Universal StrikeMaster Bowling (by Rubicon Development)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Rubicon, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    Sorry Paul -- the update hasn't appeared yet in the U.S. as of 9:20 a.m. on the east coast.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    It can take a few minutes to percolate around the stores and stuff. It's definitely out, I have it downloaded already :)

3. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    #23 Grist, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    "Go Premium" not responding

Just downloaded the latest update, but unfortunately the "Go Premium" button doesn't respond to taps. This was the new feature I most wanted to see.

EDIT #1: THIS PROBLEM WITH THE UNRESPONSIVE "GO PREMIUM" BUTTON OCCURS ONLY ON MY IPAD PRO, NOT ON MY IPHONE X. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE THAT THE "NOTCH" ON THE IPHONE X NOW OBSCURES MOST OF THE TOP SCORING LINE.

EDIT #2: After having successfully paid for "Go Premium" on my iPhone X, I tried again a few minutes ago on my iPad Pro, and on the second tap of the button I was finally able to do the transaction on the iPad. That's the good news...the bad news is that I have now been charged twice for "Go Premium" -- once using my iPhone, and again using my iPad. This game is so much fun that I don't mind being charged twice, but other users might have a different reaction to the double charge.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    The unresponsiveness is something we tried to address but couldn't find a cause for and put down to a slow server day. Will look into it more, perhaps at least hide the screen after the tap.

There is a restore purchases button at the bottom of the store page for cases like yours. To my understanding you can always buy extras like this, which is why apple insist on the restore button.

Will do some more digging around on Monday though, this doesn't feel as slick as it ought to be.

5. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Ok, I've put some more time into this and I'm now loving it. Paid to remove ads and support the dev.
    Can we get our stats and money in view at all times? Also, we need available cash to show when making purchases.

Really enjoying now. Hope the updates keep coming.

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    How the heck are you supposed to put a curve on the damn ball?? And I’m still not seeing where you can remove the ads!! :confused:

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Never mind. I figured it out.

8. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    Rubicon: The "restore purchase" button works, but my eyes apparently don't, because I didn't notice that button at the bottom of the store page until you referenced it in your post.

9. PhilAB

PhilAB New Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Sign in

How do you even sign in to this game?
    I want to play online but it says I’m not signed in.
    No idea how to sign in...can’t find it anywhere...

10. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    To repeat myself: I'm now loving this game.

Now a few suggestions:
    - Let us turn off the arrow animations! Once you know how to play, they're unnecessary and only get in the way.
    - Please kill or at least limit the shrugging animations (ok, that's probably a nitpick).
    - More stats! This game is just screaming for stats. We love stats. #
    - Eliminate animation telling me it's my turn, especially while in Skill Shots #
    - More updates! #
    - Snowball

Really splendid game.