Universal Subway Surfers (By Kiloo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report! We are already testing the fix for this issue and it will probably be ready for the next update.

2. Kiloo_Jeppe

Arabia Update

Hi guys,

The Surfers have traveled to a new destination on the World Tour and are now grinding trains in magical Arabia. In Arabia you’ll surf through ancient monuments and discover the magnificent treasures and palaces of the Middle East.

Amira, the beautiful dancer, is ready to join your crew together with a dusty new board. You can add a magical touch to Amira by getting her the Genie outfit.

The new update also introduces a cool new event; Wordy Weekend gives you the opportunity to earn extra Super Mystery Boxes during the weekends by spelling the names of different surfers in the Subway.

What would you wish for in the Weekly Hunts? In this update you’ll collect magic lamps on the tracks to earn the coveted prizes.

If you have questions or feedback, feel free to leave it here.

[​IMG]

3. dongha

dongha Member

Mar 11, 2015
    How can I make a thread like this ?

I am a developer, and to introduce my games to user is too difficult. This thread made me so curious. How could I do like that ?

4. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I updated my iPhone to ios 8.3 and can no longer use iFunbox to transfer saves. My epic save file and progress is forever stuck on my iPod Touch now. :(

Is there any progress on some sort of data transfer solution or cloud save for this game? iCloud? Facebook? Please!

This will be my last iDevice too. Definitely switching fully to Android after this.

5. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hey Cecil

It should definitely be possible using iCloud, get in touch with our support team through www.kiloo.com/support and they can help you with that.

6. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I was under the impression that was not possible? Because last time I asked you said the only way to keep a save was through iTunes sync.

Have you implemented a new backup feature for idevices?

7. Kiloo_Jeppe

We haven't implemented a new feature, but nonetheless iCloud a possible solution. Unfortunately, it's not completely bullet proof, but it works for backup in most cases.

8. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Please revert to the old running animation guys. The weird new wobbly, side to side hips and shoulders shenanigans look painful. XD

Plus it's pretty distracting. :)

9. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    I really enjoyed that name collecting event for every individual runner a few days ago, and I hope to see that event again sometime soonish :)

10. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Holy moly I got the mega jackpot! Now if only that could happen to me in real life. XD

11. Sameedao

Sameedao Member

Apr 30, 2015
    #1332 Sameedao, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Some unsolicited constructive comments...

I am a new poster, but a seasoned SS gamer...with 121 million coins saved, 10,227 Keys, 125,000+ HB, and 2.830 mission sets. It's taken me the better part of 2 years to get here. All done the expected way with no hacks or cheats. I'm not sure if there are any that work with an iPad and I'd be afraid to even attempt any.

I have two specific suggestions for Kiloo.

First, in the much-bashed topic of the Top Run spray paint award...I too am one of those legacy players who can't seem to complete the Gold category award because I keep hitting the Diamond category each week, even though I intentionally curtail my runs early. When I see that I've been placed into the gold level, it turns out to be a false hope, because later in the week, scores are adjusted and I end up in the diamond level anyway. Very, very frustrating. Why can't the developers simply change the award to allow scoring in "gold or better" levels? I've thus given up on ever winning those 8 keys. It would make more sense to prematurely end this award rather than continue to stymie so many enthusiasts. This is a case of a great award idea (the Top Run award) becoming flawed due to a subsequent change (the addition of a diamond scoring level) that causes unintended effects.

My only other beef is with the weekly Mega Jackpots. I've won my fair share of them, once landing 9 x 900,000 pots in a single day. But I am older and have more patience. My young niece, only 10, absolutely LOVES SS, but is crestfallen because she cannot win a single jackpot. She spends up to 500,000 coins in vain attempts to win....and always comes up short. Couldn't you guys give your younger, less experienced players a break? C'mon, increase the odds of winning a Mega Jackpot. Say, once every 1,000 MB purchases. You'll keep a whole lot of players soundly attached the game, instead of seeing them wander off elsewhere. Are'nt player loyalty and subscription numbers an important benchmark in any game's success? There has to be a fair trade off between player satisfaction and company financials. You aren't there yet.

You guys have a real winner here; I'd just like you to repair a few nits and make a lot of gamers a lot happier. Thanks for listening, and keep up the great work!

12. Kiloo_Jeppe

Every weekend ;)

Congratulations! I will take a look at the running animations.

Hi Sameedao, thanks for taking the time to put your feedback down in writing. Implementing a "bad luck streak" prevention system for the jackpots is not a bad idea at its core, but rather hard in practical terms. If we just say "if you spend a million you will get a jackpot outside of the random number generation" it can potentially lead to an infinite coin situation by accumulating jackpots. Nevertheless, I will forward this suggestion to the game designer, along with the Gold Surfer feedback.

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #1334 Vovin, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Jeppe, is this game still able to run on a 3GS?
    My 6-y-o loves the game like crazy, but after every game on his 3GS, it's crashing. The character runs into something, but instead of the "continue" pop-up, it crashes to desktop.
    Any idea?

14. jellybeans12345

jellybeans12345 Active Member

May 12, 2015
    vet nurse
    Australia
    Love this game the kids love this game the husband loves this game!! well done to the deve:)lopers!

15. Sameedao

Sameedao Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Some unsolicited constructive comments...follow-on

Thanks, Jeppe, for responding to my suggestions. Very much appreciated. If the jackpots are based on random number tables, that explains some of the rarity of getting one. But it does indeed make winning one a case of pure chance, that tells me that there's no such thing as little in-app tricks, weird ways to touch the display etc. that can accelerate one's chances of winning...as many blog posters have suggested in other websites. That's fair enough, but the odds are still pretty long. Maybe the random number table properties need to be rethought to reduce the number of digits being generated for each table number (example: if the generator is supplying 6 digit numbers. try reducing it to 5).

Oh well, thanks for listening and overall I am very pleased with the game. It's great!

16. Kiloo_Jeppe

L.A. 2015 Update

Hello everybody,

The Subway Surfers World Tour has moved on to Los Angeles. Download the new update to you surf through the marvelous movie sets of Hollywood. Experience the backstage and see if you can recognize items and environments from classic silver screen movies.

Wayne is back in the Subway, and he is ready to show off in his spectacular new Knight Outfit. New challenging Spray Can Awards have also been added where you earn the Awards by reaching specific amounts of points without jumping or rolling. Give it a try and see if you can figure out how to reach the Gold Award :)

As a last thing, you’ll be collecting movie clapboards in the Weekly Hunts to earn great prizes.

As always, feel free to leave questions and feedback right here.

[​IMG]

17. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
  18. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hi Vovin, have you tried with a soft reset?
    I recommend contacting our support team through the site www.kiloo.com/support

19. RomeoNevland

RomeoNevland Member

May 19, 2015
    Top Runner award problem

Hi, I have searched the internet for a sollution before posting here.

I saw that a lot of people have the same problem and only found some remarks that might have been helpfull for some but not for me.

My 2 daughters and I all play SS, have a facebook account only for SS, and are SS friends.
    We can see eachother in the highscores window, poke eachother and collect coins from eachother for runs played.
    So we are connected like we should but we can not see eachother in the weekly top run league Netherlands so we do not beat eachother to get the Top Runner award.

What setting should I change so we can see eachother in the same weekly league so we can beat eachother.
    I play on a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone and they both play on a Samsung Tab 4.

I really hope you have a sollution for this problem as it is the only award that is not in progress, I dont mind how long it takes but the idea that this one will just not work really annoys me.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards,

Romeo

p.s I also would applaud changing the Gold surfer award into Gold or better (diamond) so I can play my best and not cut games short and restart.