iPhone Suburbia for iPad (City-Building Board Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jmaher, Dec 12, 2013.

1. jmaher

jmaher Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    Keep in mind that we don't have any control over how quickly the Game Center servers send the notifications for invitations, turns, and matches ending. I wish they were always instantaneous, but unfortunately that is not the case.

2. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    @jmaher, thanks for stopping by and a quick question: are you ever going to get around to turning off the prompt that asks me to pass the ipad to an AI player when i'm in Local Mode and ONLY playing AI characters? for me at least, it interrupts the flow of the game, if you will, as i first have to mentally pause my game, then a "this is stupid" thought comes into my head, then I have to make the motion to tap OK, THEN play resumes. are there plans in the next update to do away with that interruption? thanks!

3. jmaher

jmaher Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    We plan on including an option to disable the Pass screen between Human and Computer turns in Local games in our next update, which is undergoing testing now.

Some players may still want to keep it enabled, especially if there are multiple humans and the device needs to be placed where everyone can see the Computer take a turn, or even if a single human player needs to set down or lock his device temporarily after his turn, but doesn't want to miss seeing the Computer.

4. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    perfect, thanks!

5. jmaher

jmaher Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    The Suburbia for iPad version 1.1 update is Now Available on the App Store:
    http://bit.ly/1j0G5gt

Highlights of this update:
    • New Olympic-themed Salt Lake City and Atlanta Single Player Campaign Cities
    • New Computer Opponent: Dale the Unpredictable Computer
    • New Option - "Show Pass Screen for Comp Turns" - to disable the screen shown between Human and Computer turns during Local games

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Nice update, Thanks for all the hard work. This is one of my favorite iOS board games.

7. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Any impressions of the new update? This game is on my before buying wait and see if they fix it list.

8. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    I know nothing, nothing!

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Me too. Suburbia looked intriguing but the conplaints of bugs made me hold off. Are those fixed?

10. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #110 Mack the Knife, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    HELP! :eek:

i'm trying to get my head around this and already hit a snag. i had 2 bucks and could not buy anything. what do i do? how do i pass? do i have to play the investment marker? i stil have to pay the cost of the tile I out the marker on, right? what if i can't? what if i were out of the markers? thanks for any help, can't seem to find an answer in the rules?

11. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    You can turn tiles into lakes for free if the are last two spots on far right of the market. You might be able to turn the suburbs etc into lakes too. You place the tile as normal and an icon will appear so you can flip it over and turn it into a lake

12. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    I didn't quite understand "if the are last two spots". So I can drag tiles on far right 2 slots down, regardless of cost, and once they are in place flip them to a lake? So I have to do something, right? And, I guess, I can always make a lake, correct? And thanks!

13. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Yup you've always got to make a move I think, but you can always make a lake. The reason I said to pick the last two spots is because you have to pay the market more the further a tile is to the left. The last two spots cost nothing extra. You don't pay the cost written on the tile, just the markets cost.

14. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    Thanks! And one last one if you don't mind. When I'm playing the AI and I switch to his borough I can't see his money or reputation or where he is on that " red line" population track. Is that normal? I not supposed to see his stats/progress?

15. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I dunno man, I only play multiplayer and I can see that info on his screen and at the bottom left on mine

16. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    I see it now, lower left. And it only displays across the top (like mine) when its the AI's turn..ok, moving on

17. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    The game still freezes when I am asked to discard a tile during online play. Some online play still feature the buttons "Main Menu", etc when I take my turn.

18. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #118 Mack the Knife, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    @jmaher

if you're still there curious why i can't see the AI's info bar, the one at the very top showing money, reputation, population, red bar "chart" etc when it's my turn. when i play only the AI (me and 1 AI), during my turn when i switch over to view his borough, the top of the screen is solid color. BUT, when play switches to the AI all the information is displayed. i can always see the numbers in that little display on the bottom left, but why can't i see it the display across the top when it's my turn and i switch over to view his stuff? this by design? thanks...

19. jmaher

jmaher Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    This is by design. You only ever see the active player's stats at the top of the screen. In online games, this always means your own stats. In local games, if it's the computer's turn, then you see its stats.

20. FivepastTA

FivepastTA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Picked up on sale and the game crashed partway through the tutorial. Not very encouraging!