Stunt Wheels - Launch Build Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by chriskempt, May 26, 2015.

1. chriskempt

chriskempt Well-Known Member

#1 chriskempt, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Hi All, well, it looks like Stunt Wheels (http://j.mp/SW-AppSpy) is all-set for a its iOS release on Thursday (4th June) as planned - hopefully we'll be able to get the Mac version through review in time to launch it simultaneously - fingers crossed!

Anyway - since we're now so close to launch I thought some of you might like to see the final build that's going out so... here are some codes:

<-- codes used up, sorry! -->

If you're lucky enough to get a code I'd really appreciate it if you could leave a short note to let us know what you think and, if you're not lucky enough but are really keen then do PM me - if I have any codes left tomorrow I'll dish them out then.

Have fun!

Cheers

C

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!!!
    EL64J6F4N37R

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Snagged XTH9FX9RMHLY. So far looks pretty good and virtual controls work well. My iPhone needs to recharged before I can play more.

4. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm having an honest to god blast with this one! It's one of the best arcade racers that I have played in a long time. I love the crazy physics and the over the top gameplay. Great job!!!!

5. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    You should probably add something that tells you your going the wrong way.

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    It would have been courteous if the 3 other people who snatched redeem codes posted it in here.

7. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    iPhone is charged. The soundtrack is great and reminds me of the old road rash games. The tracks are a bit too slippery. It feels like your playing on ice. Overall it's a pretty fun arcade racer.

8. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    I believe many more feel the same but that ain't gonna happen. This is not new and unlikely to get any better unless the mod changes rules to the give away section or dev to distribute their give away in a different way.

I didn't take the code above but I did get to play this game back then when dev announce it in the upcoming section where he did share some codes there which I manage to snag 1 back then. It's actually pretty fun game, simple and play like a classic top down racing games but with a tons of cool things added. It's worth checking it out if you like this type of game. I still have it on my device and still play it from time to time :)

9. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    90% of the time the codes are taken by users not registered to the site.

The best way these contests should be run is for the developers to say "I have 5 codes to giveaway, post below if you want one" Then after say a few hours or a day they could put the names into a randomiser (tonnes on google) and give it through PM to 5 random users.

10. chriskempt

Hi All - I'm sorry that you've all been frustrated - I was aware that might happen which is why I asked people to PM me for spares - I'm sending you all codes now but for the time being thanks for showing interest!

11. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    The generous developer provided me with a code and Stunt Wheels plays quite smoothly. The graphics are great, and like someone mentioned, you might have fond memories of RC Pro AM when you play this.

12. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Hi chriskempt, will there be big changes between the launch build and the Stunt Wheels i got via promo code/poll a while back? Because i know you had mentioned it will be a little trickier. I still can't believe that i can race on all the different tracks without having to unlock anything.

I am still having a lot fun playing Stunt Wheels. Game is running great, and hasn't crashed once. I even tried the tilt way of steering and found it to be responsive and fun. But i have yet to try brutal! mode. The funny thing is, i just recently noticed that the car flips and maneuvers on two wheels.

I wish you the best of success with your new game.

13. chriskempt

Hiya! Thanks for your feedback and compliments! I'm super-pleased you like it!

The changes are more incremental than radical - we've tweaked some of the balancing, added turn markers and put the game controller in it (to allow you to control the Mac version).

The openness of the game is deliberate - we want this to hit the widest audience possible and be the kind of game that you pull out at parties, when your bored etc and just be able to play what you fancy - I like the idea of leaving it open to users to create their own challenges without being "chastised" by us (locking content away until they've done well enough).

There is progression though - although the changes between cars seem subtle at first they do actually make a huge difference to your lap-times and experience. These changes become most apparent in multiplayer in which you only get to use your garage.

Also - we do have the ranking system but, again, this is more of a reward than a gate.

In summary then - we just wanted to do something a bit different with this - and create a game that was open, fun, and - most importantly positive... hopefully that will be received well by Users, Apple and... well... Users and Apple!