Universal Strike Wing: Raptor Rising - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Re-downloading this now, the update looks great (one before), nice small filesize as well , the video also sold it to me. Looking forward to playing this again

2. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Great!!! You are awesome guys!!!

3. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Hi - new player here, just bought the game. iPad mini Retina with the latest version of the game. It seems to crash on the Tutorial mission just after I fly throught the "rings".. It always crashes at that point and restarts my iPad...

4. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Game designer - Dream Builder Studios
    The fix is live. Make sure you have the internet connection active when you start the game to get it. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

5. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Thanks, that did the trick! I could skip the tutorial but did not want to as it triggered the rewards system for the Challenges. Thanks Vaipa! Its amazing how you can just fix it on the fly just like that!

6. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Totally agree!!!

7. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    One suggestion to the devs - on the iPad the ship descriptions still display on 1 line in a slooow scrolling manner... can it be displayed in a scrollable box instead? I guess it can still work on the iPhone this way but while reading them I've constantly wanted the capability to scroll them manually or faster! :)

8. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    New Update Incoming - Episode 2

So, we've been pretty hard at work on Strike Wing for the past .. year or so I guess. Been silent as well, apart from the few updates that we've done on the platform. But we're ready to spill the beans on what's coming (basically an excerpt of the release notes):

= EPISODE 2 IS HERE =
    Find out more about the story in the second episode of the campaign with new characters, missions, game-play and enemies!

= NEW ENEMIES =
    The alien invasion force is here. Fast and extremely deadly at close range, the alien fighters pose a challenge to even the most experienced pilots.

= THREE ADVANCED NEW SHIPS =
    Fly three very fast fighters using alien technology. Use the A1 Cobra or A2 Mamba , which are extremely deadly at close range, or saddle up in the ultimate High Guard hybrid technology ship, the AS1 Raptor.

= FIVE CHALLENGE MISSIONS =
    Five new and difficult challenge missions featuring new enemies, ships and objectives centered around the High Guard and the mysterious aliens!

= OVER 20 NEW CHALLENGES AND ACHIEVEMENTS =
    Are you an expert pilot or just craving for that achievement collection fix? This update brings you lots of new achievements to unlock, 5 leader-boards to compete into, and more game challenges to conquer. All tailored for the new content added into the game.

= OTHER FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS =
    • Improved text size and readability for HUD and Story text
    • Added time-stamp info for all story missions so you can track the timeline easier as the story unfolds
    • Fixed stability and visual problems in Operation Lifeblood
    • Improved performance in locations with large star-bases (Rogue Squadron, Aces High)
    • Fixed formatted text issues
    • Improved experience curve - you can now gain levels faster
    • More miscellaneous fixes

All of this,of course, for free for all players that have already bought the game.
    When the update is going to be hit the store, the game's price will also go up a bit. So that's basically a heads-up for everyone who still wishes to get it on the cheap side. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    Whoa!!! Great job, mate!!! I can' t wait to play the episode 2!!!

10. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Can anyone provide feedback one way or another. The price is certainly right.

11. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    The game is superb!!! It reminds me old wing commander. Graphics and gameplay is great. It is focused on combat and not anything else, even if there is a story under it. A very good product Worth the price.

12. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    The 1.4 update (Episode 2) has been submitted and now it's waiting for review !

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    What's the new price going to be?

14. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Most likely 2.99 or something to that effect

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I had never heard of this one so I picked it up immediately.

To the devs are there any reported issues with your servers? It took me hours and many retries to download all the free levels and cockpit view. I have a very fast cable connection and didn't have any issues with anything else. The download would start then hang. On every item. Then it would start over from 0 after getting to 70%

Billy

16. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    I've just tested the servers, and they work fine. We're using Amazon Web Services for distribution, so you might experience a glitch in their servers that should be only temporary. Also, please make sure you have an extra 15 MB free on your device when downloading the extra data.

17. Vaipa

Vaipa Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
  18. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Looks excellent!

19. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
  20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    and EP 2 is now officially available in the update!