Universal Subdivision Infinity (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, May 24, 2017.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    That's very kind of you.
    I humbly admit that I do strive to be a smart consumer and get the best value for my money when I can.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Much appreciated! #

2. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    THIS! Special opponents in the hunt missions need to have their own indicator on the radar. This is a must!

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    its on the list of things upcoming for sure :)

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Agree with the earlier post about replaying missions. I finished and found the blueprints to craft the Supernova X. Not much to do other than wait for new missions which is killing me as I want to play.

5. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    I haven't beaten the game yet. It's disappointing to hear there isn't already an option to play through the story again with my new ships and weapons. Hopefully an update will fix that! Also, would it be possible to change it so that we can also collect crates by shooting them? That would makes things a lot less frustrating. Sometimes the crates spawn in very inconvenient, or very far away places.

6. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Some mad mission dipesign again. I'm alone against swarms of Kobra Squad. The guy who thinks its fun is crazy. Looks like the game forcing me to grind.

7. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    I gave my 5 stars rating in the French app store.

8. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Yeah I agree, especially since shields don't auto-regenerate, and you need to destroy ships to get the cubes to regen the shields. Too many ships makes it difficult. On top of that, it doesn't seem like maneuvers will avoid their fire - seems like only accelerating will do that.

9. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    I beat the game with the Polaris ship. I've unlocked the Supernova X, but I have nothing to do with it now. Really need to be able to play through the story again with my shiny new Supernova X.

10. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015

I've now played enough of this to comment on it. It's terrific and is just as addictive as galaxy on fire 2. I love the ship types and customization options. The incentive to get "just one more mission" is definitely there.

11. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    #171 Chq, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    While playing "Free Hunt" there seems to be a bug because of the "New Elite Enemy" field. While visible, it is impossible to control the direction of the own ship.

Another point are graphicbugs while watching the ship "Supernova" close at low level from frontview.

Nevertheless a fantastic game!

12. CleverRobot

CleverRobot New Member

Jun 12, 2017
    #172 CleverRobot, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Love this game! Struggling to find the last of the Supernova X blueprints though, on the Exploration level containing 4 fragments.

I typically find them easily, but I've probably been circling the map for the last piece for half an hour or so, which leads me to believe it might be stashed somewhere hidden.

Any hints would be gratefully received :D

EDIT: Panic over! The last bit of the blueprint was hiding in one of the docking ports in the upper ring of the large structure to the left of the portal as you exit.

13. CleverRobot

CleverRobot New Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Hey. So I'm interested in what your roadmap looks like. I get that lots of new ideas aren't helpful beyond a certain point, but that said, I have a bunch of thoughts. Are you interested in feedback at this point?

Still loving the game though :)

14. nslobodin

nslobodin Member

May 24, 2017
    We're certainly interested in any feedback you have :)

As for now, we're working on an update that includes lots of minor fixes. It will be available very soon. And also working on the Android release.

15. CleverRobot

CleverRobot New Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Great, I'll look forward to seeing the update land! In terms of my thoughts…

1. To echo things others have said, Hunts definitely needs to be longer.
    2. Some form of classification on enemy HUD indicators so you can tell small ships from big ships.
    3. While exploring, some kind of proximity indicator to tell you whether you're moving in the right direction relative to the thing you're looking for. I found most of the blue prints relatively easily but that last Supernova X blueprint fragment had me floating around space for at least an hour (more fool me :D )
    4. Some of the other posters have talked about reducing the grindy-ness of the game. I actually thought the pricing an resource requirements were pretty well balanced. I don't know that I'd change them significantly.
    5. Given that there are more levels being developed, I'm not sure what the ship/weapon upgrade pathway looks like. I already have the most powerful weapons in-game, so is the intention to simply add more, or are there likely to be new ways to upgrade existing weapons for example?
    6. On that subject, the two missile weapons, I feel like they are somewhat overpowered. On the hunting missions, I'll fire off a volley and the first couple of missiles finish off the larger craft. The rest just spin off into the distance. I feel like an appropriate upgrade might be to allow the missiles to retarget enemy craft once their primary is dead…
    7. As an expansion, what if that were a sensor upgrade in a different set of utility slots. So you could buy a sensor upgrade, or more cargo space… That might be a way of augmenting sensor HUD indicators perhaps: the current setup is the default, or you can upgrade for more detail on your targets. A prospecting sensor which increases the likelihood that you're tapping the right asteroid for the resources you want.
    8. The mining laser looks pretty heavy duty as a weapon in its self, so is there any reason why you wouldn't just make that a mountable weapon slot with it's own trigger button as per the missile launcher? So, not planning on mining, swap your mining laser for a third cannon. Or, want to chew through mining even faster, mount three lasers.
    9. At the moment, the mining levels seem like they are tagged on. I'm not sure why I can't just mine as and when I want in the regular levels (aside from the waves of baddies of course ;) ), nor why the mining levels don't behave more like the exploration levels with enemy waves. I think what I'm hankering for is a more open-play mode where I can wonder around, fight baddies, mine resources, search for and salvage tech from dead craft.
    10. The bulk of the mineable resources also feel like they are a pure money-making mechanism, waiting for a more powerful feature. Is the intention to make more of this in the future, more granular crafting perhaps. If you've got the raw materials, you might forge more armour…

I'm conscious that lots of that feels like it's building in the direction of a much bigger game which may well not be what you want Subdivision to be.

Anyway, great game. Good balance for someone like me who only has a bit of time for casual gaming, but still wants to fly a spaceship and shoot baddies :D

Great work!

16. nslobodin

nslobodin Member

May 24, 2017
    Many thanks for the feedback! :) Some of the stuff already here and will be in the next update.

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Alright - update should be live now :)

18. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I actually don't mind the short hunts. For me it has turned into a person high score kinda thing. How many large enemy ships can I take down in one run

19. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Hopefull theres cloud save. Uninstalled after finishing the story:(

20. elekchron

elekchron Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Has anyone played on an iPad mini?

Or I should say; is it playable