Universal Stranded: Mars One (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 16, 2015.

1. 9x16

9x16 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    EST/EDT
    Really enjoying this. Since I didn't see them specifically described anywhere, the controls are quite elegant with the red circle in the bottom left serving as crouch and roll (basically crouching when falling) and the rest of the screen for jump (with context sensitive wall jump) and jetpack boost (hold down). I haven't progressed very far, so maybe there are a few additional functions.

The static ads between levels are quite unobtrusive. And there's an option for a video ad (or nuts) to continue, which is quite fair. I assume that the latter remains even with the no-ad IAP?

Also, I didn't see this listed in the game of the week poll. Doesn't it qualify?

2. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Wow, nicely done. I'll be able to play this a bit more tomorrow, but already the tutorial levels are looking great.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Keep going. There's more controls a bit further in, with no added buttons. It's seamless. You will understand when you get there. Also this game would be in the next game of the week poll. You have to nominate it though. I'm definitely nominating it.

Billy

4. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Billy,

I will happily add you bro. Although I just logged out of Game Center so I can play a few games that don't run on iOS 9.1 beta with it logged in. I'll add you when I log back in.

Ryan

5. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
  6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #26 LordShad0wz, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    Is anyone else having trouble with the continue videos?

I've tried three times and either the game hangs and the video doesn't play or the game crashes to the desktop. I've restarted the game and the device.

iPhone 5s running 8.4.1
    Billy

7. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Sorry, for that. We're aware of these issues and will fix 'em ASAP.

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's ok. No matter what you do there will always be some small bug that sneaks past the review and beta process. I was only asking to see if it was something wonky on my end.

I love your game!

Do you guys have any plans for the game down the road? I'd love to see an endless mode. Maybe with some bad guys to shoot. Hehe.

Billy

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh how evil. Yea I just figured out in one part you DO need an inferior suit. You guys are evil lol

I left a nice review on the AppStore.

Billy

10. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers, Billy & Thanks a lot for all your nice feedback and support! That particular jump is indeed mean as hell... I failed dozens of times before I finally got the idea that it might work with a less powerful suit. ;)

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Absolutely loving this game. Highly recommend it. Probably my favorite game of the week.

12. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    I finally managed to finish the last level yesterday... 80/120 stars in the first run, but I'm sure I can still do better in various levels, so I'm not gonna put the game aside anytime soon. Where are you currently at?

13. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Bumpin' this up with a nice little surprise I just found out about... play level 5 of stage IV with the basic suit to turn the astronaut into a super hero!

14. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    What do you mean Tobi?

15. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
  16. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Get the Stranded OST for free!

BTW, we've now now put the entire soundtrack of Stranded - MarsONE up forgrabs as a free download in our User Area. Hop over to http://users.dsfishlabs.com, set up an account (it only takes one minute and a handful of clicks) and start your download! All in all, it's 9 tracks of funky 8-bit music with a total playing time of 17 minutes. Enjoy! :)