Universal Subdivision Infinity (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, May 24, 2017.

1. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Bought!

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Same here, obviously. Lol:cool:

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    this looks great! as always, big respect to CM for staying premium - seriously -

This is probably what GOF3 should be. and my one big complaint from the gorgeous CM games, that they make huge worlds that feel mostly empty, will be fine because of the mission structure incorporated.

Question: Can we paint the ships, and do our upgrades/ installed weapons show on the hull?

4. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Any date for Android version?

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Is there a point where you get a lot of currency? Don't see how I'm going to get up to the $70k needed for the next ship!

6. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    This app is not music player friendly. You can't play your own music in the background. Please fix it.

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Wow this is good. It also plays like a f2p title but its premium. I mean that as a compliment. It's just fun and has iap!

8. nslobodin

nslobodin Member

May 24, 2017
    Bonuses for location completion give quite a lot of money. You can also get money in Free Hunt and Mining.

9. nslobodin

nslobodin Member

May 24, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback. Will fix that.

10. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Holy shit! Looks extremely polished + fully premium + good impressions here.. => Instabuy for me. Can't wait to try this out later!

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    you can also sell your old ship for more money.

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

A certain someone has been tweeting about this game all day =p Didn't realize it was out already. I'll pick it up when I get home.

13. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I find that Free Hunt in the starting region (Alpha Tyche) earns pretty decent currency. It doesn’t take too long before you can afford the $70k - $80k ships.

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Seconding that. Plus, even more important, I get a good amount of boxes for weapons upgrades from it - highest so far was 23.
    And I assume that later systems give more money to make things go smoother and less grindy. But even with only Alpha Tyche Hunt (I'm currently at the last stage of the second system), I must have spend close to 200k on a new ship (the 23k one) and a lot of upgrades. So, buying the 70-80k ships shouldn't be a problem at all.

Some tips:
    - Upgrade the mining laser first, it makes getting cash from mining a lot easier.
    - After that I went with cargo, then shield and engine.
    - Save up cash and boxes for weapons upgrades. The (fully upgraded) pixel gun gets you far enough. Skip the weapons in between. When you hit level 6, go straight for the Laser that unlocks then and upgrade it to max. That thing's a beast early on, it trashes the big gunships in seconds.

15. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    How is this compared to Galaxy on Fire 2?

16. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    This is the important question. Replay GoF2 to scratch the space itch? Or is this good enough on its own without feeling like it's lacking too many features from GoF2?

17. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I just see laser and guns.... missile weapons??

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #38 Nullzone, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    I can barely remember GoF2, it's been too long.
    But SubI definitely stands very well on its own in my book.

Thought on ships:
    Hhmm, looks like the Vertex isn't worth it, or is that just me? Comparing stats, the 70k RS-109 and 85k Tornado both seem clearly superior.
    Between the two, it comes down to personal preference: Tornado has 10 more shield than the RS, but 10 less Acceleration, and needs level 8.
    I'll go with the RS-109 for now (230 vs 240 Shield seems less important than 110 vs 100 Speed). Both have 2 weapon slots and a Missile Launcher.
    UPDATE: On second thought, I think I'll level up to 8 first and get the Tornado. Higher base shield also translates into more gain when upgrading, I think. But the RS-109 loooks better to me. Choices, choices... ;)

@Epiotta: Later ships have missiles, see above.

UPDATE: Oh, and if you have the Evolution fully upgraded: Do NOT sell it. Keep it for mining instead, saves you the cash for upgrading cargo & mining on your next ship ;)

19. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You do get much bigger rewards as you progress further into the game. I just received $50k for completing Cat’s Eye and unlocking Kongelar.

20. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Can be played offline?