Universal Streets of Rage 4 (by Playdigious)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 23, 2022.

1. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I just tried it and got it to work. Looks like I tap attack 3 times, then timed a charged normal attack to "cancel" after 4th attack for a back fist (which is the 5th attack). So it's tap->tap->tap->press and hold (and time to release after 4th attack) for just the normal attack button. While the wording is back fist, the icon shows what I'm guess is still normal attack button. Still a bit tricky for me to consistently pull off with virtual controls. I haven't tried it with my PS4 controller.

I saw the "tip" in the middle of the screen which says charged attack can cancel any normal attack so I think the key is teaching when to cancel normal attacks.

Hope it helps!

macplash likes this.
  2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yeah, that helped. Thanks. Eventually I managed to do it once by accident so I went back a few times to do it properly and it looks like it’s all about timing. It’s important to master when to hold and when to let go. It’s pretty much equivalent to parrying in other games. That being said this game has some serious moves set. So many combos, offensive and defensive tricks. It’s fairly overwhelming. I didn’t expect that. I thought it was pretty straightforward beat ‘em up game with a few buttons to mash but it’s really quite complex. And I can’t tell if it’s a good thing or a bad one yet though. It’s like playing NBA games with their crazy amount of moves and tricks. It’s possible to play and enjoy but without mastering them it’s impossible to win on higher difficulties. And I can only wonder how’s the difficulty set in Streets of Rage 4 as there’s no option to choose from. Will I be able to enjoy it just by casual approach or will it get really difficult and frustrating without properly mastering the controls? That’s what worries me. And I haven’t even tried the story mode. All I went through so far was a tutorial…:rolleyes:

3. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    In
    I happen to finish the story mode on easy difficulty and it was a decent challenge. I remember playing this on normal on the pc with controller and parts of the game is so frustrating for my skill level! Lol.

It definitely seems like the game is much deeper than it seems but it does reward patience to learn it all. I probably could have learned it better if I was 10-20 years younger. Now I’m just happy can I beat it on easy without getting a game over! :p

macplash likes this.
  4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @tops2 so you’re saying the starting difficulty is considered easy? Or is there an option to choose from? As I said, I only went through tutorial so far. Didn’t find courage to begin the story mode yet.:)

5. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    If i remember correctly, you have unlimited continues.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think you’re worrying too much!

just give it a go. I haven’t ever played the tutorial. Just started it and pressed the buttons to see what they can do. First level seemed easy as I just tried it

macplash likes this.
  7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @psj3809 you’re probably right and I’m just overthinking things. I guess I should’ve skipped the tutorial in the first place. The amount of possibilities scared me. I’ll give the story mode a proper go.

8. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I'm able to select difficulty for story mode. I actually didn't even know about the tutorial before and just jumped in and played. It was rough before though on normal cause handling the mobs of enemies really tough for my skill level.

Maybe jump in and play easy and go from there. You can always do the tutorials anytime.

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yeah, I realized that yesterday, LOL. So I chose Normal based on its description and cleared 2 areas with C rank. It’s challenging right of the bat but so far manageable. Although I’m thinking to start over on Easy as I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to change it later when the things get more frantic.

Anyway, I’m loving this game. Can’t remember why I didn’t get into it the moment it came out. I bought it and it was just “collecting dust” installed waiting to be played. I’m glad I found time to give it a try. Now I can’t put it down.;)

IMG_0171.png

tops2 likes this.
  10. AlexWild

AlexWild Active Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Male
    It's the same game like the pc/console, right?

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Great game to have on my iPhone. Love the originals but also like the remakes like this

reminds me I have to play the remake of wonder boy much more !!