iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    GGs 3CD

I knew you wanted to ultra the headbutt meant to chip you down, but I couldn't resist testing your reaction. :)
    Also, I'm sick of meaty spirals and cammy being a fast holy sh!t grappler.

2. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Ahhahah I'm waiting for iPhone 5 update too!

3. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Ya, still play this kinda.. Anyone wanna play (or beat up on me most likely? :/):confused:

4. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    To the Honda experts:
    st.hp -> fadc -> command grab
    Could this have any use?

I've seen people doing
    hands -> facd -> command grab
    so this last one is expected more and could be good to mix them up.

5. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Hit me up (almost) any time

6. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    kinda slow. FADC command grab is a pretty costly reset.

Give it a try? But I think tick throw setups are generally better. Also keep in mind E Honda is probably my worst character. I have no idea how to play him and I can vortex with any except for him

7. DuysterTheBeast

DuysterTheBeast Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    What is st hp?
    You can link anything with fadc such like hundred hands, low p, stand p, stand kick, low kick, lower forward kick lower forward p, even head butt at the first when it starts.
    Unless u need too. ex head butt is always the key for Honda so don't waste it on fadc

8. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    St.hp is just the standing P.

9. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    HHS is +2 on hit. If you FADC, you don't get any frame advantage so you can't link anything after it

10. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Anybody wanna play?

11. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    It really pisses me off that we have not seen a proper update for the black bars or even a new app. It's been almost 3 years now since we have had 4 inch screens. Smh

12. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    It's probably a misunderstanding. Anyway, the point is obviously *not* linking, but resetting the damage. I'd say that against most players it is better to save meter for the ex headbutt, after all we are in a 1-button srk game. However, against an sp off player or anybody at higher level, any "fadc into grab" strategy is a good one with honda.

13. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I'm havin trouble beating Sagat, Zangief, Boxer, Blanka And a few others, someone wanna help?

With Yun against a good player it's pretty much impossible, my Cody isn't good enough and My Ryu just can't get the job done either..

Then when I use Sagat or Blanka I still loose cuz I don't have the exp. with them :/

I wish there were still alot of people playing cuz i really need the practice etc.. With these match ups.. Seems like this place has become deserted :/

14. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Yeah, the online is a bit deserted later. I generally play friendly a bit at 11pm here in GMT+1, that should be 3pm in your time zone if I'm not mistaken. We generally had decent connection, so I'll try to send you an invite next time and see what happens.

I don't really have good tips for any Yun's matchup other than "try to do what Tenonez does".

15. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Which characters in particular vs them? Or those matchups in particular? I can give some general advice:

Sagat:
    weakness is on wakeup and his bad backdash. His throw is really bad so if you can pressure them with wakeup pressure, that seems to be the best way. Then when he gets 2 bars and ultra you need to be very careful. So play lame or make him burn his meter with impatience

Blanka:
    His only 1f invincible reversals are EX upball and super/ultra. So if he doesn't have meter, meaty him on wakeup. Blanka's also tend to rely on EX Upball, so bait those out when he has meter. Please don't do meaties when Blanka has ultra.

Zangief:
    A matchup that warps the meta and everyone's approach. If you have a fireball, play lame, don't eat EX greenhand and find a good aa button. If you don't have a fireball, learn to aa and utilise a good far range poke eith many active frames (e.g. s.HK with Bison/Chun. With Vega you can use cr.MP for a poke and s.HK for aa). If you character has a good backdash, abuse the crap out of that. Sometimes if you don't, sometimes a far travelling EX move may suffice such as EX Ruffian Kick, EX Sobat, EX Chicken Wing.

Balrog
    Don't throw unsafe slow fireballs. Even be careful throwing too many when they have meter. Don't crouch, especially if you're blocking jabs. Learn to punish headbutt on block. That thing is -1, so a poorly timed normal may not even punish. so go for your 1f uppercut or a throw.

side note: I see your requests! Check game centre to see if I'm online. Next week I will be more free to play. I will try to hit you up if I see you

16. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    GGs 3CD
    Too bad the connection became crap after a couple of matches.

17. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    What is the framedata for linking cr.lp into cr.mk or cr.hp with Ryu?
    I assumed that (since I heard that the game runs at 20fps) they should have about the same frame window, but linking cr.hp feels so much easier.

Reply that treats me like a kid/noob in 3... 2... 1...

18. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    cr.LP is +1 on hit

19. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Ok, but doesn't it feel easier to link cr.hp after?
    Are both game and graphics engines running at 20fps?

20. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #41260 Darth Ronfar, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Where's everybody? :(

Well, I posted alot of wins against semi ok people I think with Yun and Cody mostly... There's alot so if anyone wants to check some out and give me some pointers..

I finally beat a Ryu with Yun... Yay...I dunno I think My Cody might be better at this point?

Also, if anyone available to player me know...

Ya... I've watched alot of Tenonez vids and man he's just amazing... I was wondering with his skill level why doesn't he ever execute the fake Kobkushi( down back Hold P)

I was messin around with it in practice and got alot of characters to over commit either there Super or Ultra and led mostly to successful blocks... I think it could have other uses to going right out of it into another move or even going right into Yun's Genji Super combo etc... I think it's probly a really under used tactic..most likely only at the most advanded levels of play.