iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. -Inferno-

-Inferno- Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Haha can't wait! I'll probably make Viper my secondary character cause those mixups are crazy! Too bad my execution still sucks and I dropped a lot of combos. Have to watch some old vids of YYOJJO...he had a sick Viper!

2. evanescent

evanescent Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    This hate-mail after I stun his Guile (and he rage quits) even though I was apparently turtling against a Guile. Turtling against Guile? :confused: turtling but I still manage to stun him? :confused: Volt online, stay classy. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. evanescent

Jul 19, 2013
    Also can't find any ranked matches within North America area. I try to find some Friemdly matches, but I'm never matched with anyone. I guess there is window of time where everyone is online. :eek:

4. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Is this the guy whose strategy is to sonic boom all time, air grab if you jump and attempts to come in only if not leading with little time left?

5. evanescent

Jul 19, 2013
    I'm pretty sure he is! :D
    He only approached me because I was able to gain super meter quicker, and absorbed his sonic booms to gain ultra meter. His comment said "Sim, Viper ###"

6. nashberry

nashberry Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I remember he have a styling Guile though~ and a good DeeJay too~

Haha~ getting hate mail is like getting trophy~ XD

7. evanescent

Jul 19, 2013
    60% of my ranked matches are people quitting on me, because I win. 40% are me being matched up with the same person who quit so I leave the match before it even starts. Feels like a waste of time even playing, knowing that I can't even finish a match. :mad:
    Also this rage mail was beautiful, lots of cussing. Beware. :cool:

Attached Files:

8. evanescent

Jul 19, 2013
    His guile seemed boring lol. Nothing out of the ordinary, didn't get to play his Dee Jay.

9. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Gonna release some combo vids very soon! Just fyi!

10. evanescent

Jul 19, 2013
    Looking forward to it!!!

11. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Same here. Your new friend is a gentleman. What Nash says is true, each time they quit is a victory.
    Yesterday I got the complaint from a good Cody: "this is a fighting game, not tennis", to which I replied: "what i did is called zoning, what you did is called quitting".

12. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Is it me or is the direction that Rising Thunder and SFV are heading into very similar to Volt?

13. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    For the simpler input business and the longer link windows, you are right. Volt however still retains the SF4 heritage of confirming into jabs, that I don't see in Rising Thunder and SFV.

14. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Well Rising Thunder still has chainable lights. I don't see anything wrong with that. I guess there is a large move towards target combos though

15. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Didn't know about the chainable lights!

It interesting the idea of the cooldown time for specials, which is probably there to avoid one-button spamming. A potential option could be a stamina bar like in action games such as Dark Souls (sort of the one of MKX, but with more stuff depending on it), but the risk is too indulge in a game that favors a very defensive style. I hope RS gets some attention and ends up ported on consoles and/or iphone.

16. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Saw a quote saying they wanted it on PC because mobile gaming is too restrictive for them

17. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Hope that street fighter 5 mobile is going to be like Mortal Kombat X mobile, touch screen is perfect on that!

18. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Do you also want to get rid of buttons?

19. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Seriously, how do you accept game invites? I get the notification banner, but if I tap on it it opens either game center or the appstore.

20. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Without buttonS screen visibility is better!