Strafe Run - Fly till you die!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MentalPete, Jul 10, 2015.

1. MentalPete

MentalPete New Member

Jun 17, 2015
    [​IMG]

Hi there Touchy Arcadians!

Back in January 2013 I doodled a quick game mechanic of a "barely flyable" biplane and it got popular among my immediate circle of friends and family, especially my father who used to play Wings of Fury with me back in the early 90'ies. He passed away in November of 2013 and since then I have felt a strong urge to complete this game and get it out there. Since I am primarily an interaction designer and programmer, I have hired help to create the content for the game, and I must say I have been super lucky to find such great talent. To get funded to complete this project I swiped a credit card back in May and June, so I really hope it will generate some return when released.

[​IMG]

Quickly explained it is a "Reversed, angled, side-scrolling shooter", left side of the screen controls the throttle, while right side touch controls the gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In any case, I am super happy with the result so far and look forward to tell you when it goes live on the App Store.

I'll keep you posted. Tally ho!

Petter Sundnes
    http://fb.me/mtlfsh
    http://mentalfish.com

2. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Premium or F2P? Anyhow, game looks great. Its something I definitely would buy! Can't wait to see it in the appstore!:)

3. MentalPete

MentalPete New Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Thanks Stephan, sorry I forgot completely to say, it is going to be F2P with a simple "watch an ad to double earned coins" pr run, with an option to buy a permanent coin doubler for $2.99. You will also be able to buy coins, but that is the lazy way of upgrading the plane :)

Do tell if you guys have better ideas for monetization.

4. shrinkish

shrinkish Active Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Look intersting, dont know what i think about the camera engale however

5. jordantheonlyone

jordantheonlyone Active Member

Jul 11, 2015
    The game looks great, looks fun too

6. MentalPete

MentalPete New Member

Jun 17, 2015
  7. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow, I'll definitely be downloading this when it releases!