iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Yeah no friendly mode does suck. At least there's a challenge mode. I didn't realize you only had a limited amount of time to play ranked, that seems kind of cheap.

2. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    W H A T T H A H E L L L ! ! !

Drakesrider, Demon's score, SXT, Lunar...

Then the Mayan calendar was right...it's the end of the world!!

:eek:

What expensive week, but we're happy, no??

3. mschoto

mschoto Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Neurologist
    Venus, Cambodia
    I am gonna buy this right now, don't mind the iap thing for online, i just need to have this...:)

4. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Awesome! You can unlock new modes by playing :D

EDIT: My bad, there`s only Trial Mode :))

5. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    If you don't play connected to wifi, you dont earn SP in arcade mode and you cant unlock trials

6. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Saw this pop up in my watch list, hit buy....aaaannnndd buyers remorse. I know it's only $3, but this just sucks. Dammit, really wanted to get into this game.

7. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Good graphics and controls. There's only 10 characters but for £1.99 is worth it. Eventually there will be updates with more characters. Only thing I don't like is there's no gamecenter multiplayer. Hope they don't do a volt version having to pay for another game just to play against friends.

Plus the game keeps saying failed to sync with gamecenter please check connection. Then randomly syncs up fine.

8. Houmous

Houmous Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I don't know about you but I already have some lag online and I got my first rage quitter...

Also how do we unlock the two characters?

9. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

So did anyone else notice the end of Sanuku's video on the menu and IAP?
    Spending gold for a timed % increase in attack power / defense / speed... in ranked matches.

10. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    #70 HarlequinRogue, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    Those are random select buttons....

Also it seems like guile is pretty ridiculous. No charge super, easy combos, safe target combo (cancel into sonic boom) good projectile (even better with charging).

Even a guile as assist can easily out turtle the CPU...

Guile (theme) goes with everything!

11. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    So, any word on iPad 3 resolution? Is it iPad 2 and upscaled, or native iPad 3 resolution?

12. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I saw this in the most recent STP article and decided this one was going to be just for a bit of fun on the side when I'm not playing Volt. I only played training for a couple minutes but it didn't change my opinion that this is a gimmick game. Such a shame.

Oh, and I love that one of the first reviews is Shooby begging Capcom to add Cammy. :D

13. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    You would think by now that online would work fine. Its so laggy its almost unplayable.

10 charcters,
    iAPS for 10 second percentage boosts,
    No GameCenter mulitplayer,
    Laggy online,
    1.2GB once installed (shouldn't be that high with the things it lacks, but then again the game comes with a little movie so guessing thats why)

Just seems like a joke to me. Apart from all that the graphics and controls are good

14. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I think people need to take a step back here and remember that Capcom are charging us just £1.99/$2.99 (ok, launch sale but still) for this game.

Compare that to the Vita and console versions, and it's a bargain even with IAP. New characters will be added, for free, in future updates. I'm still waiting to hear if the iPad 3 runs that game at native resolution before making a purchase.

15. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    How do you know that?

16. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Took the plunge, looks pretty poor on the new iPad, a little pixelated round the edges and not full Retina resolution. Looks razor sharp on the 4S, but even the visual style and look of the fighters seems different to the "real" version of the game on consoles.

Still, only £1.99.

17. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Have you played Street Fighter 4 Volt?

The game that launched at 99p and like Street Fighter 4 before it got free roster updates.

That's how.

18. Sun Vulcan

Sun Vulcan Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    I'll wait the "Volt\Ultimate\Super" version. I don't want to pay twice for the same game again.

19. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Bought it.

20. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    About early game releases this week and this game not being full featured, two words:

iOS 6 and iPhone 5.

iOS 6 comes out today and if the iOS 5 launch is any indication we can expect the Internet to slow to a crawl sometime today.

And I bet CAPCOM really wanted this out as the new fighter game for the millions taking delivery of an iPhone 5 on Friday.

Just my speculations.