Universal Street Fighter IV Champion Edition (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Jul 12, 2017.

1. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    #61 giantfart12, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    How's the FPS run on iphone 6? Also are the virtual controls like the ones in Marvel vs capcom 2? I never really got into SF before but really enjoy games like Injustice and Mortal Kombat so I'm looking to check this out. Thanks!

Edit: Also how is the battery life? Does it drain fast?

2. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    If my memory serves me right yes its similar to MvC 2, but theres less buttons, so it feels much less clustered.

I think some people are just too demanding towards ''fps'' on my 6s plus i see absolutely no problem, my coworker is playing on a 6 plus and feels everything is fine too.

As for battery life, so far it looks decent, it doesnt drain a lot, looks like its draining about as much as Clash Royale for me.

3. Greenzxy

Greenzxy New Member

Jul 12, 2017
    The frame rate is the same across the board for all phones. The game rums at a smooth frame rate, the characters are intentionally animated in a more stop motion procedure, but it's not the actual FPS itself.

4. giantfart12

Oct 5, 2015
    Cool, thanks!

5. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    When I try to join the team it tells me a system error occurred. Is it full already?

I'm so rusty but good to have the upgraded version to play around with.

6. giantfart12

Oct 5, 2015
    What is the size of the game installed?

7. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #67 Jibba, Jul 12, 2017
    1.6 gb.

8. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Anyone know this?

9. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Actually... thats a good question, i was under assumption it was linked to gamecenter ?

On my iCloud settings theres nothing about SFIV, so im pretty sure it doesnt use iCloud at least.

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I've been pondering this as well. I think that if they did make a new game from scratch, or even if they took the console game and downgraded it to run on mobile similar to what they did on 3DS, you'd still need to sell it in the $20-30 range, and there's just not that kind of market on mobile. At five bucks you can grab impulse buys from even casual SF fans.

If they did make a SF from scratch for mobile I can almost guarantee it would be a free to play gacha game like Injustice, something that can bring in ongoing revenue and amass TONS of players by being free. Which would be really cool and I'd totally play that, but it's not a replacement for a traditional fighting game.

So at the end of the day I'm happy with what they've done with CE, I mean they could have just done nothing and let the old SF apps die, and for five bucks it's a no brainer for fans of the old games.

11. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Amen to that.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ha ha ha...first impressions.. BS! Tried twice to connect to free match, disconnected then tried three times to connect to ranked, same..disconnected. I have the best WIFI money can buy.

13. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Happens often to me as well, I find that loading my profile page before looking for a match seems to help a bit (maybe a game center sync issue), when it does connect though 90% of my match ran buttersmooth.

14. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    The release wait sucked, but the game is pretty damn legit.

About things like the backgrounds, yeah they aren't pretty but additional graphics and animations would kill battery life even more.

15. 3god

3god Member

Jul 2, 2017
    This. It certainly is jarring and takes a bit of getting used to though. A 20 FPS fighting game shouldn't even be a thing...but Volt/CE is still fun regardless.

16. CyberData4

CyberData4 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    That's pretty much it. "Gamers" aren't willing to spend 20$ USD on a mobile video game. Sure, they'll grab a game for free and spend far more money on gems, stamina packs and all that Gatcha crap but 25$ for a standalone game? Absolutely not. It's just the reality of the mobile game industry.

17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So, I finally got into some ranked matches. As blue rocket said above, "legit"!

I have had one match freeze up, went right back into the app and was instantly facing the same opponent.

As someone who missed out on Volt, I must say I'm glad to have this game in my life.

18. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Another reason why I bought PS4 Pro.. PSVR...

The state of mobile ever since FTP has been true garbage.

Colin was Right did a awesome episode on the state of mobile and he hit the nail on the head....

It's a shame because I had some amazing amazing gaming times on iOS.

19. Marty6

Marty6 Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Why not years ago??

Good game so far. It is a good Volt update. Still, why was this not done at the release of iPhone 5??
    Kind of a weird experience to play a 4 years delayed update.

20. Marty6

Marty6 Member

Jun 21, 2017
    #80 Marty6, Jul 12, 2017
    Also, will this TA thread be the main place for all things SFIVCE? I didn't follow many threads the literal 5 years I regularly played Volt. Sometimes it seemed Volt had little to no internet presence. A vibrant community for CE I would really welcome! Maybe there will be a better Reddit? Or maybe somewhere else?