Universal Strike Team Hydra (by Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nullzone, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #421 Nullzone, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    @candyjet: first, congrats on finishing!

Now, if you don't mind, I got a few questions cause I'm curious:
    - What team did you use?
    - Which was your best/worst soldier?
    - What level were your folks at the end?
    - What tactics did you use?
    - Any specific skills/soldiers/combos you abused the heck out of (e.g. like I did with the two Commanders) ?
    - Why did you find mission 26 difficult? Have to say I found it pretty easy, just stayed put for a few turns and blasted anything in range into small chunks of alien goo :p

2. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    #422 candyjet, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Thanks, NZ.

I ended up using your plan of 2 Commanders (finished at Level 11 and 8), but then used 3 Missile men (Levels 9,9 and 8) and one Medic (level 9).

I rated the commanders and missile men the best, clearly, and didn't get on with the Incinerator or the Cyborg.

My tactics were pretty much the same throughout, once I had sufficient abilities. I would find a suitable area and set up a defensive dome. I would place a couple of Tactical Shield Generators on top of each other from the missile fellas, adding a couple of First aid boosts (can't remember the exact name, but it is a green dome, from the medic). I would use the command AP to transfer to the other members of the team to make sure I had this all set up in the first couple of goes. From then on, it was pretty much up to the rocket blasts from the missile men. Grenades from the Commanders also worked well. I didn't get on much with turrets, as they seemed a bit weak to me, other than one level (a survive x number of turns level) where I used them to block the entrance to a small room I gathered in.

The major flaw in the strategy is being taken out by a grenade, which could easily decimate the team, and I think it was that that shredded my first attempt on level 26.

I'm not very imaginative at these games, and pretty much ignored terrain protection throughout, until right at the last levels when I was desperate. I also realised right at the end that I had forgotten about Command Points, so it turned out that I hadn't used any.

I think I may try swapping around team members now, and upping the difficulty. Is there a maximum Level for the team members?

Cheers,

CJ

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #423 anthony78, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Saw on AppZapp that this was on sale for $3.99 but that’s not the price on the App Store. Has it just not gone into effect yet?

I have both of the dev’s other games and had interest in this but what I’ve heard about the difficulty level (even in comparison to the others which I already considered difficult) has made me hesitient.

But may give it the benefit of the doubt if it’s on sale.

Edit: Ignore this. It is $3.99. That’s what I get for not realizing I was signed into my NZ account to try a soft launch. :(

Anxious to check this out now!

4. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Was going to jump on Iron Marines, but the IAP shenanigans turned me off instantly.

Seeing this on sale was a relief for my itchy trigger finger. Bought!

5. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    On a side note, anyone know why TA and AppShopper can’t update their app, but AppZapp, which also has price tracking, does still work on iOS 11?

6. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Any character customization? Leveling?

7. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes, characters gain xp and level up. As they Do, they unlock new abilities and get stat bonuses. You can customize them with different equipment.

8. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Also have an Android and was shocked to see it on sale for only $1.49 on Google Play. Oh well, can’t gripe about giving another $2.50 to the devs on iOS.

9. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Thanks for the reply, BOUGHT XD

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks. The iOS version is slightly better because it has dynamic shadows and image effects. I can't get those working even on high end android devices for some reason.

11. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Don't know if this was answered before, but how do I replay the tutorial?

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    When you open up the missions screen, there is a button called "training or "tutorial, I think.

I'd also recommend reading the rules in the training section as that explains most of the key concepts.

13. S0me0ne

S0me0ne Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Is there a maximum level for the characters or could you theoretically level them endlessly?
    How is this in demons rise 1 and 2?

14. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    No max level, you can keep replaying it and levelling up. The highest difficulties are really intended only for very high level teams. DR1 and DR2 have the same design.

15. S0me0ne

S0me0ne Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Ok thanks for the quick answer. What would you call very high level? And it seems that at least in the android Version items for the sword slot are missing

16. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Honestly, not sure ... depends on the level. So if you're playing campaign level 1 on extreme, you'll probably scrape through with characters that are level 3 or 4. However, playing level 25 on extreme probably requires characters that are level 15+, I would think.

Good catch on the lack of sword items. I completely missed those. Sorry about that. :eek: I'll create some swords this morning and will add them in the next update. I'm realizing I don't even have any sci-fi sword icons. I'll have to find some.

17. S0me0ne

S0me0ne Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Alright. Great to hear that you are adding them. You support your games really well and i hope to see more games from you

18. vladswe

vladswe Active Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Thanks a lot for being so active in the forums. I also wanted to know if any progress has gone into the ”speed setting” we discussed earlier - as in a general, overall, speed setting? Some of the player-turn animations can take a while to execute if there are hundreds of enemies you need to dispose of :) The enemy-turn speed setting works fine!

19. TheJoey4

TheJoey4 Active Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Finally got around to playing this hardcore for last three weeks, although any wavelight game is insta-buy for me! 5 stars again!

20. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Awesome ... really hope you enjoy it.

Quick update on my end. I've been delayed in getting the next update out due to working on getting this game out for Steam and also doing a huge update for Demon's Rise 1. Hopefully, I can get the next update to Strike Team out soon. It will have the undo movement button, some minor tweaks, some slight graphics improvements and the missing swords for the Spectre in the item database.