iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Jap servers are back up as of last week. Still looks pretty active with big names still playing

2. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Hi guys. I'm getting my fighting fix from sfv these days, but there is always room for volt's training mode in the boring moments.

So I discovered a thing, which you may find trivial, but it's new to me. Example using Vega: press cr.lp and immediately after press forward. The roll comes out without pressing P once more! It works with some other characters too.

Why is this happening? Am I accidentally using negative edge?

3. SnowballTheLamp

SnowballTheLamp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    I love Street Fighter, wondering if I should get it.. yes I am.

4. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Its not accidental, thats how negative edge works. When releasing a button it counts as an input.

5. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Yeah, of course. The "accidental" part is that I can (to some humanly limited extent) see that I release P/K before hitting forward. I think that, because of the low framerate, the negative edge and the input end up happening in the same frame. If you think about it, the time window between press and release of a button ends up being impressively long compared to the 60fps standard on console.

6. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Yes, controls in this are very very lenient, moreso than console. This lets you do some crazy charging tricks like sonic boom, Ultra. Or EX Air Slasher, Ultra. From memory, negative edge works with special moves/supers/ultras but not normals

7. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
  8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Anyone play this game on iOS 10???

9. twinblades1

twinblades1 Member

Jul 15, 2015
    Warehouse Manager
    Oregon
    Can you?

Since Game Center is toast I can't get on anymore lol.

10. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Apple have since removed this game from the appstore, as clearly it wasn't updated for later iOS versions.

I use to have so much fun with this game #

11. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    This is currently on the US app store but don't see anything about updates for iOS 10.....

12. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    So this game hasn't been updated in yooonks. But I can still find games on jap server

13. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    So SFxT servers are getting shut down

14. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai

Some Cammy combos

15. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    I've been wanting to see 4 ex instant cannon strike for a while, thank you!

16. twinblades1

twinblades1 Member

Jul 15, 2015
    Warehouse Manager
    Oregon
    So I just booted up the game and got a prompt that said SFIV Volt isn't gonna work on any new iOS because the dev's have to update the game.

Man this is like the only game I play on my phone lmao

Capcom please.

17. Opiate

Opiate Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Yeah I actually just heard about this game (surprisingly) and was really looking forward to actual real time pvp. Any other fighting games out there that do that? None of this "multiplayer but instead your going to fight AI in their place", but actually fighting another player in real time.

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Nothing in the way of an up to date and decently complex fighting game with realtime multiplayer, sorry! For once I think I can safely appoint myself the voice of nearly an entire group of extremely diverse people (the FGC of TouchArcade) that I've no business speaking for without extensive research when I say that's what we're all waiting for!

Taekwondo Game Global Tournament is our best (and perhaps only) multiplayer candidate for now. It's a bit anemic in terms of variety and mechanical depth, but it is a very polished, well-made, fun game nevertheless!

I don't even know of any specific hope for the future in this regard. If Shadow Fight 3 comes down with a serious case of realtime online multiplayer we might be in a good place for a while. But that's somewhere in between extreme speculation and naive wistfulness on my part.

But I've hope. The Fighting Game Community is nothing if not steadfast in the face of lack of mainstream recognition :D

19. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Hear Hear!! Every new triple A looking fighting game we've gotten for years and years on the app store has been the same crap, different graphics. It's safe to assume that Shadow Fight 3 won't feature real live PVP gameplay, and even if it does, will certainly have various weapons and stat increases causing a less competitive environment. That said, I'm still excited for Shadow Fight 3 since it's another "fighter" to have on the go.

I really wish we would get some scaled back Tekken 7 lite or a Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite, but I think those days of the app store left with Street Fighter Volt and the SNK ports. Speaking of which, I've heard that Garou Mark of the Wolves has online multiplayer, and I'd assume some of the other King of Fighters releases do as well. Again, I have doubts about the liveliness of those communities, but perhaps Opiate should also consider hitting up the SNK iOS library.

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #41480 Ayjona, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Hear, hear right back at ya! :) Agreed on all points. Well, but for my naive hope.

But now I feel a bit silly. The SNK ports actually do offer online multiplayer. And for a little less retro (and a few more frames in animations), King of Fighters-i 2012 actually plays and flows a little more like a modern fighter (even while it does not look like one), with online multiplayer as well.

There is even a free version with ads, so little reason not to spring for it!