Universal Strike Wing: Raptor Rising - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Game designer - Dream Builder Studios
    We’ve been pretty hard at work to address almost all issues that people have complained about in the initial release of the game. While we are aware that some people cannot be pleased, we’ve done or best. :) So having finished all the relevant features for 1.2, here is the list of changes :

- Reworked unlock system. We now have more ways to unlock playable levels. You can now play all the missions without buying any ship providing you are skilled enough.

- Added simulation missions – Two new tutorial missions will teach beginners basic flying skills as well as how to deal with capital ship assaults.

- The High Guard is here – 3 new advanced ships, the Blackwing stealth fighter, the Rhino heavy fighter and Raven assault bomber are available to unlock and play. These ships are extremely powerful but rely more on shields than hull resistance.

- Added Powerups – Powerups are bonuses that can be used during a mission that change the way your ship or mission works:

o Repair – Active powerup, usable only once during a mission, instantly restores your hull and shield integrity to 100%
    o Aegis Field – Active powerup, no usage limit. Makes your ship invulnerable while draining the energy reserves.
    o Ace Wingman – Adds one Ace Eagle pilot whenever reinforcements arrive. Score bonus is decreased.
    o Hardcore – Increases score bonus, increases mission difficulty, adds one extra enemy ace to every mission.
    o Sync Fire – Synchronize your guns for increased burst damage.
    o MK2 Shields – Shields absorb 20% more damage.
    o Powerplant - Your powerplant regenerates 20% more energy. Extremely useful for power-hungry ships or ships that rely more on shields than on hull.
    o XP Booster – Get 50% more experience out of all your actions.
    o Credit Booster – Get 50% more credits at the end of every mission.
    - Added Objective System – objectives will guide you through the game , provide challenges and rewards. No more “now what?” moments.

- Added Cockpit view – The first iteration of cockpit view is coming to Strike Wing. To use cockpit view you need to download the free Cockpits expansion pack. More diverse cockpits and advanced features coming soon.

- Added ship details screen – For the first step towards customizable ships, you will be able to see the numeric values behind ship stats in the ship details screen.

- More achievements – we’ve added 13 more achievements which are ready for .. achieving!

- Tweaked EM weapons. The Hyena MK2 has suddenly become very useful :)

- Buffed missile ships – missile ships now have more missiles that do more damage.

- Flip screen enabled. You can now play with your phone or tablet in any landscape position. You can only flip the screen while in the main menu

- Tweaked mission difficulty – Capital ship assaults missions should be easier to finish.

- Marked ship components – You can now see where critical capital ship components are, so you can destroy them easier.

- Ships tuned – most of the ships have been re-balanced.

- Improved ship selection screen

- Billions of bugs squashed

- More content coming soon!

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Bravo! I can't wait to dive in

3. Yup, keep up the good work guys! Way to maintain the game!

4. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013

Great great great !!! You guys are real professionals!!! Have you uploaded it to AppStore?

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Very impressive update indeed! Anxious for it to hit the store!

6. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Aaaand it's off! 1.2 has been submitted for review. Now we wait

7. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Counting the minutes... Can't wait!!! Yehaaaaaaa!!!

8. Wow, really looking forward to the update. Seems like so many things will be added, it is incredible. Let us know when we can download it!

9. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    will certainly do. :)

10. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Since we're now waiting for Apple's approval, here's another ship that's coming in 1.2.

[​IMG]

It's the most resilient ship in the game (providing you approach it in conventional ways) and really scary against capital ships.

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Dang! Looks hardcore

12. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Good ship, I think!

13. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    My data seems to be resetting whenever I exit the game. I was level 9 and now that I started up the game, I'm level 1 again with no credits and the stuff I unlocked is locked again.

14. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    @smegly this is caused by iTunes wiping out your data during sync whenever you're connecting it to the computer. To make sure you don't get screwed, use the iCloud save feature that you can find in the Pilot Records -> iCloud menu. Also make sure you have "Documents and data" turned on in your device's settings.

It's generally a good idea not to have iTunes auto-sync your stuff whenever you're connecting your device.

Version 1.2 has a cloud auto-save feature which should help people having this problem to some extent. However, manual saving is the safest way to go.

15. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Ah thanks. I guess I did sync between plays and didn't think that was the issue.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Update is live!

17. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Thank you!!!
    Downloading!
    Will test later...
    So excited!!!!

18. Woah, this is awesome news! Can't wait to try out all the new content!

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Holy crap. This update was HUGE! Thank you guys SO SO MUCH! I got this at release and have been trying to get into it more... but I've only reached level 12. Having the objectives really adds to the game a lot more than I thought it would have, especially combined with the rewards.

And now I'm really psyched to get into the new levels. Strike Wing is now in my 'Favorites' folder - on the FIRST PAGE of my 'Favorites' folder...

Anyway... thank you again. =oD

20. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Quote every single word!!! This is my favourite game of all time!!! This update is really awesome: objectives, cockpits, simulation mode... Everything is perfect! Great job guys, really great job!!!