Universal Strike Wing: Raptor Rising - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I would hate to see this game die... Do you have sufficient funds from you publisher to keep it alive? Do you think you might have to go free to play with ads to get enought revenue?

2. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I'm really digging this game. It's basically free to play as it is -- I actively avoid the free apps with all IAP because they're invariably a money pit. That said, I've put a total of $10 into this to get a head start and because I want to encourage the developer to keep adding to this nifty framework. The controls and graphics are terrific, it just needs some mission content now. It has lots of potential.

The 3G download limit has been raised to 100MB so please don't let that stop you from adding more. I'd pay extra for a mission builder if you make one.

3. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Game designer - Dream Builder Studios
    Hi guys,

We've been hard at work to fix problems and improve the game, so here are a few things that are working and which will come in version 1.2

• Powerups - we have added a power-up mechanic. Basically you choose a powerup, and the mission changes according to the power-up, or you gain a new ability or bonus.
    • Improved unlocking system - we've added a detailed objective set for each mission. You can now unlock playing a mission in more ways than before by playing previously unlocked missions. This means that you can play the game with only one ship , without being forced to use the in-game store at all if you're doing well enough.
    • Store Tweaking - Basically we've gone through the whole inventory and re-done the pricing according to the in-game rewards.

Here's how the ship selection screen sort of looks like (but it's not final)
    [​IMG]

Basically the locked ship dialog is gone, the ship description has been moved to the ship details screen (which you'll like).
    On the left side you get a list of objectives that you need to complete to unlock all ships for the current level. You only need to complete ONE objective for each mission and it will be unlocked. Missions can have up to 3 ways to unlock stuff.
    On the bottom bar you see the currently active powerup (if any) and how many uses it has.

Now, here's some stuff that we're working on but we aren't ready to talk about:
    • Detailed ship stats
    • Goal system
    • New missions
    • Extra ships
    • Other changes

Stay tuned for more

4. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Music for my ears!!! Great news mate!!!

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012

Wow! Awesome stuff! What about an upgrade system?

6. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Another new feature in 1.2 will be the ship details screen. This is the first step towards ship customization, but we'll release this earlier, to get the people to know their ships better.

[​IMG]

This screen will display all the relevant (numeric) stats for the ship and in the future will allow for ship customization. Stay tuned for more! :)

7. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    This is awesome! Can't wait for the customization

8. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Quote all: SUPER AWESOME!!!

This game is getting better and better!!!

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I just noticed this, but what does the "ship status" percentage represent?

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Sounds like good improvements. Will definitely go back to it once the update is out.

11. Yeah, this game is super awesome. Great buy for a buck. Good simple star wars tie fighting fun, with some more stuff that the developer is adding, it'll only get a whole lot better!

12. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Version 1.2 will be introducing SIMULATION missions. Simulations are effectively training scenarios which will teach you various aspects of the game in a controlled environment. You will be able to replay simulations at any time in case you've missed something or wish to brush up on your skills.

[​IMG]

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow this 1.2 update is gonna be huge!

14. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Great !!!!!!! When will be out? Can' t wait for this awesome update!!!

15. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Another feature which we're testing for update 1.2 is Cockpit View.

[​IMG]

Cockpit view will gradually make its appearance in the game, first with basic cockpits, then improved models and exclusive cockpit features.All this will available via our free downloadable content expansions.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    1.2 just keeps getting better and better!

17. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Vaipa, as you know, this feature will make me the happiest gamer in the world!!! Great job guys, and really, really thank you!!!

18. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    We're working as fast as we can to finish the update at a solid quality level and get the features back to you guys:)

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Don't overdo it ;) Take your time. Quality is much better than a rushed update. I can wait for a few weeks or more.

20. Yeah that cockpit view looks awesome. Keep up the good work! I really enjoy this game, and it's great to know that there is gonna be a cool update coming!