Universal Stormblades (by Kiloo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 18, 2015.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    A couple of ads have popped up during the initial start-up of the game for me. I too would really appreciate having a permanent way to disable them. I love the game to bits and pieces, but if i can't disable ads (im not buying consumable IAP to do that) and the game continues to be so reliant on Facebook, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to delete it. :(

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^or, they could tie it with consumable IAPs, but allow restoring if needed.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Really enjoying this again starting from scratch, since the beta saves werent able to crossover.

I cant connect to facebook though, does anyone have the same problem? I just want the cloud feature.

Also, does anyone notice the different facial expressions of the enemies as you fight them? That right there is an example of Kiloo's attention to detail.

4. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Tremendous game! Really really enjoyable!
    And yes, the facial expressions are great - they give the game a lot of character!

5. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Just popping in here real quick to answer some of your concerns!
    - Ads will be removed after any in-app purchase!
    - If you have crash issues or can't connect to Facebook, it would be a tremendous help if you would contact our support team!

What % are you guys on the leaderboards?

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #86 Vovin, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015

I am at 78% or sth like that.

Btw., can you level up your sword? (not the skills)

What I love is, that at first the monsters appear to powerful and damn hard. But after a few fights, something clicks and you see the pattern of the opponent, making it easy to bring him down. I manage to have completely flawless runs up to Level 21 or something like that. Now there is some stone-like Temple Guardian that kicks mah sorry butt. But already figuring out a way to bring him down without getting hurt once. And the Summoner and that Magician are the easiest now, for me. The only annoyance is the Magician jumping back and shooting several energy balls with his staff at me. But I have really no problem to dodge, it registers fine. The learning curve and raise of difficulty was very fair until now. After beating level 23 or sth, I played level 6-10 again and noticed how slow and easy the enemies were at these levels.

7. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Game is pretty fun, i like the visuals. A friend of mine who owns a iPad 2 came to visit me and was stunned by how well it looked :)

The swiping combat feels very responsive.

8. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I only see the "launch to Facebook" screen. You don't like the ads like this? So if there is a iAP to remove ads, will you continue playing the game? For me, if I have the problem as same as you, I'll purchase to help developers. :)

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hi Jeppe, what happens if we have to delete the game and reinstall? Is there a restore option we can use then to get rid of the ads without having to buy a second set of IAP?

10. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015
    You will need to make room because Apple will never make that happen. If iOS allow Sideloading apps, then it will become the piracy hell which is Android. But yeah, I'd say it borrows IB games because of the slices and taps mechanic, but unlike IB, things come much faster and the enemies don't really reset their animation to block, so you can keep slicing until the enemy die. The upgrade system is also simplified, you go through several stage with the same weapon until you reached certain ones that give you a new, more powerful one. Then You can go back to earlier stages to obtain any relics you missed due to lack of points. I don't really know how the rating system work in game, as each time you kill something you get "good, great, perfect, amazing" but sometimes it's a bit conspicuous. I can kill a guy and with perfect health intact and get only a Great rating. Also, there are occasional "power strikes" that you do when you see red arrows on the screen but I have no idea when it comes up. But anyway, try it out if you have a chance.

11. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hi Exact-Psience,

If you have connected and synced your progress with Facebook, the game should remember that you have bought an IAP and not show ads if you re-install.

12. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Have you considered adding Game Center sync as an alternative for people who dont like/use Facebook.

13. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I second this. I think a good population of customers are going to pass over this because it only has FB integration. Especially on iOS, GC is a must.

14. Kiloo_Jeppe

Game Center integration is not a high priority for us right now, but trust me when I say we have some very cool things in store for the first Stormblades updates :)

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #95 LordShad0wz, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    I love storm blades. I have told everyone how much I like it. On multiple sites. I left a nice review on the AppStore. However, Game Center should be a priority. I have slowly stopped using Facebook. I don't even understand why someone would tie an apple ecosystem game to a third party social network? Game Center was provided for this specific reason. There are cloud saves so we don't lose our progress.

I just don't understand. Please reconsider. Please stop using Facebook for our game saves and holy cow our in app purchase history too.

I do look forward to updates! It's a really fun game and the IAP is done right imho.

Billy

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Because facebook userbase is 40 thousand times more than that of GC. GC is dedicated though, and id prefer that too, but at this point id take anything.

GC, Facebook... It's going to end up being the same discussion between freemium-premium. We just have to accept that, for good or bad, they exist.

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    this game is so fun... I don't know what it is... but it keeps making me go back and playing it I haven't had time to play swap quest and poco echo anymore Becuase this game xD

18. But the game isn't playable on FB, is it? Anyone playing on iOS has GC. The only reason for FB integration is to get people to annoy their friends about the game. It's one thing to offer benefits for doing so like free in-game stuff. But tying cloud saves and IAPs to FB is just a kick in the nuts. And I don't have nuts.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Which is definitely correct. Out of all the users in FB, there should be a fraction that'll try the game out as well when they see the game advertised.

FB spreads word fast. GC doesnt bring in new players, unless they open the GC app and check out what other are playing, or what titles are popular.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You and me both man... I got a bit far while playing beta, and now im restarting and enjoying it all over again.

I love playing IB, and Stormblades created an opportunity for a faster-paced, arcade-angle to the formula which instantly clicked with me.