iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    #41 PeterM11, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
    I'll definitely be downloading this. Online multiplayer is perfect for games like this. Especially at only a buck, I don't see who wouldn't pick this up. Probably no Retina but that wasn't a huge deal for me in the original one. As long as the icon isn't blurry. Wonder what the surprise is for owners of both games. Interested in this a lot.
    And also, I definitely agree, an iPad version would be much appreciated.

2. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Hope lots of people will buy and play this game so we can easily find online games.

3. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Credit to Capcom for sorting online multiplayer, but why no proper iPad support? Bit slack :/

4. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I also hate that this great game hasn't an HD version or iPad support... but Capcom one way or an other doesn't like a lot the HD titles as we can see by how many titles has release for iPad.

5. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Do the different characters change the gameplay at all, or do they just look different? Like in Mortal Kombat (I don't own the iOS version becuase I heard this is coming out soon) the characters all have different attacks and things like that.

6. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Totally different. Each character has his own set of moves, combos, skills, etc. Each has his own strength, weaknesses and strategy against different opponent.

Basically, compared to most fighting games, SF4 feels tactical, it doesn't too much on fancy combos chaining, realistic fighting or gore. Watching some youtube clips would help give you an idea.

7. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Thanks! I'll definitely be getting this as soon as possible.

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Alas, no 2nd gen support... :(

9. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    If you're new to SF4, like I was when I got the previous SF4 for iPhone, I strongly recommend you to check out the dojo mode first :)

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Wow! So glad they are doing this right, with intro pricing. And only 99 cents! I'm definitely in for it at that price. No brainer. I'm glad, though, that it's not just Wifi, but also some new characters - I'll probably get crushed online. :)

I like the iOS version of SFIV way more then the console version. The console game (SSFIV) seems to be mostly about who can do the crazy controller gymnastics, less so about strategy. Or at least if you can't do that crazy stuff well, then you have no chance. I guess if I had the patience of ... I don't know what... I could actually play the console game, but I think those days of willingness to endure endless repetition just to be able to do a decent uppercut are over for me. In contrast, the iOS game is fun.

11. FL!ppY

FL!ppY Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Props to CAPCOM for the Introduction sale. Waiting for midnight, and Volt is mine!

12. seleneluna

seleneluna Active Member

Aug 5, 2010
    $4.99(600yen) in Japanese AppSore. What the , Capcom? It should be $0.99(115yen) like everywhere else. You are losing fan base in your home country.

13. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    um..... why do i search street fighter and i saw the street fighter IV which i bought show as 0.99 instead of download?

14. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    BTW, does this have Bluetooth local MP as well as online?

15. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    I spy with my little eye an instant buy!!!

16. GhostOfScythe

GhostOfScythe Member

Jun 5, 2011
    ...It really does seem that some of the people on this website have NEVER played a game before.

I am going to get slammed for making that comment but still, its ridiculous.

17. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Same here in Australian Appstore (it's 30 june already!).

18. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    working on ipt 2g

19. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I think he's just really young. I find it hard to believe that anybody in middle school and beyond who play games have never touched sf let alone sf4.

20. Kplay

Kplay Active Member

Jun 23, 2011
    No universal/HD version = fail.
    Thanks capcom.