Universal Street Fighter IV Champion Edition (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Jul 12, 2017.

1. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    So are you saying you don't believe me? This existed in Volt. I assume it exists here. I haven't tried RQing enough yet though

2. Kamote-Q"

Kamote-Q" New Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Can't upload replays

I can't upload replays from 2 of my devices. iPhone/iPad. Tried reinstalling the app. I even restored my device as new. But still no luck

3. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Same what country are you in? I'm in China

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's no way of deleting messages, right? Sent myself a test message and it looks like I'm stuck with this stupid thing on my profile. >_> Why in the world do they give you the ability to message yourself?!?!

5. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    gg #

6. ~[KaBoom]~

~[KaBoom]~ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    student
    I noticed that I get queued up with mostly Japanese players, most of them are very good, and ALL of them were extremely defensive and patient until they get a knock down to keep the pressure.

I assume the servers aren't separated between JP and Others like it was in volts? :confused::confused::confused:

Anyways, if anyone wanna play for fun or just practice characters feel free to ask and we can have fun.

Game center ID = ~[KaBoom]~

7. ~[KaBoom]~

~[KaBoom]~ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    student
    Ahaha, I guess you just need to use it like FB, post whatever random stuff you wanna say up there and hopefully people don't bother to trace back to the first message and realise 'LOL this guy was talking to himself!' :D

8. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    I've connected with other TA players in US so its fine. I think it just prioritises connections to nearby places

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    LMAO I'm doomed!

Isn't there a way to report messages to capcom? What if I was cussing like a sailor. :p

10. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    If the Report Team is anything like the update team, jugding by the speed used in the delivery of the MHFU update, i think youll be safe for at least 2 years before you get banned, dont worry !

11. Kamote-Q"

Kamote-Q" New Member

Jul 16, 2017
    I'm in Hong Kong. My friend had this issue too. He's in Singapore

12. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Street Fighter IV Arena released a few years ago in Korea (now it doesnt exist) when the opponents rage quit the game lets you finish the match vs an AI that is standing still doing nothing. Not sure why they dont use that here. It was basicly the same game as volt but fremium style.

13. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Anyone know who the six new characters going to be???

14. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Waaaay more than 6 that could be added, based on all the different iterations. Capcom needs to take the good graces of a decent review here, the other good feedback they've gotten, and find a way to make this a full-blown Omega version of SF4 on iOS

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #195 chief78, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    I have most of those titles, And I've yet to upgrade to 11 because of this. It's great that Nintendo, Sega and Capcom are all on board, but until I know SNK is on the party bus to iOS 11, nope, I'll stick with where I'm at.

But to get at the core point, yes there are other iOS fighters out there that have done it before and arguably better. But I am happy with what's here so far.

16. SmashBerry

SmashBerry Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Arena was for wimps.. I disliked the way it let you tweak characters until their inherent weaknesses were gone, thus almost eventually reducing every character to a Vanilla-Ryu version of the character you started with..

You can tell the Koreans got spoiled by Arena, because when the lot of them went to Volt (after having learned on Arena), all they did after getting schooled in Volt basics (eg: Viper is slow startup, Bison is vulnerable on tele-arrival and to back dashes, Guile hates the corner etc) WAS RQ like salty sucks..

That's what happens when a dumb Korean-mod lets you increase Viper's recovery and vitality, or reduce Bison's charge time.. It's like the national obsession for cosmetic surgery went to SF IOS..

17. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    Sorry mate, don't believe you..

I've encountered the same RQer 3x already.. His card has no loses and not a single RQ record.. He's got 120+ wins and zero loses.. SO either this guy has already figured out how to keep swapping his record file, or he's RQing using the classic router pull..

At the height of Volt, anyone pushing Home after "FIGHT" was penalized 100BP and given a loss.. MAN I miss even such punitive measures as that.. I really wish they'd roll out that console version of Karma Matchmaking- RQers with RQers..

18. SmashBerry

Jul 13, 2017
    Wave 1- Poison, Ibuki, Dudley

Later Waves (order TBD)
    Guy
    Gouken
    Rose
    Evil Ryu (shotos rejoice)
    Juri
    Elena

19. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Well the good thing is if you don't believe me, it still happens. And just because you observe otherwise doesn't mean the intended system isn't there. Volt was pretty easy to hack to get past the punitive measures. I assume CE is similar.

I don't recall Volt punishing RQers like that ever. And I've played it consistently for 6 years on both servers.

But maybe you can test it. Go quit 3 times in a row and see if you get paired against other RQers

20. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thanks