Universal Subway Surfers (By Kiloo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
    #1341 RomeoNevland, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    Top Runner Problem additional info

deleted

2. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
    In addition to the above :

As I found on the internet that all devices should be on the same timezone to be in the same top run league I checked all devices and theay are all on GMT+2 mid european summertime (Amsterdam) as we play the Netherlands

All our weekly top run's are Netherlands but we are seeing different people.

As someone on the internet said that it only counts if you beat a friend that is in your weakly top run league I can not beat my daughers and they can not beat eachother as we are all in different weekly top run leagues although we all play the netherlands and use the same time zone.

As far as I know you only have to beat the weekly score of a friend in that week to get a beat a friend for the top Runner Award.

Should it not be possible for the developers to make sure that everybody you have as a friend at least pops up in your weekly top run league.

I was also just thinking that maybe my defenition of the Top Runner award, beat a friend is not correct, of so could you post the exact defenition of what should be done to beat a friend to get the top runner award.

Hope you can help me.

Kind Regards,

Romeo

3. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
    Anybody any idea on the above??:confused::(

4. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

That is exactly how it should work, you get random challengers, but you always see your friends (if they are active). Could you send me your Facebook IDs over a private message?

5. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
  6. G-Force

G-Force Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    This is a pretty decent game, ( my high score is 500,000 something :D), but I get bored with infinite running games pretty quickly. You should add an ending after you get a certain amount of points, because the player pushes to beat their high score, but what reward do they get? Nothing. I like the game the way it is, but I think you should add an ending or something of that sort. :D

7. Kiloo_Jeppe

They do get to beat their friends, or rank higher on Top Run, though :) That should be what drives players to keep playing, getting better in the global competition or compared to their friends.

8. TaskForceDev

TaskForceDev New Member

Like if your score reaches 1,000,000 you get a $100 visa gift card!

9. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
    $100 for reaching 1.000.000 million points in a game where if you understand the whole game a little bit can get this score easy, where should all the real money come from?

Just play for fun, get the missions to get the 30x, get the jetpack, super sneakers, magnet and X2 upgrades and while you are doing so you will see with every higher multiplier and every extra upgrade you will get a better score easier untill you have them all.
    Then there is the score booster for an extra x5 and if you play on thursday and have the character of that day you can play with an extra x5 for free.

So in total you can play x40 standard max on a thursday and when you pickup the x2 while playing it will be x80, the you see your score really fly.

Add using hoverboards to avoid crashing ending the game and even some keys to revive when you did crash and you should be able to get 10 million.

And then if you want to actually pay a bit of money to just get the double coin, you can do this all much faster and get rid of the annoying adds at the same time.

There are people who have highscores around 100 million that I can confirm are without cheating.
    My high is only just above 17 million and I needed a few pauses to get to that but it took me about 2 hours of actual playing time and using hoverboards ofcourse and the 1 2 4 8 and 16 keys to revive myself.

And the only thing I pay was the 4.49 euro for the double coins and I dont get adds anymore, bringing me back to the where should the real money come from?

Just play and have fun.

10. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
    Jeppe,

Is there a chance that there is going to be some kind of event like wordy weekend that is like or includes the hoverboards that are not standard?

I have all characters now and I know so because I finished the wordy weekend this weekend :), but then I started counting the amount of hoverboards I would have if I bought everything now and I would only have 21, where the board rider award gold requires 34, that would mean I have to wait 13 more cities before being able to complete this award with play money.

Maybe you can think of something like with the characters, maybe combine the event in the weekend with board and characters or split the events and put 1 on saturday and the other on sunday...

