iPhone Suburbia for iPad (City-Building Board Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jmaher, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Step 1) Go to the game's website, suburbiagame.com.

Step 2) Click on the big Facebook link to reach the page with all the update notes and discussions (I've even provided the link so that you can skip the first step entirely; you're welcome).

That's not "convoluted" by any stretch of the imagination, not unless you're one of the laziest people on the face of the planet. Less than ten seconds to get from initial search to update notes, and certainly far less time than it takes to post a hugely misinformed (and week-late) rant about how the developers don't care and aren't communicating.

2. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    appletini, why don't you just stow it? just because you and your irksome snobbery located some info (and f__k facebook by the way) doesn't mean it's by the most practical method for the rest of us. you and your arrogance are such that i haven't given a shit about what you say on this forum for a long time.

3. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Actually, if we are being pedantic, the link says "Like Us on Facebook".

I don't use Facebook and I don't want to like them. I just wanted info :p

Maybe it should say "See Latest news & info on Facebook and like us if you want" :)

But anyway let's stop bickering. Maybe one day, if it works, we can have a game together!? :)

4. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    If it bothers you but not appletini then clearly there is something wrong with you.

5. jmaher

jmaher Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    The next update should be available soon (as in the next week or so), and will be all bug fixes, including a fix for the widely reported "missing tiles" issue.

6. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Fingers crossed, mate. I hate when a good game wasted by poor implementation.

I would suggest a "game list" button after you finish a turn and the online play should start with games in progress, rather than the list of GC friends (and provides no idea who has the game, who has not)

7. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    so, another long wait before we can stop having to acknowledge it's the AI's turn? [​IMG]

8. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    In case anyone, the patch is just available for download...

9. thedemographic

thedemographic Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I've been waiting for the multiplayer fix before buying. Would love to hear impressions on the update.

10. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Just updated. Still cannot see the game when it is another player's turn. Good grief, why is this feature not available?

11. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    Originally, they were going to include feature enhancements like that one in this update, but they scaled the update back to focus on bug fixes for the multiplayer games, presumably to get the update out sooner.

12. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Yup, especially the non-campaign UI.

Anyway, up for a game?

13. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #93 Ubisububi, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    His issue wasn't so much with the game, but with Appletini's adversarial and condescending style. Ya gotta admit, Apple sure is quick to come off the bench when anybody disagrees her. And it's not that she simply offers a counter-point; she goes after the poster with insults, vitriol, and name calling. Which, by the way, does nothing but make people less inclined to participate. Frankly, I wonder why bullies aren't reined in on this board a bit more.

14. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    the prick's a chick? [​IMG]

15. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah I got into it with her over playdeks card game, tanto something. Her tone in that conversation was very similar to her post on this thread. God forbid you have an opinion other then hers.

16. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #96 klink, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    Come on people, nut up or shut up. :)

17. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

OK so I finally dived in on this. Just doing the single player campaign to get my head around the rules and yes it's really a great game. Everything fits together thematically and it immediately makes sense in theory. Some of the knock on effects are still confusing me (getting negative rep when the tile I am placing didn't mention it would affect rep at all) but this is where other tiles I already placed are affecting it back through various connections I guess.

The campaign does a good job of teaching you to keep it all fairly balanced, with more or less emphasis on certain aspects for the win, but always a solid build up focussing on cash in the early game. I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it all.

Will definitely be sinking tons of time into this!

I wish those MMO "games" had this sort of depth of strategy within a persistent world but I suppose for most people this would be like asking them to walk on a tightrope whilst cooking dinner.

18. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Jacob -

There are still major issues with your implementation. In a game just completed with the final scores shown, my last move to build my fifth lake to tie for the bonus, was never computed by the game. In fact, the tile I used is back on the rack, somehow, as if the game simply took back my move.

This is crappy way for a game to end.

This thing was never ready for prone time, still isn't. I wish I could get my money back.

19. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    #99 amn624, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    Jacob -

On personal goals, I was tied for least investors with zero and neither of us got the bonus, which is correct but pathetic.

I can't get minus investors, so the best I can possibly do is get zero for which I have no possibility of getting the bonus if another player draws the bonus and does nothing. That is horrible, simply horrible.

I know rules are not your problem but wow. That stings.

20. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    #100 amn624, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    Oh wait, there's more. The players all just received notifications "Suburbia: Game Over," a day after the game ended. Hilarious.

And....if that was not enough...if I had not checked before on the final positions and score, I wouldn't be able to now since the game result has been entirely removed. Good freaking grief. That's so wrong.