Street Fighter IV: Champion Edition

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Boardumb, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    My take on that, since none of their PR they sent had ANY details so I sort of have to speculate, is that the Skillz version will be separate from SFIV:CE. My reason for believing that is 1)The only major existing iOS game to get a Skillz version AFAIK is Zen Pinball, and they released that separately from the existing Zen Pinball app, and 2)All the Skillz stuff mentions Beeline specifically, while all the SFIV:CE stuff has been associated with Capcom Mobile. Technically, those are supposed to be the same thing and long ago they were supposed to ditch the Beeline name completely in favor of Capcom Mobile, but as of right now the Beeline name exists mostly to publish the super casual free to play stuff and Capcom Mobile is more or less just Capcom but on the App Store. For example, all the Mega Man mobile ports and the recent arcade ports like 1942 etc were repped as Capcom Mobile releases but are simply under the Capcom name in the App Store.

I believe the Skillz Street Fighter could possibly be the Street Fighter II Collection but with the Skillz stuff added in, as that game is tremendously outdated and is the only SF game left that hasn't been updated in more than 5 years. The Skillz angle could breathe new life into it while also giving them a reason to update and maintain it, and simultaneously catch the nostalgia crowd who grew up with the original Street Fighters but didn't really keep up with the series since.

Again, this is all speculation and could be totally wrong but that's where I'm at given all the information we've got so far.

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Wait, I'm confused... the Skillz stuff is associated with F2P. Does this mean our praying is not good enough? Should we start making sacrificial offerings? I'm scared

3. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Yea i have to agree with you, thats why i posted on reddit that "its just speculation". After exploring Beeline's website/apps and the same with SkillZ i started to think the same way. Its probably just another street fighter game, but the article says its a new street fighter game, and SFIV: CE releases this summer 2017. The announcement to their partnership was right after CE's announcement and Capcom mobile posted the article on their website too.

We can only wait until one of them is released.

4. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I have crossed all my fingers and said my prayers and I hope that this game is premium. I will absolutely crap myself if this has ftp shenanigans. I personally believe that if the screens we saw are really the game then all they did was use the same game and added characters and bigger screen support, which would mean that it should be premium as that was a premium game. Also I don't mind to pay a premium price for the app and then a small fee for added characters down the road. I'm calling a $9.99 price point. What's everyone else's take

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Holy crap guys. I went to download volt to try it again and it's not in the App Store. Sorry if this has been spoken about. Maybe it's coming like very soon

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'd gladly pay 20 or more dollars for a good iOS fighting game with well-implemented and well-supported online multiplayer (all qualities I'm pre-emptively assigning to Champion Edition ;) ).

I think your estimated price point is on point! And yeah, I hope Capcom sells expansions/characters/season passes and even costumes* down the winding tibetan temple road, all to increase the long-term viability of the game.

* An addition that would have been much more appealing with a more drastic update to the graphical engine to bring it up to mobile par with modern Street Fighter titles (or Ultra Street Fighter II for Switch, or even a more polished SFxTekken for iOS) and the actual capacity of our devices.

7. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Will this game be optimized for iPhone 6 resolution or iPhone 5 resolution?

8. ~[KaBoom]~

~[KaBoom]~ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    student
    Lol this forum turning into some kinda satanic cult...

BRING FORTH THE BLOOD OF A THOUSAND RAGE QUITTERS!!!

9. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    From the screens the game has the same resolution of Volt and knowing the lazy programmers of capcom the game is going to be like volt plus three new chars! Updating the Volt app?? No because capcom want to sell an old 5 years game at a full price!!!

10. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    according to the article its been updated for new phone screens.

11. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    All 32 bit apps have been taken away from the app store search engine. Capcom is relaunching Volt again with new characters and a few updates this summer. Coincidence? i think not. They were probably already aware that this would happen and needed one of their best selling apps to still be available for purchase.

12. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    Exactly, is not a coincidence, the game is going to show the same engine, with bad support to wide screen and three chars! Capcom should update the Volt app free!

13. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    There were changes from the Vanilla SF app to Volt. I assume there will be more changes.

I'm happy to pay to support Capcom to get a new app with more features and I'm sure most people would too

14. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    Me too if more features is going to be implemented! Look at the last capcom titles on IOS like Megan's series or ghost and goblins(bad controls, glitches ecc)!

15. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Like others have already said - they are prob making this because they don't want to update Volt and once ios 11 comes bolt will seize to work.

I hope this goes premium

16. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    TouchArcade community opened a thread about Volt discussing improvements about new characters and others but Capcom never considered this, and now to evitate their best app was canceled give us the same game! They are ridiculous!!

17. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I agree with you it would be great to have an updated version of volt instead but I'm happy to at least have a working game then nothing.

I just hope they make this premium

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, that game you bought for a dollar 6 years ago should be updated for free forever. And people wonder why almost all new releases are free to play.

19. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    I bought for 7,99$! And I would like to pay 20$ for a new street fighter game not the same game I bought 6 years ago! Considering the quality of the last capcom' titles on IOS I have low expectations but probably I'm wrong!