iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Nightshift Nurse

Nightshift Nurse Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Holy shit!

Street Fighter X Tekken, Demons' Score, Lili, The Room, Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch...and possibly God of Blades?

Chalk this up as the best iOS release week ever.

Street Fighter X Tekken is surprisingly competent port (though the Vita version will eventually be my goto portable release). I do hope Capcom updates the roster soon, though. Not a single one of my mains made it into the launch.

2. madman73

madman73 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    advertising creative director
    Manila, Philippines
    Putting those cinemas into the game should mean Lei, Christie, Sakura et al will be added eventually. If they actually manage to throw in everyone who was in the console versions, this could be the best iOS fighter yet.

3. PlexShaw

PlexShaw Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    London, UK
    For those asking, it doesn't have Game Center achievements. I'm a bit disappointed about that TBH.

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#44 Sanuku, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  5. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Not as good as TTT2 on ps3, but for this price I do not mind duplication and maybe I end up playing it more than on ps3 (where I barely played it so far).

6. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    So does this look a little pixellated on the new iPad? I know it says universal but I'd be shocked if Capcom bothered to make it full Retina resolution on the new iPad. In which case I'd consider skipping this one.

7. Sezzar

Sezzar Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Gawd i need icade for this

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    #48 FPE, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    I guess I was expecting too much coming from the PS3, but honestly this is even less than any other fighter on iOS.
    Controls are much easier than on console (well because they use the very easy mode) ... but the issue I have is that sounds can be very irritating.
    Movies ... Is ee no bloody movie like many others here.
    And even much worse .. there are just 10 characters!!!!

9. tacoprime

tacoprime Member

May 16, 2012
    Damn right they are. If SF Volt can run on 3GS why not this. This is getting stupid. My 3GS still works fine so why should I buy a new phone.

10. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    It baffles me that anyone gets excited about any version of Streetfighter for ios. I've tried SF4 & MVC2 on the ipad and both have bought back memories of something so evil & life scarring, I cannot bear to speak of it.... Streetfighter 2 on the Amiga 500 :( :(

Don't do it, people! Save your pennies!

11. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Don't. Talk. Pish!

My Amiga set up consisted of three looped external floppy drives JUST to play Street Fighter 2 on my A500+ because of the awful disc swapping. Then you had to either try and play it one button on a Zip Stick or use the keyboard layout. If you had an A1200, the frame rate was superb but on the A500+ I had to use a 60Hz enabler disk to get some kind of speed from the game at all.

Then there was the reduced colour palette, the whole thing looked washed out and "brown" ... everywhere. But the loading times, as the floppy drives had to swap around looking to load the character and stage while you sat looking at the blue "vs" screen with the character faces, we're abysmal.

So, no it's nothing near bad enough to evoke memories of SF2 on the Amiga. Not even close.

12. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Lol what a joke... So you have a max of 3 coins to play online. If you lose a match, it goes down by 1 until it reaches 0, then you'll have to wait 8 hrs so it replenishes one... unless you purchase the iap then you're free to keep playing online.

This game seems rushed with only arcade and training mode for single player and for multiplayer, there's only ranked and bluetooth. No friendly matches! WTF!!! So if you want to play against a buddy of yours, the only option you have is to go on ranked and search in Africa or somewhere obscure where you're bound to find your friend and not some random...

As of right now, I am not impressed and it's a stunt for CAPCOM to cash in on us. Oh, and Volt is 100x better than SFxT at the moment.

13. slrc_91

slrc_91 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Student
    Cozumel, Mexico
    Don't forget how chaotic the matches become. Capcom shouldn't bother to give us online in these conditions.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Heh...it's not like I'm ever going to take this online because of how crappy my connection is, so it doesn't bother me; but man can I see how this whole "IAP-centric" online crap is going to piss people the hell off.

I must say...the game's pretty damn gorgeous on retina displays.

15. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Anyone know if it's icade compatible?

16. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Was about to smash the buy button but being fff is one of the top volt players I'm gonna hold off. How could they f this up. I don't mind and extra charge to pay online though. I've played hundreds of hours on there volt server and kinda feel bad. Thanks for impressions fff

17. yoshimitsu

yoshimitsu Active Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Manji clan leader
    Unkown
    This game very well good I'm a big fan of volt but I got to say this is 100% better than volt!!! There's only two things I don't like is the online coin system. And lack of characters but that will be fixed in the coming months..so other than the coin prob.... this game is great!!!

Ps: capcom please put yoshimitsu in the game next!!!!

18. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    iap to play online? Lol good thing i held off on this one

19. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    well, well... just wanted to ask "phone or pad", but extensive IAP and file-size is killing me

at the moment i'm just saying "no thanks"... shame