Universal Storm Casters Ultra (by Get Set Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nickfury, Sep 10, 2015.

1. NJvancouver

NJvancouver New Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Tone it down, man!.

I was frankly enjoy playing this little gem until I got into hard mode. It is quite absurd in difficulty which can be resolved by either throwing money at it or spending my precious time grinding em character!. Why would the developers reset the cards (the free one!) and level down to zero in the hard mode? None of that should be reset!. Please tone it down, developers!.

2. nickfury

nickfury Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Founder and Creative Director at Get Set Games
    Toronto, Canada
    Firing is actually completely free-form - if you turn off auto aim, you'll fire where you're aiming. The character sprite doesn't accurately reflect that because of the number of frames, but the direction is precise.

As for the Fire Bolt sound, it was purposefully de-emphasised to make the more powerful weapons sounds more badass :) The default fire is pretty weak compared to the pick-up weapons, so I wanted to get some contrast in there.

We're keeping an eye on the lost cards issue, but it's good that your other progress has been saved. You should find new versions of your lost cards as you play, so hopefully that's a temporary hiccup. Either way, we'll see if there's a fix for that.

As for Warp Stone drop rates, those go up as you play, so you'll be able to save up for bigger packs as you go.

The % to earn gold cards become very useful when you're trying to earn enough to evolve, and when you get a few % gold cards and a "more crates" card or two in your shuffle, it can add up to a lot of gold!

As for warp stones, the amount you get per level goes up as you evolve, so expect to get more as you level up.

The player has 4 Evo levels. You should hit Evo 4 by the time you're in Chapter 4.

3. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes. Your progress will be saved on iCloud, and you can transfer your progress between different devices. You can also restore any purchases you have made if you lose them for any reason.

Sorry to hear about these bugs. If you could send an email to [email protected], we'd appreciate any info you can provide about what happened.

Thanks for your thoughts NJ. We spent a long time balancing the Prestige modes, and felt that for players that had beat the game once already, adding a good amount of challenge was the way to go. After leveling up your attack a little bit, you should find that things get easier. As for resetting the game, this is normal for Prestige modes, and it means that you'll get different cards each time you prestige, and the game will play out differently. This is something that players of the original version of Storm Casters has asked for - to be able to start over and play the game again from scratch.

For anyone else that has prestiged, what do you think about the amount of challenge and the fact that you start "fresh" each time? It would be great to get your thoughts.

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #44 Zeillusion, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Do you guys plan on creating more content in the future? Like cards and levels. An endless mode would be epic.

This game has crazy potential. A multiplayer long term mode that allows you to raid people's dungeons. You could let players place traps, and enemies. They would be able to steal gold from you and in return buy card packs for new abilities. That would be lots of work but would be very profitable. You'd have to create large a mounts of cards and content. Would be an awesome feature though!

5. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Absolutely! We have a few features already mostly coded, and plans for a bunch of new and really fun cards. Multiplayer gameplay would be great too for sure. If the game picks up a good following, we're really excited about all the cool things we could do!

6. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    I got a legendary for the first time when I hit max level... Than all of a sudden my game crashed and I lost the progress. It was a picture of a hand? Didn't even get to read it. I was so excited haha. Such a shame. Anyone else have that happen when they get legendaries?

7. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Oh man, sorry to hear that. Are you running iOS 9 by any chance? We've already found and fixed a number of issues (which is a big reason to run a soft launch), including a crash that was happening pretty frequently on iOS 9, so the next update should run smoothly.

The card you got was probably Midas Touch:

[​IMG]

8. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Yeah running iOS 9! I seem to have been getting some crashes ever since. Can't really replicate just happens randomly.

That's the card! So beautiful haha thanks for posting.

9. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Hopefully you'll get it again soon! With the global launch on October 1st (holy cow that's next week!), we've found and fixed the iOS 9 bug, and we're submitting the update to Apple in the next day or so!

For everyone that's played the beta/soft launch version, what do you like best about the game so far? Favourite weapons, cards or combos?

10. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Storm Casters Ultra - first update now available!

The first update for Storm Casters Ultra is now available. Anyone playing on iOS 9 should get this update, as it smooths out issues related to updating to the new OS, as well as adding new optimizations and stability fixes!

[​IMG]

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up!

12. grannd

grannd Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I can't believe you guys decided to re-tool this game for F2P and STILL didn't port it to Android. For shame.

13. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Unfortunately the game engine we used to create Storm Casters (Cocos 2D) doesn't allow easy porting to Android. It would require a complete re-write of most of the code into Cocos 2D X, which wasn't feasible for our small team at the time, so we focused on iOS. For the future though, we've switched our game engine to Unreal Engine 4 (you can see a preview of one of our new games in development here), which will allow us to easily port/publish to pretty much any platform, for this very reason. Look out for Storm Casters 2 on Android :p

14. nickfury

May 3, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Storm Casters Ultra Out Now!

Storm Casters Ultra just went live worldwide.

It's time to cast lightning into the darkness...

Officially, SC:U doesn't launch until tomorrow, but you guys get to try it first!

Go grab it now and let us know what you think! Go go go!

[​IMG]

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #55 Amenbrother, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Heck yea!

EDIT: Progress transfered to thank god!

16. Whackado

Whackado Active Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Glad to see this back! I played the heck out of the first one and I hope this does reach a wider audience because it definitely deserves it. Great game!

17. silgado106

silgado106 Member

Oct 6, 2013
    #57 silgado106, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Are we able to transfer progress from original game to this one? Just want to check before I decide to delete old one and play this one!

Thanks!

18. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Awesome, time to try this out at last.

19. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I finished the first game and deleted it. My progress wasn't passed on. However, if you still have the game on your device, it may be transferable.

20. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Never played the first. If you can get past the ftp stigma, this is a true gem. Played through chapter 2 with relative ease, no IAP so far, save a few short videos to boost coin. Regardless, doesn't seem pay-to-win; even with auto-aim enabled, the games no push-over. You still have to bob-n-weave through the eventual bullet-hell, kiting bosses and avoiding hazards, all while keeping an eye on the clock. Refreshing, even for ftp.