Universal Street Fighter IV Champion Edition (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Someone tell me how to deal with ibuki spam against blanks please. I'm off/off btw. Its as if I can't even press a button. I've tried electro shocking out of it but it won't come out. I've tried up ball but it too won't come out. I can block it but then its as if I can't move after a second.

2. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Electricity is actually a slow reversal. It only catches really badly timed stuff. EX Vertical Roll is your 1f reversal. Ultra is 2f.

The generic advice for Ibuki is to block Ibuki, not the kunai. My own tip is you should tech out if their knockdown is target combo into j.HK

3. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Also adding to Harle's suggestions, Blanka's super beats it too. Have you tried sliding out of it?

4. ivwshane

Oct 7, 2011
    I don't think I've tried sliding out. I have tried dashing and hoping but neither worked.

This seems like a balancing issue to me. I get spammed from the beginning of the match and I'm pretty much stuck with no meter and no ultra for over half of the match.

5. SmashBerry

SmashBerry Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2017
    I think SFCE needs its own Bug Thread. FOR GODs SAKE, it's obvious more than half the bugs are related to the new characters...

Like cmon. Impossible attacks that work on certain new characters but not the oldies ?? CMON... Fix it along with RQ Fix !!!

6. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    What are you referring too? Feel free to post these on Reddit since that is easier to keep track of stuff

7. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    It's hard to tell but this version has been released only because the old missed the 64 bit support required for IOS11! It was very strange that a seven years game was updated so Capcom gave us three new chars and maybe others in the next updates but the rest is the same:(! We can only hope Capcom is going to fix bugs in the future!

8. ~[KaBoom]~

~[KaBoom]~ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    student
    #308 ~[KaBoom]~, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    If the Ibuki player loves to do the target combo into Kunai all over again and again you can block the target combo and focus the kunai and back dash. You will be able to punish her with a throw after she throws a kunai on landing.

If she is better than that like overhead or teleport behind for mix ups then yes the pressure will be hard to deal with since she's meant to put on a guessing game after knock down.

Most of them love to slide / throw kunai on forward jump to initiate pressure. Block and punish slide, otherwise focus the forward jump kunai and hit her on landing. When she's receiving pressure her ex upkicks are the only invinc move she has (and she can kunai afterwards) so beware of that and again focus dash forward to punish.

I hope this helps, she's not that OP since her wake up game is limited too. At least compare to Gief and Sagat she's far from OP lol

I do know the basic stuff of this character so if you want to practice this match up I'll be happy to help

9. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    #309 SmashBerry, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    SIM BUG
    If Sim throws Poison or Dudley, he can do ANY attack right after the crumple, YES this includes the Super-Ultra combo !! So when Sim has full meters, don't jump in and don't get thrown, if you are using Dudley or Poison. NICE..

This does not work on anyone else being Sim thrown.

---------

DUDLEY BUG
    If using Dudley, and you Tech a throw, there is sufficient time to inch by a hair then do ANY attack, IT WILL CONNECT.. There is sufficient frame advantage to walk a bit then ANY combo or attack incl ULTRA !! This only works when Dudley Techs the throw (not when the opponent does).. NICE reward for Dudley escaping a throw.

10. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Awesome Sim find. That'll cause a few RQs I'm sure.

11. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    Not until they know it's a bug.. And HAH you Sims will just get robbed of your victory by the No-Penalty RQ system. Maybe that is why Capcom took away the RQ penalty, they want players to spot all the bugs but leave a door for RQ to alleviate the salt.

12. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    OMG that's an awesome bug. I love it!

13. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    NOOOO what have I done ?? Now it's in Harle's hands !!!

This will all be good in a Sim v Dudley match when both players know to exploit their bugs !! Sim wants to throw Dudley but Dudley wants to escape the throw !!

14. ivwshane

Oct 7, 2011
    Thanks kaboom! Good to see you again! I didn't even think about focusing her projectile!

15. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    *laughs maniacally*

Keen to see other things you have found!

16. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    Poison has her version of the Guile SF2 Sonic Freeze, but it works so well no one can move despite the clock reaching zero LOL.

It is very disturbing the bugs always relate to the new characters as a common denominator.

An old character v old character match won't even tell you it's SFCE, unless you consider NoAuto block as the only distinction between old vs old on SFCE.

17. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    #317 CaptYadierPR, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    New Characters for this month.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/dBuGr

18. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Yeah Guy:)

Attached Files:

19. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    Shoto users rejoice. Now someone else besides Ryu Ken Akuma for hado SRK spams. God what's the point in new characters when shotos are forever. I hope Evil, Gouken, Guy have less bugs than Poison, Ibuki, Dudley.

20. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Please. I want more bugs for more combos!