Universal Subdivision Infinity (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, May 24, 2017.

1. nslobodin

nslobodin Member

May 24, 2017
    Yes, they are all present in game. On which map you can't find the blueprint? Map with 5 blueprints, or the one with 4? I could give a hint.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I have finally got a chance to play this game some
    And it's so fun
    Love the controls once I got used to them
    This is a game I can spend lots of time on
    Not really in a hurry to unlock everything this is one to take time with and enjoy

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Think two Purifiers are better than a Purifier and LG-400?

Right now I have fully upgraded Purifier, LG-400, and Swarm FX.

What combos are people liking?

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #104 Nullzone, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Purifier shoots a lot faster and does almost as much damage than the LRG-400, so yes: better weapon in my book.
    Best combo is 2x Singularity and Swarm-FX, if a tad overkill ;)
    Before that I used the LRG-400 and a Purifier. The Plasma Proton Cannon wasn't worth it, waste of money.

5. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm missing the final one in the map with 4 blueprints. A hint would be great, thanks.

6. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I found them all. I couldn't tell you exactly where they all were but a good hint I think is once you enter the exploration area head to your right until you find the first. Now head in a circle to your left and you can usually run into them all that way. I think the most difficult one I found was in between some large space structures.

7. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Just finished the missions in the first system. Combat and mining feel awesome.

Is there going to be trading later? If so, BOOM, GoF2. If not, I strongly encourage the dev to add trading. I would happily have it be a paid expansion or unlock.

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    2xsupernova?

After some moderately gruesome grinding, I've now got two reasonably upgraded singularities and one maxed swarm fx on a supernova. Which is great but, tbh, il finding the grinding more fun (and more rewarding) than game missions :eek:

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Oops, you're right. It's Singularity, not Supernova.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ah!

Also - on what basis did you discard the blaster(s)?

Multiplying damage by rate gave (iirc) a max damage that was sth like double the weapon below it - mid-40,000s vs (iirc) about 24 (or 36?) for the one below it.

I consistently found the "better" weapons to be better; and never noticed much impact from rate. So am interested by what I'm missing.

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Quoad: I threw the blasters (Purifier and LRG you mean, I assume?) out because the bigger damage number on the Singularity looked so much better ;) Was too lazy to do the Damage x RoF math...
    And yes, Rate of Fire does make a difference. Compare the constant streams of fiery doom from the Purifier to the Proton Cannon's slow shots.
    However, you can also see that e.g. Singularity does what it says on the tin: lots of hurt per shot. Double Sing one-shots even the Fighters in Atria's Gate Hunt.

Coolest looking shots award goes to the Quantum MG ;)

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #112 Quoad, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    I meant the proton cannon (it and the plasma cannon are described as blasters), whose dps really is hugely bigger than the gun it succeeds. Looking back, though, I can see that I misinterpreted your comment about the plasma cannon.

Have just completed the last story mission. Not bothered about exploration missions. Or mining.

Have had a pretty mad two days of it, but this is now feeling pretty played out!

Edit: if only Mordheim were more interesting! Could do with a new distraction. Prison architect, perhaps. (I have been a prisons researcher, so this is probably basically work :hmm: )

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Quoad: Actually, that was more gut feeling that made me dismiss the Proton Cannon (correct name this time). For whatever reason, it seemed to me that the Purifier did way more damage. Best guess: Due to the Proton's low RoF, I felt each miss harder. Who cares if 5 of 500 shots miss? 5 of 50, on the other hand...

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Update submitted!

15. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Anyone else playing with the sensitivity at 0? I find it impossible to keep the reticle centered....the amount of overcorrection back and forth is crazy. Even a 0 sensitivity I can barely keep the guns aimed for more than a quarter second.

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I play always at 100 sensativity so I'm probably not going to be of much help here...

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I usually have similar problems, but not here. I play at ~75 sensitivity, works fine. Do you play on an iPhone or iPad? I can imagine that on the smaller phone screen things would be more twitchy (for lack of a better word).

18. I have mine not at 0, but around 25-30%. It's not easy to find that perfect balance where I can move quickly when needed but still aim well.

19. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I just started today and played my first mining level a bit ago. I'm really enjoying it, but was a bit disappointed in the mining. I was hoping for the ability to shoot apart the asteroids, instead of essentially sitting in place while the beam animation played and the RNG decided what I get. The asteroids don't even explode when you finish mining them, they just can't be mined again.

Not giving up though. I am having fun.

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Upon reaching level 12, which would you buy first..... the Supernova (currently have Polaris) or Singularity?