Universal Subway Surfers (By Kiloo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    I'm getting multiple freezes on the new iPad. Task bar has been wiped clean and system restarted, no fix. Deleted, reinstalled and tried again after a fresh reboot, no go.

2. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    #62 TomekSzymek, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    I'll give it a try :) I really like runners so it might be sth for me.

@EDIT
    U have to be kidding me... It is unplayable, unfortunetly. It keeps crashing. Every time I click sth it stops and do nothing. I have to close it and start again which doesn't help.

3. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

Hi Panama Chief,

Please try to turn on airplane mode or log out of Gamecenter. We are experiencing problems with Gamecenter that makes the app freeze at startup.

This should solve your problem.

4. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I know it's not a contest, but this game is much better than Temple Run, IMO; the movement is much more dynamic, the annoying tilt control is not present, the graphics and theme are money, and the act/react component makes the game feel more skill-based. In a week with so many good releases, this one manages to stand out and I can see this staying on my iPad and my daughter's iPad for quite some time.

5. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    will do. thank you.

6. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Liking this as a runner, graphics are great. One main niggle for me though is it can get a bit laggy, ie if the graphic from a pick up triggers it can stutter very slightly, not normally a problem in most games but in one like this it does make a difference, has killed me a few times.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For one who has played tons of runner games, this one comes out on the top 10 runner games at least.

It definitely has style, has 2 levels (top of trains and ground) in addition to the left-right maneuvers which gives it a more dynamic experience and a more platformer-y feel. There are lots of missions to complete, stuff to upgrade, and characters to unlock.

Best thing of all, IAP isnt required at all. It will be a hard grind to max everything out, but it is reachable by non-iap ways. Completing missions gives coins and other rewards, and there are of course, in game pickups.

So far what we have here is a fantastic game, with good physics, graphics, sounds, and optional IAP. I can say nothing bad about it.

8. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    This is one of the most addicting games I've played on the IOS in quite some time. I already maxed out everything without using IAPs, but considering how wonderful this game is, I will purchase some just to support the devs.

Keep up the great work! I'm hoping for more characters in the future :]

9. TomekSzymek

Dec 11, 2011
    The reinstall help me fixing all my problems...
    I can truly say that it is the best runner ever. I can't believe that I'm saying this but it is 100% true.
    The jetpack killed me :) There are no 2 levels. There are 3 of them! On trails, on trains and up in the sky. Amazing.

10. extreme4720000

extreme4720000 New Member

May 16, 2012
    I love the game, one future thing to consider would be full character customization and maybe new power ups, but for a start the game is great!

11. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Agree! I Couldn't have said it better. So I'll just quote you. :D

12. TomekSzymek

Dec 11, 2011
    I don't know if it is only me but I do have problems with crashes. Sth should be done about that.

13. TheCurrentGamer

TheCurrentGamer Well-Known Member

Just stopped by to say I am loving this game. My new favorite endless runner.

14. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Two suggestions!

- Once you've unlocked a character, remove that character's items from the mystery box. It's rare enough to pick up a box that when I open it and find another one of Tricky's hats -- and I'm playing with Tricky at the time -- it makes me sad. Well, not really sad. But I think it'd be more fun if you definitely got something useful.

- Remove the requirement that you have to beat a friend's score to pass one of the missions. (I think it's mission eight?) The best advertisement for a word-of-mouth game is making the game good, which you've done. You don't need this kind of Farmville-level stuff, and it makes it a hassle for people like me, who have friends with iPhones but they don't play games.

One bug!

- The store is still bugging out for me in gentle ways. Last night, I had about 8k coins and tried to upgrade something for 3k and it told me I needed 2k more coins. I believe this is because I was up to the 10k upgrade but the store was still showing me the 3k upgrade. I closed the game from the task bar again and it seemed to fix it, but just letting you know.

And a comment!

- The bouncy shoes are really, really bouncy, and I find thats make it difficult to control your character when you're running along the top of trains. (If there were a GC achievement for wearing the bouncy shoes and splatting into the front of the next train because you couldn't control the jump, I would've earned it about thirty times already.) Anybody else finding this an issue?

Still having a lot of fun, though.

Cheers.

15. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA

This is crashing repeatedly on me as well. The screen often freezes once I die. I also sometimes experience slowdowns and screen issues in the middle of a game.

I have a non-jailbreak iPhone 4. I have tried reinstalling and powering off/on.

16. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I second this, I'm loving the game,but the bouncy shoes seem to do more harm than good. I'm not even bothering to upgrade them. Perhaps balancing the bounce height might make them more useful.

17. Bravo Two

Bravo Two Well-Known Member

The developers have planned that tokens can be used for several things in a later update. So the tokens will be something useful.

It's a minor bug that the game doesn't update the visuals properly until you restart the game completely. You won't loose any progress though. The developers know about this as well.

The Super Sneakers can be hard to use sometimes. Since you jump much higher with them, you will go over a longer distance and may sometimes end up hitting a train before you can land to jump away from it. But you can in fact roll (swipe down) during the jump to make the character land immediately. This is one way to control the jump so you can adjust the run accordingly.

18. BlackJacketGames

BlackJacketGames Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Indie developer
    Portlandia
    Game looks great, wish it could run on my 2g iPod.

19. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I got this game and I'm loving it. Surprisingly, I have little issue with the Super Sneakers.
    However...
    It crashes and slows a bunch. Getting a letter shouldn't slow me down.

20. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Swiping down when jumping with those shoes will crash land your char. I didn't realize this at first. Makes a huge difference. So nothing really needs changing it works great. :)