iPad Strategery?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tinsel, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    First post, sorry if this happens often.

I saw a new game appear in App Sniper called Strategery, and it actually looked pretty interesting (a sort of Risk type game).

Then I went to find it in the app store, and I couldn't.

In iTunes, it appears, but gives me a US Store error when I select it.

Does anyone know why new apps appear like this but then can't be selected in either App Store or iTunes?

This is also happening a lot (not always) with another game I am considering buying: 2079 by Eric Tang.

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Just try clicking it again. I've noticed that it's been doing that since yesterday. If you try again it'll probably go through.

Anyways, I was eyeballing startegery too. It looks like an interesting take on the game.

I'm guessing the name came from Will Farrell's George W. impression from before he was president. He was asked to sum up his campaign in one word. He thought about and answered "strategery."

3. polyplay

polyplay Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'd be interested to know if this is a snazzier version of the much-lauded Dice Wars. If so, I'd certainly pay $.99 for it.

4. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i did a search, and it show'd up, but could not locate it
    so maybe it will just take a lil bit of time to populate the servers

if it is anything like Dice Wars, than i shall purchase it

5. tekssx

tekssx Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Not Texas... lol
    Bought this game way back when I first got my ipod touch and it was totally worth the purchase. It's a really fun game when you're trying to think of something to do to pass time. It actually becomes quite addicting once you first play it.

It's just like the classic game risk, you try to conquer all the countries and be the best out of everyone.

This game would be insane if you could play online with other opponents or even on wi-fi :/

Unfortunately the latest update for the game did cause a glitch to occur, but the developer has already fixed it and is awaiting for apple to review the new update and allow it through.

I would recommend this game to anyone! Highly enjoyable.

6. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    lux dlx is way better imho

7. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I actually keep both on my iPhone- they are of a similar genre, but two totally different games

8. RetroGuy

RetroGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Maybe, but I probably spent only $1 on Strategery, which is a great game and I loved it, and Lux Dlx is $8. I doubt it's 8 times better.

9. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    yes they in fact feel like and are two different games but if you talk of the best risk type game, lux dlx all the way:D

10. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Yea, I see what you're saying - I'm hoping the EA port of Risk will be out soon

11. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    that would be amazing, then i could have some space and delete both these apps

wait with life out it may just come to frutation

12. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    They announced Risk along with a bunch of other titles at E3, I'm hoping it will be out before the end of the year

13. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    EA doesn't have the best reputation as a publisher in terms of continued support for their games. Hopefully Risk comes out perfect from day 1. Otherwise we'd be waiting a very long time for updates.

I have both Strategery and Lux Dlx. Both are very good. Lux Dlx is more involved and complex while Strategery is good for a quick game.

14. ujp

ujp Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    ha. So there is a thread about Strategery on toucharcade now. Cidstrom, Sumul and I worked on it before Isotope. Like people have said before it is a stripped down version of Risk (similar to Dice Wars if you ever played that game). It is a fun game, but yeah, unfortunately we introduced a pretty bad bug in the last update. We submitted a fix to apple so hopefully it will be approved shortly.

15. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    wait I didn't know the dev of isotope made this, great job on the game, this game deserves more reconition.

16. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    There have actually been several threads on the game since its release. This one is the main game thread from back in December http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=1998&highlight=strategery

17. tekssx

tekssx Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Not Texas... lol
    The problem is I didn't have $8 to spend on it and nor did I really want to spend too much on a game at that time :p

I'm just patiently waiting for apple to approve the update on the bug fix so I can get back to dominating. :D

18. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Considering all of the maps you get with Lux DLX, $8 is a fair price IMO

19. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    remember most of the iphone audience is still on the 99cents thought process no matter the content

20. minameismud

minameismud Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    this is seriously my most played game. love it. i HATE that the latest update glitches sometimes when i go for the End Turn button and it resets the map.