Universal Street Fighter IV Champion Edition (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    When I try to join the TA team, I'm told that "A system error has occurred". Anyone else had the same experience, and more pertinently, know of a way around it? :)

2. Admiral Bison

Admiral Bison Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    This is what I've been asking for so long.
    Why can't there be a "port" and downgrade from there instead of a mobile-esq version.

Bioshock was/is probably the greatest example.

3. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Glorified street fighter volt. Sigh. Where's a kickass version of street fighter 5. I got an 1100 dollar iPhone that can handle anything they make. Why a new version of IV four years later. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    It's just the update to Volt that should have come 4 years ago. But oh well, it's the only real fighting game on iOS.

5. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Despite all the complaints here, the game is a blast to play!

6. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I've just remembered that I have Street Fighter IV for 3DS. Compared these two (didn't buy iOS version, youtube video was enough) and 3DS version has actual 3D models and the game is 60FPS. Another thing that amazes me is it finds online opponent instantly.

7. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    In the info Capcom stated that the controller don't work in the game menu and that it will work when fighting
    which Iphone/Ipad did u use?

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I tried my old MOGA Rebel and it works... for like 10 seconds. Seems, for me, using Bluetooth freezes my game every time

9. wolfhammerr

wolfhammerr New Member

May 19, 2011
    I tried using my Steelseries Nimbus controller and it does not appear to be working correctly with the game.

10. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Just tried a few games with an iPhone 6 iOS 10 with a fullsized mad catz controller and it's pretty descent. I can pull of special moves with it. The only odd is not to be able to control the menus with the mfi controller. Really bad design decision and awkward to need to tap around with the controller in the way. Pls change that dear capcom. And I agree that it's more of an update of the geriatric volt which is almost a ittle bit to late to the party. But it's still a good fighting game. Next time I hope for an more modern approach which the platform and its machines deserves.

11. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    The game is very good imho! It seems more smooth compared to Volt(iPhone 6)! Graphic is not the maximum for the new generation devices but the game is fun to play! A 3ds port would be appreciated but for 5 bucks the game is worth!

12. ~[KaBoom]~

~[KaBoom]~ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    student
    I have an opposite opinion on the animations... I feel like the moves come out slower and the controls are delayed for a little bit. Say the same jump-ins by the same characters... in Volts I have no problem timing my anti-air but in CE I kinda have to time it a lot earlier to work... which of course would is disastrous with lag

13. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Boooooo. Street fighters not so glorious comeback. Aren't we done with 4. Where's 5

14. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Yea this is main thread

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Player stats (beyond the Facebook rankings), unlocks and earnings do not carry over between devices via Game Center or Facebook on my iPhone and iPad. Unless this is a rare bug, this implies they might not be saved in the cloud at all and will be lost forevah if CE is ever deleted/the device is lost.

For a game that clearly aims to build a competitive community and encourage players to see their profile as an important element of progression and representation, the absence of a proper account system is weird. Well, would have been from most developers.

16. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Yeah I was really surprised at the amount of complaints and for 5 bucks wasn't expecting much. I set my expectations low, not due to it being on a tablet/phone but due to the price.

As for me, I feel this was money well spent. I like it better than the much more expensive version I purchased on the Nintendo switch.

17. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow so much negative feedback. I never played Volt but decided to jump on this. With MFi (only way I've played it), I am really digging this. TA's review states it perfectly about 2D models with shaders instead of 3D renders. I was a bit disappointed at framerate....I think what Capcom did here is actually decrease some of the animation frames in order to keep the speed of play to control input. I don't feel a lag getting my characters to pull off they're moves, it's just the loss in framerate gives the eye an impression that you're moving slower. Yes I would love to see an update with higher frame-rate, but as-is, this is an excellent port to iOS. I'm not disappointed in the $5 I spent ####

18. Akantor

Akantor Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Enjoying the game so far. For the $5 you can't beat the roster of characters and the general nostalgia. I'll look forward to the additional characters. Online matches have also been surprisingly fun and generally error free. ##

19. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I enjoy the game immensely. It's the best fighting game on iOS. It's not perfect but it's fun. I wish they had better graphics, at least for the background, but in no way does it take away from my enjoyment.

20. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Does it run on iPhone 5, and if it does how well?