Universal Street Kart for iOS - Beta Testers Wanted (Fat Cigar Productions

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fat Cigar Productions, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Do you currently play multiplayer racers on iOS?

1. Yes

64 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
  1. Jmartinez41

Jmartinez41 Member

Sep 19, 2014
    I've been waiting for this game since before January and the beta finally comes out. Only tilt controls with no option for touch and I'm already out

2. Fat Cigar Productions

Fat Cigar Productions Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Game Developers
    UK
    We're working on the touch controls, but we won't have them ready for beta. We need to find a great mechanism for doing it that works when you get low grip conditions. The game is challenging and designed to be like that, so the controls need to reflect this, while at the same time making it easy for those who like touch controls to get the hang of it in the beginning. It's a pretty hard balance for us to strike!

3. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    I finally gained access to my account, couldn't remember my password for some reason. Anyway, I have been extremely excited about this one, as it seems great, so would it be possible for me to sign up for the beta, so that I can test out how it runs on an iPad Pro 9.7", and how it all works in general terms?

4. dadol

dadol Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Can this be played online without a facebook account?

5. Fat Cigar Productions

Sep 21, 2015
    Game Developers
    UK
    Yes, but you'll miss a huge amount of the game play as it is designed to be played with people you know - we use a one touch log in with FB to find all your rivals you know and then place them in a mini-league with you. It also then allows you to Push Notify them to race, Voice Chat etc.

The advantages are very big in terms of enjoyment.

Currently the average player in beta are in leagues with about 20 players each, as well as the overall championship.

Here's how a leaderboard looks after a few days in the TKM Championship.

Attached Files:

6. Fat Cigar Productions

Sep 21, 2015
    Game Developers
    UK
    We may add a few more people to the beta soon to test some updates. We'll keep the thread posted with news about how to apply :)

7. AudiR8cer

AudiR8cer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Coruscant
    I want in! I just sent you a PM with my email address.

8. Fat Cigar Productions

Sep 21, 2015
    Game Developers
    UK
    Beta Round 2

Hey guys, just to let you know, beta round 2 applications are now open on our website. We can take up to 300, you'll need an iOS device and keen to log in with Facebook so we can automatically find you some rivals.

The experience without logging in with FB is important to us too, but at this stage, we're keen to make sure you've got bucket loads of people to race!

www.streetkart.me/beta-access

9. Fat Cigar Productions

Sep 21, 2015
    Game Developers
    UK
    Places went pretty quickly yesterday - there's around 20 places left now.

10. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Will one receive an email if he gets in? I signed up on your website. Here's hoping there'll be one room for me. Have been so excited to take it out for a test on the track!

11. CST511

CST511 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Manufacturing Sales Management
    Oklahoma
    Received "The Email" for beta testing

Very excited to see an email in the inbox this morning...instead download of TestFlight and onto 1.5G download of the beta version! I have to say, my freakin' eyes are strained and I have a migraine from playing this dang game all day. I couldn't put it down...at all! You guys are in for a treat if you are a racing sim fan like myself. The game never once lagged however, it has crashed on me without warning after playing for 30 minutes nonstop. My only complaint is that I keep getting an error message when trying to sign into Facebook within the game. This may be a game bug or it could be something I've done wrong but using FB to sign into games to save progress is always my first option...then Twitter then GC if required. Already checked settings in FB and the app doesn't show up in the settings. Is this because it's still in beta testing?? Just curious. Well thanks dev's...I'm not gonna get crap done this weekend other than nursing migraines and buying cheap $1 eye glasses at Walmart:).

Honestly, me personally, one of the best racing games iOS has ever seen. Soooooo much potential! Great game guys!!!

12. AudiR8cer

AudiR8cer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Coruscant
    Thanks for the review. I'm really looking forward to being a part of the second round of testing!

13. Fat Cigar Productions

Sep 21, 2015
    Game Developers
    UK
    Wow, thanks! Not sure quite what to say!

PM us and we'll try and sort out your FB issue which will definitely be ruining your game experience!

14. Fat Cigar Productions

Sep 21, 2015
    Game Developers
    UK
    We'll email tomorrow with news of those who got in to the beta round 2.

15. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
  16. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Good to hear!

17. JahPE

JahPE Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I got accepted!!!

18. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah, I just got the email that I have been chosen. But can someone accept my request to join the Facebook group? I have been waiting some days, but maybe nobody have noticed?

19. JahPE

JahPE Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2016
    same In the one with a minecraft picture (My brother put it in I will change it so I'm not embarrassed with it) XD

20. JahPE

JahPE Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oh and When you say the end of the week you mean on Friday? I rather have it today if that possible because I'm home all day today.