Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, May 24, 2017.
No IAP Cloudsave I don't know, since I don't use that.
Question: Do better ships give better mining results?
Question: Do the higher level ships like the Tornado and Polaris yield better mining results, i.e. do you get more high-grade materials with them?
Cause if not, I see no reason to upgrade anything past the SFC Evolution for mining. That one has the best cargo space so far with 45 slots (fully upgraded from 35 base) and gives pretty good mining rewards.
It has iCloud support for saves
Evolution is the best for mining.
Wow, looks like this could be my next space game after Galaxy on Fire 3 was dead in the water.
Yeah, I beat mission 4 and I'm at mission 5 too. It's tricky that you dont just have the enemy ships to contend with, you also have to avoid collision with the complex environments. I'll have to leave it until tonight to get back into it though.
I did some grinding last night and went straight for the Supernova. So far it feels pretty good.
The exclusive ships (the ones where you have to find blueprints) feel very underpowered considering the effort you have to put in to obtain them. You would think they would have some special features, but they are pretty much the same as the regular ships that you can already buy at that stage.
I really love the controls. The way the ship moves is super satisfying. It almost does like an E brake slide. Great stuff.
Loving everything and every aspect about this game, but I think I suck.
I'm fully upgraded with the starting ship and switching off between a fully upgraded LQ Blaster and fully upgraded LRG-400....level 7.
I also have 9 of the 16 blueprints needed to craft the first craftable ship and $13,000 in cash.
Can't get past the last mission on in the 2nd world.
Any suggestions that haven't already been posted?
If you are near to completing the second world, I think you will need to buy a better ship at this point. The shields are very weak on the starting ship, even when fully upgraded. I would suggest playing the Free Hunt missions in Alpha Tyche for a while to earn a bit more cash for a new ship.
OK thanks, had a feeling.
Off to grind!
nice game, but i feel like the controls are a little too sensitive. Wish you can adjust it
@jpgold: Respect you duked it out so far with the basic ship. I bought the SFC Evolution and fully upgraded it before I even completed the first world.
As you are level 7 already:
Buy the Evolution, and upgrade its Mining and Cargo to full. Mine till you got enough cash to buy the following:
Ship: Tornado, the Swarm-FX Missile Launcher, 2x Purifier Railgun.
If you aren't level 8 by then, play those Alpha Tyche Hunts till you hit it and unlock the above stuff.
Don't bother with upgrading Mining and Cargo on the Tornado, just upgrade Shields and Engine to full. Also fully upgrade the above weapons, Railguns first, then Launcher.
That should get you right through story missions to level 12 (might need some Hunt grind), where you can buy the Supernova ship and 2x Singularity weapon.
Even un-upgraded, the Tornado/Swarm/Purifier combo makes the Tyche Hunts a cakewalk, no biggie then to replay those to get all the upgrade crates you need.
I stumbled on that too. Josh then pointed out that you can adjust them, but only in the pause menu when you are flying an actual mission (or go mining, I think).
yep you can adjust them in the pause menu - but we will add that to the main menu as well.
a lot of people missed that one. its on our list for sure
@JoshCM: So, after just completing the game, here are my suggestions to streamline things and make them less grindy:
- Halve the credit prices on everything: Ships, Weapons, Upgrades.
- At least halve the crate costs for weapon upgrades, maybe even cut them by 75% . The grind for crates was the most annoying part.
- Seriously revamp the special ships you need to craft instead of buy, to turn them into a valid alternative to buying ships; currently they are not worth the trouble. The SS-Vertex should be equivalent to the RS-109, the Tornado-X equivalent to the Polaris. That the Supernova-X is the best ship around: no biggie, can stay as it is.
- Do something with the blueprints searches: those are annoying as hell. As much as I want the Supernova-X, I can't get myself to hunt for the blueprints. Add a ping at intervals that shows you the position of the nearest blueprint for a few seconds, something like that.
Currently it's a good game with some wasted potential and not enough streamlining. All of the above could have been caught during some basic playtesting. Where your testers asleep at the wheel, or what?
Oh, and do you have a rough ETA for the Outpost Hano-16 content already? Anything else after that?
P.S.: Got the space itch now re-downloaded Stellar Wanderer, will give that one another twirl.
So, can anyone please tell me if this game is difficult or not? Thanks (I dont want to get it if it's too easy)
Thanks Bleb....really appreciate all that.
So the "grind" wasn't even that bad. I went from $13k to $71k in a 30 min train ride.
So here's the next question...do I by the RS-109 now, or grind for a bit more and get the Tornado?
Moderately difficult, I'd say. I'm not that good at shooters, and some missions were really challenging. But overall it wasn't "throw the iPad out the window" difficult
Congrats! As I wrote above, personally I recommend the Tornado. But it comes down to personal preference between the two: RS-109 is a bit faster, Tornado has a bit more shields.
Great game guys, got some suggestions --
1. Plans for any kind of multiplayer? If you need to monetize it you could use exclusive crates that would randomly show up in exploration as random elite units which when killed drop them or those same elite units randomly showing up in hunts -- or just selling the crates which can be used to enter multiplayer battlefields. Or players could just wait for the multiplayer energy bar to fill up over time.
Multiplayer would offer expedited experience gain, crates, and a more challenging battle space. Maybe even ranked battles, exclusive multiplayer ships, and multiplayer weapons.
2. I agree with another poster about a better system for crate hunting - something similar to a cooldown button for hot/cold in terms of distance and direction.
More random spawns during crate hunting would also liven up the mood. And/or defense systems on structures that fight back if you get too close, and you need to disable them to fully explore a structure for crates.
3. Finally, I concur with being able to play your own music or podcasts. The game is a grind and it would be nice to play it in the background while we are listening to something else.
I've only played through the first boss but I've already really gotten into this game. Whether you take my suggestions or not, good job CM!