Think about it

Cheers

Romeo

11. G-Force

G-Force Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    That is true- The motivation of getting better scores should drive them to push further and get better with respect to their scores :). What if there were certain rewards for getting further in the game? 1,000,000 points, as RomeoNevland said, shouldn't be too difficult if you know all the game patterns and play it a lot, but there could be certain prizes at, say, 2,000,000 points. Maybe there could be an extra unlockable item only to them? I'm not sure if this would work, because some people would get left out, but it's a suggestion. :D

12. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
    #1352 RomeoNevland, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Jeppe,

Is it correct that I can not see more then 201 friends/high score list although I have more on facebook that play subway surfer?, is there a limit set by Kiloo?, or is the server not updating?

Edit to add aditional info :

I just heard on the official subway surfer group on facebook that Kiloo indeed limits the amount of friends.
    Thats annoying but also understandable as you get coins from friends.

But maybe you can then add something that shows how active a friend is so you can delete those that just collect and dont play themselves.

Now I want to join a russia event, I am adding those people to get the beat a friend award but my list is already full..., so I have to start deleting other people.... and that is something I would rather not do ofcourse.

Thinking about this, maybe Kiloo can prioritize the friends list in subway surfer by selecting the friends that match the country selected in subway surfer.
    Next week I am going to play a top run in Russia so I should by priority see all my russian subway surfer friends etc etc...

Hope you find time to respond after the new city is introduced.... famous for its canals I heared... people saying Venice obviously but I hope for Amsterdam, its a capital and is also famous for its canals, and I am dutch :)

13. Kiloo_Jeppe

We are not planning a "boardy" weekend currently.

That is what we have some of the Awards for. You get keys for completing certain tasks like 300000 points without jumping or rolling, or not picking up coins.

That is correct, we set a maximum at 200 in order to reduce memory usage. Some of the older, or lower end devices could have problems with 1000 or 500 friend lists (as they are constantly checked during a run, when beating friends's scores, plus the Top Run scores).

It could be an idea though, to select the friends based on locale. I'll take a note.

14. SymondT

SymondT New Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Freelancer
    Islamabad, Pakistan
  15. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
  16. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hi all,

The new destination on the Subway Surfers World Tour is Venice, where you will run between the famous canals of the old, enchanting city with its gondolas waiting for a romantic trip.

In Venice you can meet Marco the charming boat boy and experience him perform in his special Mask Outfit. Also the update brings the opportunity to surf the tracks on a brand new Board in the form of a Gondola.

In addition, the update includes cool new Awards, where you earn your Trophies by completing Wordy Weekend challenges a specific number of times.

As a last thing for this version, you will earn the Weekly Hunt prizes by picking up carnival masks on the tracks.

I hope, you will enjoy your stay in Venice.

Feedback and questions are welcome, and you can leave it right here.

[​IMG]

17. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
    Just finished some games in Venice, looks great, thank you.

I saw the new award challenge, wordy weekend, still leaves open the chance of a combined character and board challenge so its also possible to collect the 'old' boards from before I started playing to get the ride in style award and just every board there is :)

Keep up the good work and I hope you guys can fix the not being able to see my friends in my own country problem.

Hope to hear from you soon

regards,

Romeo

18. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
    found a bug

Jeppe,

I switched to Russia during last week so this week I play in Russia.
    But yesterday cheking my result for last week playing in the Netherlands I got a diamond in Russia already.
    That would not be a problem if it resulted in not getting any Beat a friend where I beat 3.
    A mirracle because as you are already investigating I did not even see my own daugthers before and am only at 4 beats in total.
    Now in Russia I see a lot more friends but still by far not all and still not my daughter Lotte, I have never seen her in my Top run but I do see my other daughter in top run Russia.

Still hope you tackle this not being able to see friends in same country top run and that you can also find the same bug that I had after switching country that i Already got a medal of next weeks country causing me not to get any beats...

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards,

Romeo

p.s. You have my and my daughters facebook numbers , maybe you can check it that way.

19. Kiloo_Jeppe

Rest assured, Romeo, that the Top Run team is taking a look at the issue. Problem is, this is hard to reproduce, and it requires a lot of digging through the data, and is certainly time consuming.