Universal Storm Casters Ultra (by Get Set Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nickfury, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Loving this since soft launch and now thats its out in the US I bought the 4th card slot #

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Quit buggin guys.... The game has exactly the same iap. The game also wasn't online and a long time ago so there's no way to tell who got who.

So we lost ouf on a 1.99$ , it happens. Devs got put in a sticky situation. The game is beautiful and not intrusive. SAME iap. One currency... And all cards are free except the 4 cheat cards for like 1$ a pop.

I played the game for free on NZ before us and got almost all the cards by just playing. Don't miss out on this gem because some dudes upset the devs went broke and had to pull and he missed out on his dollar 99.

Seems confirmed that it has the same balance as well. Legendaries were always hard to get because they are beast. Although I managed to get them in the paid and free version.

3. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I do get why people are upset. I did bought it myself back then but since I didnt bought any IAP I couldnt care less. I would be upset if I invested money in the old version just to see that there is a new improved and bug free version out now and without a chance to import my old save game. So you should think about that before complaining about the complainers.

Besides that, this is a f2p game we basically asked for, right? I mean, no freaking timers, stamina bars or lives to recharge. You can play and grind out your cards endlessly. Well, I'm really thankfull for that cuz it is really rare nowadays. Hope they wont change it later on.

Which one you think is the best Ultra Card out of those four?

4. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Great to hear your feedback, both positive and constructive.

I think I need to clarify a couple of things:

1. We made this game for and because of the feedback we got from people that paid for and loved the original
    2. This version would not have been made without that awesome response
    3. Storm Casters Ultra is the definitive upgrade for people that paid for the first game. In the same way as there isn't a paid version of Hearthstone, we wanted to focus on one great game for everyone
    4. For anyone that has played the paid version, this version only adds one pop up ad - the rest is totally opt-in
    5. The rest of the game has not been touched, except to upgrade and balance it (you don't need to max out before EVO etc.)
    6. What you also get is a ton of new content and a new story, new prestige modes and new weapons

We know there is a stigma around free games, and for anyone that has played our games in the past, you'll know that we go out of our way to make sure we don't load our games down with the usual F2P stuff that everyone says they hate, so it's sad to hear negative feedback about the game just because it's free, usually by people that haven't played the game.

So I encourage anyone that is on the fence or thinks we're in this just for quick buck - TRY THE GAME (It's free!). If you hate it, no harm no foul, just delete it. But I think you'll see instead the blood sweat and tears that went into making what is, I think, our best game so far (and we've made a few games that people seem to really like!).

As for everyone that is actually playing the game - yay! It's great to hear your comments, and yes, we welcome constructive feedback about the game (bugs, balancing, features - let us have it!). We see a bright future for Storm Casters, and we want to make this game everything it can be.

[​IMG]

5. Nikos

Nikos Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Downloaded this last night because it looked interesting and I've already poured hours into it. Can't really say enough good things about the game. No complaints whatsoever. This is definitely my new go-to, especially when I'm on the subway since it allows offline play.

6. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I have to say, like quite a few of you, I was really annoyed when I saw this was free to play. I loved the paid game, it was without a doubt one of my top ten iPad games ever, but after around level 16, I couldn’t play it anymore because the game would simply not load. I saw this and thought oh god, stupid timers, stupid iaps, ridiculous ads, it’s going to be ruined.. but it’s not like that at all. I’ve only played a little while so far but it’s just as good, if not better, than the paid version. There are no timers that I’ve seen, no intrusive adverts, no adverts at all in fact, just an entirely optional “watch video for a free chest/free heart”.

I can’t say whether the iaps are the same or more intrusive than in the paid game as I never even looked at them, and as long as there isn’t a pay wall later in the game, and as long as they are entirely optional, then I think everyone who hadn’t grabbed the paid game is in for quite a treat. I did think that those who bought the paid game should be given some benefit in this one – free warp stones, or something, and still think that would be really nice and silence most if not all of the naysayers, but otherwise I urge anyone who hasn’t already to grab this gem.

I have found one little problem – I got a reminder pop up while I was playing and it brought the game to the pause menu. I tapped to resume and got the count down, but when the game was up again, it wouldn’t respond to any controls. A restart of the game fixed this for me.

7. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Thinking about trying this. Anyone know where their quote from this site that they have in the description originated?

8. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Guessing they did the same thing I just saw that they did for gamezebo - pulled quotes from reviews of their last game and pretended they are for this game.

9. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    There last game IS this game, however. The quote comes from the review of Storm Casters paid edition, which this version improves upon.

10. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Sure - here is the Touch Arcade review of Storm Casters

And here is the Gamezebo review

Storm Casters Ultra is an upgraded version of Storm Casters and has all the same features and gameplay - it is the same game (with more content), but now it's free. If we'd made any significant changes to the gameplay itself, we wouldn't be using the quotes!

If you'd like to see more reviews, you can find more links on the official Storm Casters Ultra page on our site.

11. NFCT

NFCT Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    Chernobyl
    Having a lot of fun with this, and wound never have tried it had it not been rereleased. With that said the developer should have given customers who prieviosly bought the game a free card pack or something of relative value in the new one. It was stated a couple of comments back by the Dev I assume, that this version would not have even been made if it wasn't for the early adopters of the paid version, and personally from an outside perspective I could see how they would be upset by you dropping the paid version to realase this.

12. Ultimatix

Ultimatix Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Germany
    I can't find this Game on the Google Playstore :confused:

13. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Why was the paid version taken down?

And later replaced with a free version.

You stole money from me that's how I look at it, I bought your game shortly before it was taken down and never played it but wanted too. Now I can't.

Why couldn't you leave both versions up? It makes me think funny business.

Either way I'll never give you another dollar because you screwed me. Get set games is on my " screw them list" I hope you close.

I've brought over 500 premium games on iOS and nearly 30% have gone F2P. I DONT waste my time on f2p. When I have no problem paying for a balanced game. This practices need to stop. Just release 2 versions is you must.

Screw you Get Set games, I hope you close.

That's how I'm treating dev's that pull this shi* from now on. Leave both versions(paid and free) and don't update a paid app into a f2p POS.

Tried of it.

14. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Maybe try reading some of the comments predator8u. Yes its free to play, but it has none of the mechanics that make f2p suck. To play this now, you would be playing the same, if not better, version of the game that you already bought and didnt play. I can understand why they took the paid version down, it was broken and wouldnt work at all. Yes, there should perhaps be some form of compensation for those who did buy it, and maybe thats something they might be willing to look in to, but to boycot this game just because its free to play and you feel cheated, well, you're the one that will be missing out.

15. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I wonder if Get Set Games had an ordinary store on your street, would people go there and complain, throw tantrums and whatnot or is this just another case of "the anonymity of the internet made me do it"

16. predator8u

Apr 17, 2013
    Jchou and zellion

Your the reason HORRIBLE game practices are rampant on iOS because you look the other way and excuse the devs. They stole from us. They could have left the first version up, does it cost them???

jchou and zellion your the reason iOS is for the dogs, and Get Set also. Take pride.

We shouldn't support these practices, period.

17. predator8u

Apr 17, 2013
    It better then everyone just having a suck feast.

Critical responses to problems are better then "OMG I LuvZ Gams".

I want to play something, I paid for and I can't. Thats wrong. I will not play this f2p version when I already paid money for the same thing.

IOS gaming is for children because devs can get away with these practices.

PS reading all posts this game sounds to have done it better then most though, still I will never support them on principle.

18. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Dude, check your Purchase history, the version you have bought will always be available for you to download, whether it's pulled from the App Store or not. You have bought over 500 apps yet you don't know this simple technique? Besides, the old version costs like 1 buck, for the love of all that is holy.

19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Looolll in a previous post the dev said we made this game because people bought the original and gave positive comments. What he did not say is what happens to the money we gave them.
    So
    1. Sell a game.
    2. The game does not go well in the Appstore.
    3. Leave the game for about a year unupdated.
    4. Make the same game free after a year fixing bugs.
    5 Pull the paid version off the appstore without caring about the suckers who bought it.
    6. Kaboom success!

Noone complains why this game is free. We complain because we bought something and after a year we see the same game we bought updated with excuses that do not make sense.

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #100 JCho133, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Dude, if you go to your purchase history you can still download the paid version.

It is not free for them to work on a game for another year. They used the money from people that bought the paid version (like you) to be able to make his improved version.

It is literally the same game just with more content and improvements