Universal Street Fighter IV Champion Edition (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Jul 12, 2017.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Lol, I thought the same but didn't bother replying... :p

2. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    If you delete the game and reinstall am I right in saying that all data including online will also be deleted and non recoverable?

3. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    @SmashBerry Sheesh, Butthurt much? How old are you anyway? 9? Because from your "ranting" on "noobs" that's just what you sound like... (Inevitably waiting for the reply "Yeah I know what you are, but what am I?"...)

4. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    It’s replicant, nexus 6, old series#! Anyway, I’m glad to see Capcom is continue working on this title and the new chars are cool, especially Jury! I hope they add a filter to improved the jagged edges of the chars!

5. SmashBerry

SmashBerry Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2017
  6. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    Yeh I butthurt ppl lots. If you can’t tell from all the RQ at 70% of my games.. I wouldn’t be so PO’d if I could finish games and avoid wasting my effort and time.

I guess you don’t see the big deal of RQ and do likewise ??

I’m old enough to have played Killian and John Choi back in OG SSF2T (for whatever that is worth).

Honestly I don’t really care if ppl RQ, I just wish I knew in advance so I don’t try so hard or at least avoid the match. It’s obviosly NOT “just a game” to RQers otherwise they wouldn’t get so emotional over a dinky loss.

7. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    update is live!!! downloading now

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    A solution to RQ's has been adopted. Upgrade now ;)

9. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    CHANGES (besides the partial RQ solution)
    - Evil Ryu can no longer low kick to Ultra
    - Evil Ryu f+K recovery longer
    - Yun b+K recovery longer
    - Gief splash active frames far far less
    - Dhalsim throw n free attack bug fixed
    - Gouken b+K freeze fixed

QUESTIONS
    Dudley throw escape bug remains ??
    What’s those medals on the intro screen stats block ?? Do you lose that if you RQ (and thus ppl can see before match ?)
    Will they nerf Elena’s frames ?? OMG

10. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    MEDALS on VS screen.

GOLD = zero RQ
    SILVER = up to 3 RQ in last 20
    BRONZE = ??

This plus AI Takeover during RQ is a good dual solution.

SO DONT PLAY anyone with a none Gold medal.

11. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Can anyone answer this?

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    And what happens if my connection sucks and crashes mid-match? Would that be considered RQ?

13. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Please update this great game and up the frame rate. I got street fighter on my ps vita that looks and runs way better these this. Why can't my 1000 phone look as good and play as smooth?

14. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    I know the answer but didn’t bother replying..
    ;)

15. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    Your UL replays and medals are stored online.

If you delete and reinstall, ONLY whatever is stored on your MyCard gets reset to zero:
    BP, Win-Loss, Icons, Titles, Usage Stats.
    Any replays on your device and not UL is also lost.

Online data is only lost when you reset your whole device and “Set Up New Idevice”.. Your device reset will send you to a new online homepage.

16. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Will steal some of these when I write up more about the patch.

Solid change to Gief's body splash. I felt it, but wasn't sure.

Dudley throw escape bug was fixed last version.

What's the issue with Elena's frames? Wonky hitbox?

17. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    The shotos have their low (med) kick stubbed BIG TIME !! Their kicking feet are cleanly overlapping my character almost to the ankle, yet no hit !!

Elena has some crazy frame advantage AND they gave her the Healing Ultra. DAMN. When she is low on life, damage scaling favors her and when she is ready to heal she does.

Oh look it’s Volt OG Harle. Nice to see you. Bring back the days when this forum was a technical wealth of IOS SF.. Lately it’s been noobs asking for magic solutions or when will updates be released...

18. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Oh, I'm always here. But most of the talk has moved to discord or whatsapp.

I haven't tested the shotos, but quite a few characters have deceiving hitboxes. Poison's cr.HK should reach out a lot further but it doesn't.

Only one move had it's damage changed and with the change to Zangief's FBA, I would be inclined to believe you that other hitboxes got changed.

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I can’t wrap my head around this design decision. The idea that you will loose nearly all your progression and stats in an online game if your device is stolen, breaks or if you for some reason have to temporarily delete the game is one we have not had to contend with for the better part of a decade. Even if you don’t care a whit for titles and icons or don’t mind unlocking that stuff again, your stats and match history IS your online identity in a game where player names are not unique. And can be an integral part of playing an online game with a (semi)competitive mindset. It’s a form of progression that can be much more rewarding than cosmetic items or even content unlocks, and can be a really fun addition to the game even for players who care almost excklusively for the actual fights.

And loosing your actual rank is just unforgivable. (Your old profile remains in the rankings when you reinstall, but you can no longer contribute to its stats or ranked position.)

This also makes playing SFIV CE much less appealing to play across two separate devices, since you’ll be playing from two separate profiles (even if they share name, icon, title, etc), with separate positions in the ladder, etc.

Not safeguarding any of this information, or enabling it to sync across multiple devices, is one of the strangest feature omissions I’ve seen in any game.

20. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    #420 SmashBerry, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    I dunno how they manage to do this. Create new bugs/glitches where there weren’t any previously..

GUY
    During a round AFTER GUY USES HIS ULTRA...
    When opponent launches an Ultra FB (Ryu, E Ryu, Sakura) Guy is totally free to walk/dash OFF SCREEN during the black screen animation (provided he is not recovering from a move during this)..

The result is a magic bushin teleport for Guy ahead or behind his position by the time the normal screen comes back. Its like time stood still for the Ultra FB user, but not for Guy... BUSHIN MAGIC.

HEY favorite question lately.... When is the next update coming ?
    :rolleyes: