Universal Strike Wing: Raptor Rising - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Game designer - Dream Builder Studios
    #61 Vaipa, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

Glad you like it :) The unlocking for the 2nd level should be much faster once update 1.1 is live.

Also, as a protip: Never shoot at enemies from head-on, stay on a tangent, and use afterburners when you get hit. Enemies are equally as powerful as you are, and sometimes more (in case of Eagles, for example), so going toe to toe is to be avoided.

Protip #2, the wingman is healing you if he's close, so keep him on defense.

Later edit: Popup ads ? What the hell ?

2. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Lol he's probably talking about the tiny mipi ad on the home screen. Anyways can someone tell me how to switch targets? You know so I can lock on to those other pesky support fighters to get a bead on them ;)

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    oh yeah, thats how I cross promote my games. :)

4. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Just tap on the ship that you're trying to target :)

5. I would ask for auto rotate to be added for this game please.

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The control stick is a little small on the iPad mini, it would be really helpful if there was an option to change the size and increase it.

7. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    #67 Maniacfive, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    Woo! And that's ready for submission did you say?

Indeed that's the one. Wouldn't bother me at all, except it cuts across the scrolling text at the bottom when it's on screen and it really jars when it rotates. It's probably just me, but IMO, if the text didn't run behind the rotating logo it would look so much cleaner.

Edit: I touched on it earlier, but after more time with the game, I gotta say the controls have been totally nailed and really add to the combat in a hugely positive way.

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    sometimes its tricky to find a good spot for it. its essential though - otherwise the games can't get the amount of exposure they need.
    we'll see if there's anywhere else that it could be moved to.

9. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    We've done a quick live update to the game to add a support page. You can access it by tapping on the news ticker found in the main menu, just make sure you restart the app.

We'll update the page with known issues, solutions , tutorials, tips&tricks and more in days to come. If you have any tech issues with the game don't hesitate to hit us up.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So is each ship entirely customizable? So if I wanted photon beams and thermo missiles (just random names) I could put them on any of my ships? Or does each ship have it's own specific weapon set? And are ships upgradeable? And are weapons themselves upgradable (if the weapons are independent to the ship, of course)?

11. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    At the moment each ship has its own weapon set. Individual upgrades for ships is a feature we're working on.

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh ok cool! All the ships having the same weapons would have been really bland, but good to know that's not the case!

13. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
  14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Is update 1.1 submitted yet?

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Yep it's in review.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    What are some plans for 1.2? I noticed you said you were going to try and makes some additions to add variety to the gameplay

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    #77 JoshCM, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    Powerups and an objective system, that will be the first step.

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Will power ups be like star fox? So maybe weapon upgrades for that game that stack? Or something more like a temporary damage boost or shield boost?

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Good first impression, fast and furious combat, graphics are quite good too.
    One thing missing: why does the game not screen rotate? I only can play it "upside down", which means I cannot use my iPad cover to elevate it.
    Would be good if you can add that soon.

And an explanation what the difference between easy mode on and off is exactly would be nice too.

20. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    @Nullzone Easy and hard depends on a mission. Generally you get harder enemies , or more enemies, or less reinforcements. It all depends on what you're playing. We don't however "cheat" on enemies or decrease your damage like other games do. We just set up things to be more difficult.

As for the screen rotate, we'll look into fixing it, however it may not be trivial to solve.

@JCho133 Something like that, however don't expect fire breathing dragons from space :)