iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. evanescent

evanescent Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Did the iOS update completely break Volt or is it just me? When people quit or leave after a match I get stuck and can't leave. Sometimes the game just closes out too,

2. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Yep, I found that too. And funky fonts with 'you have been disconnected' message.

If only we can get the iOS 8 update too

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

It doesn't close out on me for the 9.1 beta 3, but I'm not sure what would cause said problem.

4. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    It's three days that I cannot find a match. It just disconnects after the pairing sound, but my phone is old and still has iOS 6.
    Are you guys sure it's an OS problem? Well, maybe it is the connection of the players I'm paired with that drops because they updated.

5. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    There are small bugs that are definitely present now in this new version of iOS

6. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
  7. evanescent

Jul 19, 2013
    It's weird how a simple game with literally one control that involves punching the screen with your finger at set intervals garners more discussion than Volt.

Also can't find matches. :confused: Some problems I have run into is that game:
    -sometimes force closes during online
    -the connection error prompt sometimes doesn't appear when an opponent quits
    -the matches sometimes don't start, often just a static screen
    -you have to aimlessly tap near the middle of the screen after a match finishes, probably to press the invisible connection error button
    -Sagat

8. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Oh man, we've been dethroned.

But iOS 9 has so many problems. Tried to play some games today and DCed after the first round. And then get sent to online play screen and can't click on anything.

If anything, it's iOS 9 that is killing/killed Volt

9. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    I finally got to play some match two days ago. Connections were meh, but at least it worked.

One idea for a (final?) combo video, somehow inspired by some older stuff by Desk: in Ryu's challenges #1 and #2 is is possible to input super before the hadoken connects and appreciate the super coming out in slo mo (jab jab jab mk hado super for example spaces the dummy enough). It is very cool.

I played around with other characters' challenges too, but with less luck. The problem is that without a nearby friend it is not possible to set a 2 players match and stage the ending.

10. notewar

notewar Active Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Sydney
    Do not upgrade to iOS9.. the new firmware completely broke the game and there is no way to downgrade back to iOS8. After 3-4 years of enjoyment this game..it finally come to an end. I remember reading some forum, forgot the site, that capcom has made an official anncouncement that they has no plan to update SFvolt or any game on the mobile platform in the future. I guess soon it will be taken out of the Appstore.

11. evanescent

Jul 19, 2013
    Yep I usually don't upgrade iOS but it literally kept pestering all day. There wasn't an option to tell it to screw off, I got tired of putting remind me later so I updated and of course volt is ruined and I personally don't like some of the updates like the orientation change even though I have orientation lock on.

12. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Finally this game is over with iOS9, so capcom will release a new version of street fighter!

13. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  14. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Should we start showing some interest via twitter or in some other way?

15. AndreB

AndreB Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    thanks man...that's interesting

16. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    SFxT ios
    SF on the 3ds

they never worked on Volt or Vanilla SFIV for ios

17. twinblades1

twinblades1 Member

Jul 15, 2015
    Warehouse Manager
    Oregon
    I've been playing this allot while I wait for SF5 to drop in February. Prob my favorite fighter in App Store.

I wonder if I've fought any of you. :D

Also it's to bad Capcom is down with this. It would have been interesting playing with Juri on this.

18. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    What's your nick?

Most of us don't play much anymore (I play on jap server), but if you were active before, you might be recognised

19. twinblades1

twinblades1 Member

Jul 15, 2015
    Warehouse Manager
    Oregon
    It's my username here minus the 1 part lol

I get matches almost every time I go online... some less laggy than others. But that's to be expected. Still find great matchups.

At least the network isn't as abysmal as the King Of Fighters app

20. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Ah ok. Don't think I've heard of you around.

You can add me if you want to play some friendlies. GCID: HarlequinRogue