’ve got some cool news for you today, though it’s not Subway Surfers related. We’ve just announced our new game TESLA TUBES over at the Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games forum. It’s a really addictive puzzle game where you connect matching batteries and complete buzzing puzzles to venture further into a magical machine park. It’s coming March 17th.

[​IMG]

2. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

Madagascar

Hi guys,

The Subway Surfers World Tour continues in exotic Madagascar!

Add Aina, the hip nature lover, to your Surfer crew and go explore the tropical rainforest and great valleys of the island Subway.
    You can also unlock the flashy Chameleon board.

The Weekly Hunt in Madagascar is for colorful butterflies. Catch them all to earn the weekly prizes :)

Enjoy the wild Subway, and feel free to leave any feedback or questions right here.

[​IMG]

3. subwayhunter

subwayhunter New Member

May 16, 2016
    Hi Jeppe,

I became a big fan of the game recently, you guys rock!
    I started with the Sydney edition, and now updated to Peru.
    Do the updates occur on a monthly basis?
    In my experience the dynamics of the game slightly changed with the update, as in Peru the trains seem to be much shorter and the playing ground in general less spacious. One cant jump so reckless as in Sydney, but has to interrupt most of the jumps with a rolling gesture while in the air.
    Is this what i am experiencing a glitch, or it is meant so by the developers, that the space for playing varies by each edition.

thanks
    Peter

4. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I don't think Peru vs. Sidney has changed. I've been playing since before there were cities, and it feels the same to me.

But while I'm thinking of it: there's a conflict between the multitasking sidebar and the controls. I play with my right thumb, on 13" iPad Pro, so left-swipes naturally start near the right edge. Here's what happens:

1. First left-swipe works fine. The little multitasking arrow appears, but no harm done.

2. Second left-swipe (within a short time before the arrow vanishes) fails. Smack! Dead under a train.

I'm not sure if the size of the 13" Pro makes this more of an issue or not, but that second swipe shouldn't be ignored.

This has been true for months. I try to hold my thumb awkwardly way toward the center, but it hurts—and as soon as I forget and drift back to a natural hand position... smack!

(I also try using a finger, but then you're holding the whole iPad's weight with one hand—super awkward. Thumbs should be usable too.)

5. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #1425 Eoghann, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    The double down feature is simply brilliant. People willingly watching ads to get more in game currency. And you guys knowing not to be predatory and limiting the rewards too much is very smart.

I got a mega jackpot yesterday and doubled down and I'm pretty much set for the next 16 updates or so with new characters and boards. XD

Granted I went through like 100 ads to get it. But at times when my attention is required elsewhere and can't dedicate the time to run for those coins, letting ads run while you do something else is great. Everyone wins I suppose.

6. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Wait, you can get a mega jackpot from the ads boxes?

7. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Sorry, what I meant to say was I bought the 500 coin mystery boxes and when something good came up, I would double down on them by watching ads.

8. CecilMcW00t

Jan 27, 2012
    Oh! Okay, that's what I thought but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. But yeah, the double down feature is amazing.

9. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    #1429 Eoghann, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    I was half hoping a hazmat suit would be among the new seasonal outfits! *ba dum tsss*

Cheap joke aside, new update is great as usual. Looking forward to the new board!

I've been wondering, with a total of 50(!) different characters, is it safe to assume from now on it will be limited to alternate costumes rather than new characters? It's become quite a fun roster over the years!

10. Heads up

I wanted to give a heads up to fellow subway surfers. But first, if this has already been mentioned then...... my bad.

The wordy weekend challenges, where you play with a different character, scams you for keys.... well, at least that happened to me. When you swipe from one character to the next they will sometimes show you that you require 3 keys. When that happens just close Subway surfers app and open it again. Doing that will restart the system I suppose and it in order to go from one character to the next you'll just need to watch a video instead.

Hope this helps, happened to me a while back and I was shocked when I noticed my keys were gone!!!!:eek::eek:

11. ChiroVette

ChiroVette Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Question About Top Runner Award

I am having a lot of trouble getting any real advancement in this reward. I got the Bronze spray can, and am working on Silver.

