iPad Strike Force Trio (NEW)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Veratek, May 7, 2009.

1. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEkĀ®
    washington
    Strike Force Trio
    Link

[​IMG]

$1.99 who will TOFTT? Graphics look slick.

2. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I already have my Galaga. I am going to sit this one out.

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'd love to hear some initial impressions on this one as well. With games like Skyforce Reloaded and Hotfield at my disposal, I'm not sure I see anything different enough about this one to make the purchase.

4. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Oh sheesh, I have too many SHMUPs on my iTouch as it is.

Going to wait for a review..

5. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #5 Reaganomics, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
    My intial impression of Strike Force Trio is that the developer was mindful to create a game with substance in terms of a story and unique characters. I commend the game makers for not just going with eye candy like so many other game makers do.

However, the graphics leave a little to be desired. They're not the worst I've seen, but I've seen better on almost all of the other iPhone top-down shooter games. They're sorta amatuerish with a cheap comic book quality. And while flying your ship the animations can be choppy at times, which was a little distracting. I believe there is no game music. What it does has are beeps, zaps and 8-bit explosion sounds and they're on the cheap side. Unfortunatley, there's major lag with the touch controls. I haven't tried the accelerometer controls yet.

There's a campaign mode where you have the option of choosing one of three ships each with its own pilot. The fact that you can choose ships is some way connected to the bigger story. There's plenty of power ups that keep you busy. But again, the controls and the lag was a major turn off for me. With the right updates this game could be that game that you were hoping for.

6. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the insight. Is there any noticeable difference in the 3 ships besides looks and possibly storyline? Often this type of "choice" is really more of a gimmick and doesn't benefit game play any.

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Wow that's like the fourth vertical shooter in a week.

I'll wait for Tyrian.

8. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Sorry, I deleated it. It was too much of a dissapointment. But I'll check it periodically for updates.