iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    God that screenshot makes me sad about the graphics. I guess that's why our phones are not that big :). And why one would not want to play it on iPad.

2. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Does anyone have an extra pair of pants? I seem to have soiled myself.

3. fi2-shift

fi2-shift Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    IT at CCC
    Santo Domingo
    I must suck then, I'm in hard mode and can't seem to beat that sucker xD

4. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Insta buy but with one question...
    there's brand new backgrounds or still the original from SF IV?

5. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

I am disappointed to hear this version of the game still relies on static backdrops and jaggy polygon fighters, SF IV was an ugly little game running on the 3GS. Why can't Capcom produce anything worthwhile for iOS outside of Capcom Arcade? Game Center aside, why would someone choose to play this over a near perfect arcade port of Street Fighter II Turbo complete with animated backgrounds? :confused:

6. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Ok... I confess that I'm a noob at fighting games so here's a few questions (I'v read the in game descriptions):
    How 'useful' is auto guard?
    SP Move assist? Does limit my arsenal of SP moves in anyway? Or are they just easier to pull off?

7. 2hvy4grvty

Feb 10, 2010
    Why... phy?

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Is it safe to say SFIV Volt makes the original SFIV release obsolete? ...or is there cause to have both on my iDevice at the same time?

9. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Not jaggy polygon fighters, just pre rendered sprites. If it were polygons the animation would be much smoother.

10. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    #110 DusT_HounD, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
    @gunxsword:
    Auto-guard just does what it says on the tin- a lot of people like to use it to take away some of the difficulty, but that's about it- means that if you get attacked any time when you could guard, then your character will block. I don't think this applies to any non-input situations, like if you're standing, i think you can still be swept, for example, but if you were crouching, you'd have blocked that sweep.

You won't miss out on anything using the move assist, except learning to do the correct motions. A lot of people came into iSFIV thinking that just because they could play competently using a pad or stick, that it would automatically translate for the touchscreen, and then when they found they couldn't pull off moves, they decried it as being unsresponsive, or having poor controls, but this is not the case.

@Spamcan:
    another reason is that people like the fact that SFIV has added a big dose of depth and strategy on top of the already awesome SFiI mechanics. Focus-cancelling techniques into super or ultras, decreased cooldown times and extra invincibility frames when using EX special moves etc. all add, IMO, a lot of extra potential for play. Like, did you mess up your hit-confirming and go into a special? If you're on the ball, you can focus-cancel if you have the meter. BUT- if it's early-game, have you played aggressively enough to charge the meter in the first place? Little new things like this make me enjoy SFIV more than the 'pure' SFII experience, and that's why i choose to play IV over the arcade-perfect II.

11. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Those special cards were there in the first game as well, but you must unlock them.

12. 2hvy4grvty

Feb 10, 2010
    Anyone been able to unlock Akuma yet?

13. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    @dnk: what do the special cards actually do? Is it to do with multiplayer? I don't know anyone else with this game, so never explored that side of it on iOS, but now with wifi, i hope to do just that!

Also, to add to my earlier post, i'm actually partly in agreement with spamcan- i think Capcom have been extremely lazy with the backgrounds in this game- most look like absolute crap, and even though they are static, the least they could have done is make them higher- resolution.

14. ajaysaini

ajaysaini Member

Apr 7, 2011
  15. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hard mode, there's your answer. I was normal all the way! Pre-Volt I only once managed to beat tournament on hard, that was with Sagat and completion time of 25 minutes after mass retries on Bison. 'Tis I that sucks :D. Clearly you already beat Bison on Volt on hard with no continue :eek:. I hope if we can unlock Akuma it doesn't take that lol.

16. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Geees, Takes it's time to download don't it?

17. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Did any of the fighters' backstories make it into this one?

18. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    An IAP should have sufficed. I don't want to own two separate apps:)

19. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    FINALLY I CAN NOW PLAY AFTER 20 minutes of waiting for it to download!!!

20. ajaysaini

ajaysaini Member

Apr 7, 2011
    have fun bro