iPad Submarine 2 - new game for iPhone/iTouch

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by aoleynik, Apr 8, 2009.

1. aoleynik

aoleynik Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    #1 aoleynik, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009

Attached Files:

2. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Doesnt look too great, maybe a video?

anyone TOFTT?

3. aoleynik

Apr 8, 2009
    Why "O L M O B" changes to ***** ???

4. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Weird.. I think it looks better than any of the other copter games.

5. aoleynik

Apr 8, 2009
    Thanks! This is my first game! :) Also after that I have created two little games for iPhone... But this is the first I like it best of all...

6. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    How long did it take you to make this game?
    Did you update the touch controls?

Found this review: http://gamedroid.net/2009/03/submarine-iphone-review/

"Features:
    -15 game levels
    -Cute graphics

Pros:
    -Great casual game
    -Good graphics
    -The controls are well calibrated
    -A lot of features coming in the future update

Cons:
    -The touch controls are very annoying and could use some work"

7. aoleynik

Apr 8, 2009
    I didn't work with touch controls, because I have added 3 game modes, enemy submarines, fire torpedoes, enemy torpedoes toureles, speed control and many other new features. Also Accelerometer control is much better for this game in all game modes, because it's to hard to fire and control by touch at the same time. In this version I have changed touch control, and it become better! But I will change it totally in the next versions. I see this review first time and I didn't know, that touch control can be a problem, because all people that I know and all my friends play this game with accelerometer because it's much more funny... So I'll rebuild it in the next versions, if it has a problems...
    Thanks for review! ...

P.S. This is review is for version 1.0.2. After that 2.0.0 was released and then 2.0.2 was released. Also now 2.0.3 in on the review in Apple.

8. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Looking at the video, I have to admit that the game looks very good. Nice work! At the end of each level, do you fight an underwater boss or do you simply move to the next level?

9. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I agree that accelerometer is better. I am surprised how many people prefer touch control for their games.
    FYI Touch vs Motion Poll:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=1222

10. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I think it depends on the game really, and in this case as with many shooters, accelerometer would be the better choice.

11. DaveMc99

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  12. aoleynik

Apr 8, 2009
    No, now we haven't underwater boss at the end of each level. We have only big floating banner "Level 2", that can damage you... So, if you don't damage with it, you will simply move to the next level.

Also I have tried to play with touch control in the Classic game mode, and touch control is good, as for me...

13. Jovanni

Jovanni New Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Excellent game play, awsome graphics a must have for anyone looking for a great app!

14. It's definitely better than it looks. in-game objects are pre-rendered 3D, but they feature some smooth animation, which is nice. The sub designs almost remind me of cheesy 60s sci-fi flicks.

The standard gameplay is sort of an undersea version of Cave/iCopter/etc. with obstacles and pickups (just cash for score), while the Neo game mode turns it into more of a Scramble-style game, which is cool; you get weapons now, and an additional pickup for more torpedoes. The accelerometer control needs a slight bit more smoothing to even out the ship's slightly shaky movements -- it doesn't effect gameplay any, it just looks a little like your sub has a mild case of Parkinson's sometimes.

Speaking of accelerometer control, I tend to prefer it in this game. Touch control is okay for the normal game mode if you want more of that iCopter feel, but forget it in Neo mode; you'll need to keep your fingers on the fire buttons here, so accelerometer is the way to go.

15. aoleynik

Apr 8, 2009
    Thank you!

16. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    #17 rpb1975, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
    I picked up this game, and I must say that it blew away my expectations. The accelerometer controls are spot on, and you can adjust the sensitivity to you liking (most games are missing that in their first release). The animation is the most fluid and slow and the gameplay modes are fantastic. I would recommend this to anyone over any of the copter games out there right now. This plays and feels better than any of the competitors.

By the way, the controls do take just a little to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, you will have a blast! Great Game!

EDIT: By the way, the game is no longer Submarine 2....it is just Submarine. Can someone please change the first post and the title of the thread? Thanks!

17. aoleynik

Apr 8, 2009
    Thank you very much!
    This is not Submarine 2, It's Submarine v2.0.0
    Unfortunately I can't change Thread title.

18. iPodGamer

iPodGamer New Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Game is VERY good! Thanks for it!

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Think I'll try it...