Universal Storm Casters Ultra (by Get Set Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nickfury, Sep 10, 2015.

1. sine909

sine909 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    California
    I find it baffling that you openly admit to moving on to a new version without fixing the "broken game" your prior paid customers (myself included) actively supported you with. You can call it a better game, but being free typically means the opposite to many of us.

I understand the app store is a jungle, but quality products also lead to more sales...

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #62 Zeillusion, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    So I just deleted my nz version for the US version so I can now make purchases. I auto assumed this had I cloud or some sort of system save. Did I screw myself? I have no problem starting over I guess.

Edit: nvm progress saved!

Buying ultras to support devs. I've had countless hours of fun for free.

Although I made purchases in the original I understand why it was shutdown.

Games beautiful and not intrusive at all with f2p. Ads for revive sometimes ( if your lucky ) just one currently (gold) which can't be bought. The only thing that's purchasable are some cards and ultras to donate to devs.

I really hope people donate enough to share more tile sets / bosses / and cards can come out.

3. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    lol.

4. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I do agree that they should have fixed the bugs in the old version before pulling it. Nevertheless, I do see where they're standing, with limited resources and a non-profitable product with little exposure.

I'mma dive in in a moment, hope the game is enjoyable.

5. nevzat666

nevzat666 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    They only released this to make Iap purchases forced (online) as the previous version was technically freee for cards if you jailbroke

Sly marketing really

6. BohemianCoast

BohemianCoast Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Ok, I'm punting on this -- devs, I saw your ad in Disco Zoo and was like 'huh, this is not the regular sort of game advertised here'.

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #67 sakara214ever, Oct 1, 2015
    I bought the original and loved it. You should at least give credit to the people who supported you when you released the original. But you left the original full of bugs said right here in this forum-site that you will fix it and then you pulled off and now you release the same game for free.
    Shame.

8. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    So if I undersrand correctly, the original premium game got pulled, and original customers have to restart the game without any recompensation. God, it's harder day by day to trust mobile gaming.

9. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    i don't think it's bad decision, devs. pretty fair free-to-play system. and of course amazing game. thanks!

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Exactly. I think it is harder day by day to trust certain developers. Because there are many respectful developers who give credit to their customers. And others who just do not care. Anyways do not want to mess with the thread there are people in here who want to talk about the game by these so called "devs"

11. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Actually reading about the problem of previous customers made me avoid this game completely. I'm patiently waiting for the time when free2play dies a horrible and painful death, giving way to the premium gaming experience on mobile devices. I'm willing to pay premium prices for premium quality.

12. BohemianCoast

BohemianCoast Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    I've played for an hour or so -- loving it, though it's a shame that there's no in-game support for people who paid for the previous game. I've had one crash -- when I died just as killing the final boss for the end-of-dungeon key. Otherwise it's kind of adorable. It doesn't seem grindy at the moment but they never do at the beginning, do they?

Payment seems avoidable (though who knows how long it will take to collect all the cards without it?). There's an extra card slot for £2.99 and some 'ultra' cards for £1.49 each (sometimes put on sale) which are not available through grinding

13. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    It won't go away cause it makes profit, same as fast food chains, pop music, blockbuster movies and reality tv

Btw, i payed for and enjoyed the original release and i'm glad to be able to play it again. No hard feelings for the devs decision

14. Neddy F

Neddy F Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    One change I don't like is when you finish a level you are taken back to the menu. I use to grind from level one and carry on with my hearts in tact...

15. pepsodont

pepsodont Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Soo, let me get this straight.

I paid for a game that I need to pay for again, if it want to continue playing in 100% experience.

What? Are you nucking futs?

16. t3chnoboy

t3chnoboy Active Member

Aug 7, 2014
  17. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #77 heringer, Oct 1, 2015
    Yes. Absolutely disgusting. Not even going to bother downloading the f2p version.

Was it too costly to fix the broken game? Well, tough. People paid for a broken game that was never fixed. If this market is too hard for you to handle then quit game development? Better than screwing your customers.

18. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #78 JCho133, Oct 1, 2015
    Do not listen to anyone giving this game bad reviews....

This game has almost the exact same balance as the original premium game. The only difference is this game runs a better, has more content, and has a few "permanent upgrade" type IAPs.

Don't miss out on this, and quit complaining if you bought the original, as I did.

Where did you get the idea that you need to pay? This game is free. The original game had the same consumable IAPs

19. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I loved this game so I have decided to play it all over again. You will love this game too. Great controls, fun leveling system and loot!

One BIG issue with the last game was that if you did not max out your character before evolving, it was super costly to upgrade stats and pretty much broke the game. Perhaps it is fixed in this version but just in case, MAX YOUR STATS BEFORE EVOLVING!!!!

20. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    If the game without IAP's has the exact same balance as the original, I apologize for my negative reaction. That being said, I'm skeptical the balance really is the same. I suppose I should try it myself, then.