iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was fooling around with M. Bison and Dhalsim and found that you can actually combo his ultra off of his psycho crusher. Very useless, but it does prove that it is still comboable.

2. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    There are a few ultras like M Bison's that have really high juggle points so you can combo into them provided you have enough air time. For example, Fei can do Rekka (aa, trade optional), ultra. For what it's worth, EX Psycho Crusher has really high juggle points to so technically you could do some crazy EX Psycho Crusher, FADC/trade, EX Psycho Crusher stuff

3. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    #41323 zomarz, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Do you guys mean that it is comboable on grounded opponent too?

I've been toying yesterday with the AA juggle:
    jump mp (1 hit), land, jump mp (2 hits), ...
    that's very amusing. Would it be possible to continue with ex crusher, fadc, ex crusher?

EDIT:
    jump mp (1 hit) AA, knee press 1 hit, fadc, ultra works in the corner

4. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Can't work on grounded because you don't get enough air time. Though does work in USF4 (late Psycho Crusher, EX Psycho Crusher, typically after Knee Press knockdown)

Capt swears he did EX Psycho Crusher, FADC, EX Psycho Crusher once. Requires very tricky charging. I have yet to see it with my own eyes.

combo works midscreen, yo.

5. User58394

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm curious what do you guys think of SFV?

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The game looks cool, and I'm happy to see that they took care of the problems people had with SFIV (slow, hard knockdowns were too important, clones, option selects, chip damage killing, etc) and the game looks fun, but I'm worried about its combo system. It looks too simple right now.

7. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    #41328 HarlequinRogue, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Anyone got a training room setup to land devil's reverse/somersault skull diver (aa) into whatever? I can't get it to land in training room

8. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    The first impression wasn't so great, but it looks better every day. Yeah the combo system is simpler, but the characters have many unique abilities. I'm expecting less combo videos, but more interesting gameplay.

9. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Yesterday I found an average player, so the second match I was trying my new awesome Gief, but this guy gets me and starts teabagging every knockdown. So the third match I figured that the favor should be returned, but he quits. I thought we were just having fun.

(Also, let me point out to Inferno that now I know that Gief's green hand can be punished by many things even after fadc.)

10. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    FADC forward dash, right? Zangief's backdash is faster than his forward dash.

11. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    I had the opposite feeling. Cannot fadc back be punished by some stuff like Cammy's ultra?
    I should go to the lab and test.

12. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Cammy ultra is sloow. Ryu's super is 1f and is fast. Probably the fastest punish. EX Rekka is pretty good. 1f and good range. Punishes some hard to punish stuff like EX Sobat

13. notewar

notewar Active Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Sydney
    sorry guys but is there anyway to make this game ultilise full screen of iPhone 6+? When I had iPhone 5s I could used fullforce to make the game stretch to fit the screen, but fullforce for iPhone 6 plus doesnt work. Please help

14. evanescent

evanescent Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    I was playing earlier against a Honda as Chun Li and I was winning against him (shocking I really hate the matchup) and then as I jump to bait one of his throws the game just pauses. The pause is long and I think that it's going to end in an unable to connect message. However, the game resumes and the Honda miraculously inputs his ultra! I think he was able to pause the screen by going to the task manager and waiting. It was really dumb. :confused:

15. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    There are a few players that do this. One that I find often is Joo*15 (or something like this) that manages somehow to freeze the game to a black screen right before the "winning" screen for minutes, forcing me to actually quit. I even find that these "corrupted end" games kind of ruin the performance of the app later on and sometimes it is better to restart it.

Was this Honda player's user spelled in Chinese? If that's it, I also played him and that's his signature technique to land ultra, but I guess he might have followers by now. Btw, he quits if he loses once or twice anyway.

I was under the assumption that they just went back and forth continuously from task manager to game (idk maybe you meant this).

16. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    So I found this the other day:

It amuses me greatly

17. berserk_2nd

berserk_2nd Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Oh boy, this thread still alive...

18. User58394

Oct 23, 2011
    I think I did M.Bison vs M.Bison, set CPU to jump and face your own character out the corner, back against the wall. Devils reverse to ultra I think. Either facing corner or near the corner.

BTW what do you guys think of rising thunder?

19. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Rising Thunder seems to be the go-to game before SFV comes out for real. A few people from TA rae playing it. I know Mooken is playing it