iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    When am I gona play anyone again? I think I'm getting better :/ I Dunno?:rolleyes:

2. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Find me. I'm usually playing jap server these days, but I'll be happy to switch over

3. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Another important data point. If you have more than 2068 BP than they do, you get 1 BP per win. (2 per win if you have 2067 more)

4. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Thank you for this data. Apparently they don't fit the model, but I think the reason is that when two players are at two very different "levels", the game might use different coefficients. Also, the numbers that I gave were working well for both players in the range (about) 500-2000 BP in which I took the data.

It looks like, from these numbers, that the player with higher points gets them with a weight about W=1000, rather than 2250. I'm tempted to believe that there are a number of thresholds (for example 0-2000, 2000-4000, etc) at which different coefficients apply (both when the players are in the same range, or not). This apparently is done in chess (grandmasters fight over single points). It also makes backward engineering the formula incredibly painful, so I guess it'd be easier to just scavenge through the app code and find the actual function...

Interestingly in chess strong old players act as point storage units: when they are old they become technically overrated and start losing against younger players, thus effectively distributing points in the system. We'll talk about that in 30 yrs probably.

5. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    I feel that the rating system is linearly based.

Interestingly what I'm seeing is that the equilibrium of BP depends on the population size. When BN was was busiest, the good players could maintain 3k+ BP. On Jap server now, good players can only achieve about 2.8k+ bp

6. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I wonder if this game will ever get updated.

7. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    there is a new version of the game but its only on the Korean app store and has some features that kills the essence of Street Fighter unless you play arcade mode which needs coins (real money). Also the fact that all the servers are in korea, playing online is close to impossible.

8. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    Unfortunately it is understandable. Not many new players arrive and inject points in the system because the app is quite old. Also, from their point of view it must be awful, because the "average" player now is quite decent compared to 3-4yrs ago standard. It really is a bit steep to enter now, we've seen it from the comments of the newcomers here too.

Also, the one time I played ranked this year I consistently found players with about 500-600BP. They were decent, would take my points sometimes, but ragequit when losing (thus explaining their low BPs). I don't really care about this at this point (for real!), but I can see that they've taken a lot of my BPs due to the high differential, just to waste them by RQ in one stroke.

I guess only a new game/app would revamp interest (like sf5), but if capcom does like the other franchises it might not be a fighting game at all.

9. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    So what's the current tech for iphone 6 video capture if you are not jailbroken?

10. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    #41210 CaptYadierPR, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    If you have a mac you can do this for free (video with mic and no game sound):
    http://www.howtogeek.com/199732/how-to-record-a-video-of-your-iphone-or-ipad%E2%80%99s-screen-from-your-mac/

If not then one of these options with $$$ (video with game sound):
    https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming
    OR
    http://gamerzone.avermedia.com/game_capture/live_gamer_portable

Also there's this for non jail broken devices and its free but its old so i don't know if it still works. Lets you install iRec and/or Shou through an emulator (Video without sound and possibly mic):
    http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-to/record-your-ipads-iphones-screen-no-jailbreak-computer-required-0156864/

The options that don't have the sound you have to record the game sound separately with a audio cable from your phone to your computer and using programs like Adobe Audition, Soundtrack Pro, The Basic PC "Sound Recorder", etc etc. Then you just sync the sound with your video editing program.

Edit: I use Display Recorder on my jailbroken iphone for fun and when i want to make a video i use ElGato hardware + software. That new Yosemite + iOS 8 Feature seems really good though (doesnt need jailbreak or any kind of software + hardware).

11. DuysterTheBeast

DuysterTheBeast Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    good game bro good to see somebody from TA still active

12. zomarz

zomarz Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Researcher
    Germany
    So it was you! Your Sakura destroyed my chars with all those counter hits. I started picking random at the beginning, but it was pretty clear that I didn't know what to do with Abel.

13. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Yo GGs last time, that time we played wife was around so had to keep it short to a few games.

14. DuysterTheBeast

DuysterTheBeast Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    Yeah i forgot how much fUn sakura can be, so i just picked her and been playing her for couple days now. Not too bad if u get the basics down. Good mix ups resets traps etc...

Yo capt lets do more chunli mengggg

15. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
  16. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Work on your BNBs. You have 2 main BNBs, cl.MK, Shoulder, f+p(, ex shoulder in corner). The other is cr.LK x2, Target Combo 1 xx upkicks (or palm/shoulder on block). After raw ultra followup with lunge punch if you are outside the corner.

In the makoto matchup in general, use those backdashes to avoid pressure! Yun has a good backdash. Also, no need to continually do divekicks from max height. Mix up the point you do it to be less predictable.

17. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #41217 Darth Ronfar, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Thanks for the games :/

I tried to keep but meh... Guess I'm not use to playing good players...

(Stupid I win with Blanka :/)

I wanna say I'm getting better but I dunno I'm playing like 10 diff characters... Oh well

I still had fun.. :)

Oh ya also I wanted say like you know how I would do good or win one round? And then you'd come back and rape me is that cuz u already picked up on my mistakes etc... From say that one round? ( or am I'm just looking to far into it?)

Anyways, any less skilled or new players out there?

18. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    QUestion: how often do you people try to counterpoke people? What are your favourite buttons to counterpoke with?

When I play gief, I think s.MP is a great button to poke with. It has good range and is quick.
    With cammy, s.MK is a good button.
    In shoto mirrors, the obvious is cr.MK vs cr.HK counterpoking.

19. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    So am I...still waiting...for this game's next updating...

So I assume Adon is still not in the game, ja?

20. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    I actually really want Dan and Rufus in the game. They would be awesome to play