Universal Submerged: Miku and the Sunken City (By Uppercut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I'd love to see some iPad Air 2 gameplay footage please.

2. #82 AppUnwrapper, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    I chose to play on my 6S bc the game crashes for me when I try to make a postcard on my Air 2. Uppercut's aware of it, but I see I'm still having the same problem after the update. Otherwise I don't notice a performance difference between that and my 6S.

I can take some video in a bit. I actually was just messing around with it and found a cool building I hadn't been to yet on my 6S.

Edit: Got some video uploading. I actually prefer it a lot more on my iPad. Easier to control and less dizzying. I may wait until the postcard crashing is fixed and then catch up on my iPad, abandoning my iPhone game.

Edit 2: Here ya go:

3. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    I bought the game a few days ago - A few moments after I tapped the Buy button I saw in the description that it would only be compatible with Air 2 upwards. I'd literally wanted to kick myself in the butt but guess what, the game runs perfectly on my Air 1. I didn't have a single stutter or other issue - It runs as optimized for my device. No idea, maybe I'm just lucky - Great exploration game.

4. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Fantastic! Thank you so much. :)

5. DJEmergency

DJEmergency Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    USA
    I was about to buy this but seeing how there's no MFi game pad support (including that the developers are ignoring that question a lot) it's a no go for me. Good luck with the game.

6. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    The developer has been avoiding to answer if they are gonna add in MFI support with later update which make this game seems a bit shady

There's no way a normal development team wouldn't add mfi support for games like this especially they have came this far so there must be stuffs that they don't want us to know

7. UppercutEd

UppercutEd Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    You have to understand that game development costs money. Every feature costs us time and money, as developers, to put in the game. So we have to run calculations on whether we think a feature is worth it. Currently, the install base for people who have controllers for their iOS devices is a tiny fraction of the overall iOS audience. So we do the math: will the cost of adding this feature be recouped? In the case of controller support, currently we don't think so. That doesn't preclude us from adding it in a future update if the variables change.

And by the way, we're game developers, not evil geniuses. If we're not answering your questions fast enough, it's not because we're shady. More likely it's because we're a team of 6 people with families and lives outside of work. We appreciate your patience.

8. UppercutEd

Jul 11, 2011
    Funnily enough, we are hearing this a lot - many people playing on the Air 1 saying it runs fine.

We DID test the hell out of it, tho, and got performance drops we didn't like on the Air 1, hence it not being supported. Your mileage may (and obviously does) vary!

9. Bison Eye

Bison Eye Active Member

Jun 29, 2015
    This game is seriously beautiful. If you play games just to kill, kill, kill, stay away. If you have the maturity and attention span to value getting lost in someone else's imagined world, snap it up. It's a game that aspires to be novelistic in an age of tweets. It could use a couple tweaks, like an option to adjust the control sensitivity, a zoom on the map, and maybe a way to interact with the wildlife, but beyond that it's nearly perfect. I wish there were more like it.

10. UppercutEd

Jul 11, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words!

You can tweak the sensitivity in the Options menu. Give ithat a try and let me know how it goes.

Unfortunately, zooming on the map is actually a lot of work.

11. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Is there any plans to port to Android? Although I play games on iOS and Android, Android is my first choice to buy big games on. If you are looking to do so and want testers I have a number of Android devices and would happily test on them.

12. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    No it is another premium and iOS exclusive game. Android just Freemium, That's all.

13. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    To "celebrate" the successful install of iOS 10 giving my iPad Air 2 a new fresh new feel, I bought the game.
    And I must say: job well done, Uppercut Games! Very enjoyable and absolutely zero issues with the controls as I got used to them very quickly.
    It's a shame it doesn't run on the native iPad's native resolution though. Would you guys at least consider an FSAA solution to battle the jaggies a bit? :)

14. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    Now persistently crashing to homescreen on my 6 plus since installing iOS 10. Recently started again and can't reach the top of the first chest building or check any scrap book without consistent crash. :(

Tried clearing out multitasking and complete reboot to no avail.

15. UppercutEd

Jul 11, 2011
    Hi Funem, no we don't have any Android plans at this time. We're basically waiting for some features in Unreal, but it's also difficult to make money on Android as a premium game. Sorry about that.

16. UppercutEd

Jul 11, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words!

We experimented with a bunch of different options for rendering on the Air 2, and what you have is the best balance of performance vs looks. So yeah, probably not going look any better than it does already, sorry.

17. UppercutEd

Jul 11, 2011
    #97 UppercutEd, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    Hi Dalglir, thanks for posting. That's not something we've been able to reproduce, so we'll have to look into it some more.

Out of curiosity, do you have a lot of Apps installed on your device? Every one of them has a big icon that gets stored in RAM, and they can add up. (not saying that memory is the problem, but it's one avenue for us to pursue).

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #98 currymutton, Sep 15, 2016
    Why 2.5 stars?

I mean, I read through the threads and it does not deserve this...

Disclaimer: still not bought it for some reason...actually same as Leap of Faith...

19. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    I do have a lot of apps installed, including games. It's a 64Gb device with about 12Gb free.

20. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #100 italodance, Sep 15, 2016
    Wow Thank you dear Dev finally a wise Dev to ignore useless Hangroid. Besides please would you add MFi support To the game? I wanna use my Nimbus on my iPad Pro 12.9". Tnx