Street Fighter IV: Volt - Update Proposal

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by HarlequinRogue, Jul 7, 2013.

1. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Decapre
    s.P: s.MP (special cancellable)
    db+p: cr.LP (rapidfire hitconfirm)
    df+p: cr.HP (+1 on hit)

s.K: far HK
    f+k: Fox Tail (overhead, +1 on hit)
    db+k: cr.MK (special cancellable)
    df+k: cr.HK (knocks down)

j.P: j.HP
    j.KL j.HK

Target Combo 1: s.P, s.K

Psycho Sting (Hard): charge d, u+P/charge d+sp/charge d, u+SP
    Rapid Dagger (Light): Px3/SPx3 (-1 on block and some minor pushback)
    Spiral Arrow (Hard): charge b, f+K/charge b+sp/charge b, f+SP (air only)
    Scramble: charge b, f+K/charge b/db+sp/charge b, f+sp (Hold f for Light, uf for Medium, u for Hard)
    Cannon Strike: K during Medium or Hard Scramble
    Razor Edge Slicer: K During Light Scramble
    Break (ground, Light): b+P during Light Scramble
    Break (ground, Medium): P during Light Scramble
    Break (ground, Hard): f+P during Light Scramble
    Break (air, Light): b+P during Medium/Hard Scramble
    Break (air, Medium): P during Medium/Hard Scramble
    Break (air, Hard): f+P during Medium/Hard Scramble

Back Throw
    Air Throw

Super
    Strafe Dagger: charge b, f, b, f+P

Ultra
    Psycho Stream (U1): charge b, f, b, f+sp

2. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    #1122 m44, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Good stuff HR. That move list would make sense. I think Decapre is the most fun out of the Ultra characters.

----////----

Edit: Found the proposed move list for hawk. link

It looks good. Maybe down + SP in air for EX Dive? I would almost like his standing P to be his cl. MP . . .

3. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    You going to include the other new chars? Awesome.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Rolento:
    (P/forward + P) st.HP. Fast, short recovery (for a move this good), 2 hits... Do I need to say more?
    (back + P) st.MP. His only reliable anti-air.
    (down-back + P/down + P) cr.LP. For hit confirms and pressure.
    (down-forward + P) cr.MP. It was either his cr.HP or his cr.MP. His cr.HP is just a one hit version of st.HP with more recovery and slightly better range, while his cr.MP is a 3-hits move that can link into different stuff (should be +2 in Volt) with a faster startup than st.HP.

(K/back + K) st.HK. It's his main way to deal big damage (it can link into different stuff, +2 on Volt too). Also in USFIV it has the same startup as st.MK (should be 2f on Volt), so it just beats the crap out of st.MK.
    (forward + K) Trick Rod. Rolento jumps and hits with the stick while in the air. Beats lows and grabs and counts as airborne.
    (down-back + K/down + K). cr.MK. Needed for his bnbs. It's also his go-to low hitting move.
    (down-forward + K) cr.HK. Very unsafe slide (at max distance may still be -1 or something like that) and can't be linked from any of his normals (it has some startup), but it's his only way to get a hard knockdown and start his pogo shenanigans without problems.

(in the air, P) j.HP. j.MP received a huge nerf in the form of the third hit causing a reset, making it far worse in USFIV than in SFxT. His j.HP works OK as an air-to-air and also very good as a jump-in due to his HUGE hitbox.
    (in the air, K) j.MK. Cross up normal.
    (in the air, down + K/down-back + K/down-forward + K) Spike Rod aka pogo. Rolento uses his stick to perform his famous double jump, which can still be canceled into an air normal but not in another pogo. After pressing down + K, you can keep pressing left, down or right to change the jump.
    (in the air, near the floor, down + K/down-back + K/down-forward + K) Trick Landing. Rolento performs a second jump, but this time you can't alter his direction by moving the joystick (he'll keep the direction of his initial jump). Unlike Spike Rod, this jump is lower to the ground and can't be canceled into any normals, but travels further.

(SP/QCF + P) Heavy Patriot Circle aka his rekka. Press P or SP for second and third rekkas. Unlike Fei's, this isn't used as a poke since all rekkas are completely punishable.
    (forward + SP/down-forward + SP/DP + K) Heavy Stinger. Press P, K or SP to throw the knife. The Heavy version only makes him able to jump higher. He can still throw knifes right after jumping to keep the pressure (in a very stylish way I may say).
    (down + SP) Mekong Delta Attack aka his backflip before the roll. Press P for Heavy Roll follow-up. Why no SP OFF unique combination? Because it uses all three P's on console, like Bison's teleports.
    (down-back + SP/reverse DP + K) Medium Mekong Delta Air Raid aka his roll backwards that cancels into an overhead. Press P for follow-up. Why not the Heavy version like pretty much every move in Volt? Because it's just a very useless version of this move. It makes Rolento jump too further and unless the opponent is in the other side of the screen, it's going to pass over him, and it isn't use as any kind of long-reaching punisher, that's his slide. They used that version in SFxT Mobile and it was SOOOO awful I never really got to use it, just its EX version.
    (back + SP/QCB + K) Mekong Delta Escape aka wall jump. Can do anything after the wall jump.

(QCF + SP) EX Rekka.
    (DP + SP) EX Stinger. P, K or SP to throw the knives.
    (down + SP) Mekong Delta Attack. SP for EX Roll follow-up.
    (reverse DP) EX Mekong Delta Air Raid. P for follow-up.
    (QCB + SP) EX Mekong Delta Escape. Can do anything after the wall jump.

forward throw (gives Rolento more time to do the shenanigans).

(touch Super meter/QCB, QCB + P) Grenade Super (forgot its name).

(touch Ultra meter/QCF, QCF + SP) Patriot Sweeper. His U1 and Super Art from SFxT.

5. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    I was bored yesterday...

It's proving to be just a fun exercise. But We're not gonna get anywhere esp with the new game in beta testing. This is just my wishlist for Volt

6. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Once they realize that game will get them nowhere, they will look for options, its still a good idea to send them this proposal. Besides we loose nothing with trying

7. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    What's happened? This thread is still alive? Has the proposal been submitted to Capcom? Maybe is the right time, after mhfu and Phoenix wright Capcom could be inspired :))!

8. ThunderQuakesofPhoenix

ThunderQuakesofPhoenix Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Well... Can it be confirmed that Volt is dead? we could only hope for a new mobile game by Capcom... Right? Probably another app with all these hard work you guys all did for the last few years.

9. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    And finally Street fighter champion edition coming soon, good job with this thread, I think capcom has been inspired!!

10. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Yeah, Volt is almost certainly dead. What I'd recommend though is that you hold onto it on your phone until you've installed the new game. Volt had a bonus if it detected the original SFIV game on the phone. I imagine Championship will have something like that too.

To be clear: I have no insider knowledge. Just going by the fact that if you had SFIV installed along with SFIV Volt, you got access to Akuma.

11. Admiral Bison

Admiral Bison Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Interesting.

I have all the street fighters in my iPad -except MvC2 and SvT- as we speak.
    didn't realize this thread existed for so long.