I have Golds in literally everything else except for Diamond Surfer, and even that one, I am very close. But I cannot seem to make any real progress with beating my friends in Top Run. Even though I have a ton of friends in the game from Facebook, and I am consistently at the top of the Diamond section in Top Run every week.

I am guessing that beating all of the people below me in the Diamond, Gold< Silver, and Bronze sections of Top Run don't count, because maybe they aren't on my friends list or something?

So is there a way I can manually add ALL those people to my friends list so I can speed up this ridiculously SLOW award? Because I can't seem to add all those people to my friends AND I am not getting credit for beating all of them in Top Run.

12. ctrlaltdel

ctrlaltdel Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Dubai
    This is a brilliant game to spend time. I remember when it launched 5 years ago, I spent hours playing it during my lazy summer ;). Still playing time to time when I feel like I have to liven up. Wondering if I could stop the world tour and can play any specific city that I'd like to? Unfortunately auto update of the app already changed the city I liked [Amsterdam :D]

13. CecilMcW00t

Jan 27, 2012
    I'm kicking myself for missing the Amsterdam update. Jolien is cute! =P

14. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    #1434 xxteargodxx, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    EDIT - Just did an iCloud Backup and restored from iCloud and it saved my data! I am so happy :D

Been enjoying playing Subway Surfers again, I love going for the limited time characters & boards. But I just realized something, the game doesn't have any icloud save or save to social media. So..if I delete it to re-download it or change my device if I ever upgrade from my iPad Mini 4 which I'm sure I will.

All that progress I've made will be lost, it really stinks and de-motivates me to play when I think of it. I've e-mailed Kiloo Games customer support to see if they'd be able to transfer data if I ever did switch devices, hoping they respond.

15. ChiroVette

ChiroVette Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Game Keeps Crashing After Latest Update [06/01/17]

Since this morning's update, I can't load the game at all.

When I try loading the game, it gets to the load screen with the little "progress bar" but before the game can fully load up, it crashes back to iOS. I tried closing all background apps and even resetting my device, but nothing. I can't even get into the game now. Oh, and I have an iPad 3, if that helps!

Any idea what's going on here?

16. Adekemi

Adekemi New Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Nurse
    Nigeria
    My money was deducted

My 3 year old son accidentally made a purchase.. I can't afford to pay that amount of money and $7.99 was deducted twice in my account today... Please I need a refund help me please.... Please help me

17. CharPhat

CharPhat New Member

Apr 23, 2018
    Can’t continue runs.

It’s happened twice now, everytime i turn my phone off on the subway surfers app i wake up and it resets automatically. i don’t know what to do to fix this.

Please help.

18. CecilMcW00t

Jan 27, 2012
    About a week ago, I logged onto the game and was greeted by a message saying that cloud saves are available! I was ecstatic! There was a new cloud save option in the settings menu and everything. But, I just noticed yesterday that the option is now gone. Did anyone else see this?

19. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    I seen this too. Loaded up my other device to sync and no option and nothing. Disappointed but fingers crossed

20. Sameedao

Sameedao Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Just need some coaching. The game’s graphic presentation has changed quite a bit with a recent update. Now when I try to win a Mega Jackpot on Tuesdays I am no longer sure how to do so. I used to win at least one and as many as six jackpots each week by purchasing 500-coin Mystery Boxes. I’d usually buy as many as 1,200 boxes each week and was always sure to be rewarded with double 900,000 coin jackpots. But now with the recent major update, when I click on “Check It Out” from the main screen, the game takes me to a confusing page listing many items available to buy, including regular Mystery Boxes. I haven’t won a Mega Jackpot now in the past three months and wonder if I’m doing something wrong, or if Kiloo has simply eliminated the chance to win or if there’s a glitch in the software preventing a Mega Jackpot win. I feel as if I’m wasting time and coins by fruitlessly buying Mystery boxes throughout the day on Tuesdays. Anyone having the same experience and how exactly does one win a Mega Jackpot?