Universal Street Fighter IV Champion Edition (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Jul 12, 2017.

1. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Not at a computer but just a quick reply: I know the die hard fans of the game were stoked for when CE came out. We love the game to bits and we've had a blast reuniting over it.

The game does attract a lot of hate just by being a mobile game, especially when Capcom is taking s lot of heat in the FGC.

As for my view about the game, there's nothing revolutionary and there are odd bugs and that seems to attract the hate here. Long standing fans of volt were happy to pay pretty much any amount for a new version but the critics seem to hate that the game is a 'rehash'

From our own talks, everyone thinks the game runs great and looks heaps better then Volt - something that was only highlighted by your side by side comparisons

2. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    OMG!!! I am so sorry you are having to go through this!!!

I am not a hard core SF gamer, but that said, I didn’t read anything in your review to say that this is the definitive version of SF, that die hard competitive SF players should drop their console versions for this, or anything like that.

I read your review to criticize in that the update from 2010/Volt is fairly minor but for those playing the game on mobile probably worthwhile. Better graphics, full screen, and better menu system. Yes, as a free update to Volt would’ve been nice, but I haven’t read anyone here to be bothered at a fiver for this respectable update (including me) with added characters and more on the way.

Anyway, this sucks. Please don’t go :-(

3. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Just watching the podcast. Just don't worry too much about what people think. I wouldn't care what someone thinks if he doesn't know the actual name of the game or someone who doesn't actually play fighting games. Again the hate seems to be against Capcom, because that's what is cool for kids who spent 30s googling the FGC.

4. Armel

Armel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Gives 4 or 5 star for a expensive bad update is a subjective view and YOU MUST BE OBJECTIVE BECAUSE PEOPLE FOLLOW YOU ... i don't understand this review if the tester is not the pdg capcom's son ...

Seriously this game is a shame in 2017 . And if you don't see that , and say " oohhh so cool , so fun , graphisme and framerate are not a problem and i realy like this game " : Why capcom and others change to continue to do crap for mobile player ???

Exige the best and not the least !!!
    SF4:CE is a realy bad game , just a cheap imitation, not a street fighter.

5. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    I think that some people who are saying that the review was bad might not have actually read the review in detail, and are judging solely on the rating. In the review, it's explained how the graphics aren't up to the standard we might expect nowadays from mobile, and how SFIV:CE is pretty similar to Volt in terms of play, but as SFIV:CE is a updated version of the old Street Fighter games, which were good, this deserves points because it's a good Street Fighter game. The review mentions at the end how "Bottom line: If you're expecting a brand new Street Fighter that's pushing the limits of the latest iOS hardware, then you'll probably be disappointed...However, if you loved the older Street Fighter IV games on mobile then I think you'll love Champion Edition." Personally, the graphics don't bother me, and the game is far from unplayable, so the review seems alright. If you have a problem with the review that's fine, but don't judge the game solely based on how it's rated or a personal experience that might not apply to everyone (like performance issues that might be device specific). The reviewer likes the content, and decided that that outshone it's graphics problems. That's just my personal opinion on this. Feel free to disagree :)

6. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #226 nkx, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    I can't stand the whiners - just buy a 3ds or play mortal kombat or injustice (swipe left or right what should I do). Just be happy we have a mobile SF because capcom owes us nothing

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the comments. I felt pretty much the same: It's an updated and better version of a game I've loved for almost a decade. I thought my review was pretty even keel in terms of telling people what they can expect from the game. And frankly it's silly to me that someone would expect a competition level version of SF for five dollars on their touchscreen phone. For what it is CE is a blast and that's all that matters to me. Probably should just ignore people like that in the future, but it's hard when it's someone with such a massive influence.

… and thanks for your view too, I guess. I don't agree but rock on for having an opinion.

8. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    #228 HarlequinRogue, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017

More fun with the Ibuki Float glitch!

9. Armel

Armel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Disappointed By sf4:ce , i buy SNK GMOTW and it's a great game and perfectly colvert to ios ## but NOBODY on the online ## i know it's not the good place for talking about a other game but forum of GMOTW is dead lol so if someone want a good 2d fighting game you can buy Garou : mark of the wolf for 5 dollars on the apple store... after that i will play with humain because we will two players in the world ###

10. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Somebody wrote me a message in game but how do you delete the message after read?

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You can't.

12. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    That's annoying

13. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    All game reviews are something subjective, not objective. That's why you have reviewers who give it a 10 and others who give it a 0. When choosing to buy or not, what someone should do is not read only one review, but several and of very different scores, so you get there best and worst opinions and judge by yourself if the game is worth for you or not. For example, I say it's great and you say it's terrible, but this shouldn't be the only opinions a reader should take towards buying the game or not. People should document themselves with as many opinions as possible, and then take a decision.

14. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    This game is ugly

15. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    @boardumb I have to assume your probably between 37 yrs old give or take a few based on your story because I did the same thing you did and would run to a local video store and funnel money into sf2. I've played most streets fighters since. I played a lot of sf4 and even got a TE stick to play. I was nothing great but I would go online and hold my own. When SF and the volt came out for the iOs was absolutely floored that Capcom was able to put a actual SF game in my pocket. And one that actually took skill. Street fighter is a very precise game. What you see these top players doing on consoles consistently pulling one frame links is absolutely incredible. Go watch a Pie Smug Dudley video on YouTube and then go try and pull that off and you will see. And even on iOS it will be very hard to do. I played volt all the time until the iPhone screen got bigger and capcom didnot update. I was so pissed that I could not play but I said don't worry capcom will release something. And years went by and now we get CE. Now I can see from a casual gamers prospective why they could be disappointed. Graphics and backgrounds in game are pretty much the same as a game that was released years before it. But from a person that truly understands the precision a true Street Fighter game takes I think we can all agree we are very happy with this game. It's the ONLY TRUE fighting game we got. People say an iPhone could run a full sf game and I still don't think that's possible. I think for being able to have a competitive sf game in my pocket SF CE was a God send for us sf fans!!!!

16. iPolice03

iPolice03 New Member

Jul 23, 2017
    hello all

im new member. from Vietnam. nice 2 play with all

17. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    So 1 week after this has come out, do you feel that fatigue has already set in and people are less hyped? The game is practically the same as Volt and 3 news characters aren't good enough to compete. Also we barely got any changes to shake up the meta

18. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #238 nkx, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Please ask for a refund and play injustice 2 I can't read anymore whiner threads. Seriously you guys are buzz kills and negative. If you don't like the game we all know.

Capcom never said it would be a new game it was an upgrade of volt so we can play on iOS 11. A five dollar update seriously I spend more money on my lunch than this

Played over 100 plus games and still enjoying being able to play a competitive SF on mobile

19. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    People are entitled to whine and voice their opinion. It's a forum, not a propagandium. Bluntly, the game is fun but the sprites, frame rate and graphics look (pardon my hyperbole) like garbage. It is pretty evident to everyone. All that needs to happen is for Capcom to fix that in their update cycle. Games like Oceanhorn did it no problem. If people let Capcom destroy itself by eroding their own reputation/products then they will eventually alienate the people that support them. You can still love Street Fighter and be disapppointed. Can we agree that putting in HD sprites and better backgrounds will improve the game? Yes?

20. Armel

Armel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    +1
    Can we agree that putting in HD sprites and better backgrounds will improve the game? Yes?

# YES game is technical but no pleasure to play , like a good girl with ugly face ...