Universal Street Fighter IV Champion Edition (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Jul 12, 2017.

1. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Hey Cyrus, welcome back! No more chatroom like your signature, but we have Discord. Check my signature and join us

2. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Just play few online match, lag is still high but is quite playable! This is the best game in AppStore! Unifying this thread with Volt's thread??? In practice is the same game not? And Volt is going to be pulled in a month!

3. Nut

Nut Active Member

Jun 24, 2015
    How does Room ID pairing work? Tried on two phones multiple times but never work.

4. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Where did you all hear that $4.99 is a launch price? Just wondering how long it'll last.

5. yogg sarons cousin

Feb 9, 2017
    Bought ...saw the graphics...deleted, how does this exist in a time of injustice 2 and transformers

6. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Because those games condense the combat down to tap tap swipe (where it's still a data hog but only enough to make those lifeless models move somewhat) whereas this game is a true fighting game with all the range and speed of the animations to make the combat of the SF series work on iOS.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    LOL

That is all.

8. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    I personally like the graphics because it makes the game truly playable on the go. No need to plug it in or to save battery because it doesn't really drain it or heat up my phone. On injustice I'm down half my battery in a few matches with my phone feeling like it's about to blow up.

9. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Injustice is garbage. Its a fighting game my 7 year old can play.

10. escargon2

escargon2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Studies. No math, promise.
    Sweden
    Where is the vs mode? Where you can select an ai to fight against? You know its like arcade but you choose who you fight against for one match selecting difficulty to train against other fighters.

Am i blind? If its not ingame, will it be added later?

Thanks.

11. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Consider it like a retrogame, the graphic was old in 2010 too when the first street fighter 4 for iOS came out! Screen selection chars and picturse are in HD resolution like console version:)! Game is not only graphic and this title show how a serious beat'em must be, not like a swipe game(mortal kombat x or injustice)!

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #152 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    True, but I admit that I'd like a bit of animations in the background, as in the original SF2: people moving the arms up and down, dancing, chickens moving, cyclists passing by... Easy animations. What I really love compared to the original SF2 is the zoom in and out as in the Art of Fighting saga.

I just bought the SNK pack of 9-10 games, and even though most of them need the iOS 11 upgrade (which let's be honest, I don't think they'll get...), there are also true fighters there: King of Fighters, Garou, Samurai Shodown... If you're not planning on updating to iOS 11, you should have a look at those too.

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Pocketgamer's coverage of SFIVCE continues to baffle me.

"Street Fighter IV is a solid beat 'em up that works pretty well on mobile."

"Street Fighter 4: Champion Edition doesn't really work on mobile."

"…quite frankly the controls just aren't good enough. I've yet to manage to pull off a dragon punch on purpose. Hadoukens are patchy at best, and good luck getting anywhere near to pulling off Zangief's throws that require you to input a full circle."

"The touch controls might not be up there with a proper controller, but they work well enough."

Well… which is it? Nobody knows! So helpful! And a major mobile gaming website saying a fully featured premium $5 game is "far too expensive" is just depressing. I guess they'd just rather all games be free to play?

Sorry for the rant it's just… like I said, baffling.

14. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Articles on Pocket Gamer should come with a warning that says "WARNING: Reading this might give you cancer". Surprisingly enough, those comments you mentioned come from a writer and not one of the banned TA rejects that make up their App Army.

15. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Agreed. These guys have horrible coverage

16. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Can someone explain to me how to use the combo meter on the SP combos to make it EX?

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    From a journalist point of view, you can be for or against a game, or like or dislike it, or even give arguments for and against something, but use the same argument for both things at the same time is simply pathetic. There's a basic in all journalism: read an article several times to detect these incongruences and correct them.

Anyway, I already stopped giving too much credit to PG's reviews long time ago because of these details...

18. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Yes, I know that I suck at this game, but it annoys me that there isn't a setting that ensures that players without MFI-controllers only get matched with players without them. It's not fair competition at all. Am I the only one thinking this ?

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Even though MFI controllers help a lot, I think the 1-button mega combos and special moves make things much easier with touch-only input. I think it's worse in Asphalt 8: I've seen perfect runs which can only be achieved with perfect turning, i.e. analog mfi input. I play with on-screen steering wheel, which is my "best" method since the Logitech Powershell is useless for Asphalt, and even though I get excellent times on that one, I'm always 3-4 seconds behind the top players. At least in SFIVCE you have 1-button combos. I don't think it's so bad...

20. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    You are absolutely right about the 1-button combos. But I think it would be more fair for both parts if there at least was an option to match with equal control type.